Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets are tanking hard. Spurs win incoming.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our team is perfectly fine, at full strength. We can't afford for even one player to be out though.
    I have the exact same sentiment. We cannot afford to lose anyone of our main rotational guy. DjM, DW, KJ, McD, Poeltl, LW and DV. The rest not as critical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously the W or L goes beyond certain stretches of play but the Spurs have been terrible at the start of these fourth quarters when DJ is on the bench.

Thought KJ and DV were solid considering they had just returned. Spurs got outgunned and outrun in this one. Not putting the blame on any particular person in this one.

When you run a motion Offense w/o a primary weapon you need all parts to perform at the level that’s expected.
    One of the issues is that they don't have clear roles yet... So players that should be finishers (whether shoot or drive) don't do it and pass off the ball thinking someone else will do it... We need to start playing Primo for the role we want... If u keep playing him as just another one of the guys, he will be a roleplayer.... He needs to be a finisher on offense... Same with Lonnie... Not everyone has Kawhi work ethic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all the issues the Rockets are having, I didn't see this coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How concerning is that that KJ doesn't play in the clutch of Diop?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was looking at all-time stats for the club and Forbes is number 10 in threes made. Could probably pass Kawhi for 7th by the end of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all that said... We scored 124... The issue was clearly the defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really? losing vs the Rockets st home

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all star Murray needs a decent team to fight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will win this comfortably. Basically a layup line against houston.
    Rockets have won 1 our of their last 10 games....spurs win
    y'all really don't understand how bad this team is. Spurs are now 1-7 in their last 8 games with losses to the Pistons without 13 rotation players, the Raptors and the Rockets and the only win being the one against Boston where Jaylen Brown missed a lay up at the end of the game to tie it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really? losing vs the Rockets st home
    This is actually fantastic stuff. young guys played lots of minutes. we lost. higher pick forthcoming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is actually fantastic stuff. young guys played lots of minutes. we lost. higher pick forthcoming
    Against better opponents yeah, but that was the Rockets who are tanking.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which means the L counts for two. it's a score against a director compe or for a high pick!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which means the L counts for two. it's a score against a director compe or for a high pick!
    But at the end of the day, you want them beating teams they should be beating, right? I get they play hard against quality team, but just to totally play the opposite way against tanking teams? We need to see consistency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes not being on this team I really believe Spurs would be on a better pace than 30-52. He's played in the most games - 39 out of 41.
    Also Johnson is shooting better at 3pt than Forbes with almost as many attempts per game (3.5 to 3.7).

Like you guys are saying hope his good play (blecch) and high PT is leading to an upcoming trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Rockets loss is quite important.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But at the end of the day, you want them beating teams they should be beating, right? I get they play hard against quality team, but just to totally play the opposite way against tanking teams? We need to see consistency
    Losing to the Rockets is embarrassing, and anybody saying otherwise is fooling themselves.

Does it help our draft pick? Possibly.

But let's not sit here and blow smoke up each other's asses if this team can't be expected to at least win the most winnable games, then act like a #1 pick is going to magically turn the franchise around. Tim Duncan ain't walking through those doors, folks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo people finally realize we are one starved team as talent goes and no where near as good as some people think. We have maybe two players who would start on a good team most of our starters would be backups on a good team not great just good team. And YES loosing us helps if their is a player you really want and there is two or three as far as I am concerned.

And Yes tanking one year is not going to solve everything if we can land in the top 5 this year and next year then I think you can start going in the right direction and start to surround talent with good bench players. But right now we have way more bench players then we have legit starters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes being on the floor when you desperately need a stop has to mean that Pop is tanking, right? Right??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing to the Rockets is embarrassing, and anybody saying otherwise is fooling themselves.

Does it help our draft pick? Possibly.

But let's not sit here and blow smoke up each other's asses if this team can't be expected to at least win the most winnable games, then act like a #1 pick is going to magically turn the franchise around. Tim Duncan ain't walking through those doors, folks.
    Separates the wheat from the chaff. You go into the end of this season knowing who has game and who is worthy of sticking around to biild that young core. I mean its the entire point of rebuilding which I finally heard pop acknowledge he's doing. And with that admission and his (forced) lineup changes, pop got out of my doghouse, assuming he keeps playing young guys big minutes. No need tocriticize a coach who has seen the light.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone that thought this team wasn’t a lottery pick candidate just doesn’t really follow the rest of the league. This was always a 20-30 win team. Any forecast of 30 wins was hopefully (stupidly) predicated on PATFO making a midseason move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lonnie's bonehead play at the end of the 3rd quarter (intentionally fouling eric gordon because he thought we had a foul to give) demonstrates what has been his problem all throughout his NBA career: he has poor court awareness and focus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think because this team is pretty dependent on having all of its pieces in order to compete, and so the recent players being out the virus protocols are really what's throwing them so far out of whack. They were rounding into form before that. I only looked at Doug McDermott, but the Spurs are 11-15 with him playing, and 4-11 without him, just as an example. Losing 8 of 9 sucks, and the Detroit and Houston losses especially suck, but I still look at this team as better than their record indicates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How concerning is that that KJ doesn't play in the clutch of Diop?
    KJ simply doesn't have the BB IQ to be in the game when it is close and every play on defense and offense counts. He's likely to make some 'superhero" pass or drive into the lane with 4 guys waiting and lose the ball.

Did anyone think that shooting streak from the perimeter was going to last? We'd have to believe that he is suddenly the BEST shooter on the team.

Frankly, his energy needs to be channeled into an off the bench rotation. But that is hard for the coaches to do as long as his shooting streak was going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes not being on this team I really believe Spurs would be on a better pace than 30-52. He's played in the most games - 39 out of 41.
    Also Johnson is shooting better at 3pt than Forbes with almost as many attempts per game (3.5 to 3.7).

Like you guys are saying hope his good play (blecch) and high PT is leading to an upcoming trade.
    Do you really believe Johnson is not only better than Forbes shooting the 3, he is the best perimeter shooter on the team???? Just askin', cause I know his recent streak was phenomenal. Chip must really be the miracle shooting coach that everyone says, since Johnson couldn't hit the side of a barn from almost any distance when he came in the league.

Thread Information