Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I get that he was important but in the few movies I've watched, he seemed stiff (bend over, I'll show you stiff) and a little unconvincing.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I thought he was already dead tbqh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought he was already dead tbqh
    You're thinking of Nelson Mandela

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You're thinking of Nelson Mandela

you're thinking of the berenstein bears

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

you're thinking of the berenstein bears
    you spelled it right

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    His "Thackeray"---Her "Miss Dare" -To Sir, with Love- are well conceived characters and thoroughly implemented. The relationship with the girl was handled to perfection. Again and again characters stoutly come forward to voice their concern(s) for him & her alike; school administrators, (her) mother, (his) friend, et al. There is no wink, nor nod, just a genuine interest in these characters and what is at stake for them (both.) And how it could go haywire without the community oversight that charges itself in their hours of need.

Bully, bully for this production and the men and women who executed it.

A flawless motion picture event.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Not so much his "Tibbs" -In the Heat of the Night"...Poitier here is used shamelessly when he cajoles himself into the home of the community big shot. Tibbs is miles and states away from his jurisdiction---out of Philadelphia, yet an officer of the court...

Director Jewison cons Poitier into Bogarting his way into the home of this man. Once safely ensconced Poitier throws down, and, on spec accuses him of armed robbery and first degree murder. (The man) takes mercy on Poitier and slaps his face.

"Go on, Sidney, slap him back!" Jewison prods. "It's in the script. We'll make a fortune."

Poitier does and a sort of history is made.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    95. Lived a long, good life.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    RIP

Could have played KC Jones in a Celtics movie

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Not so much his "Tibbs" -In the Heat of the Night"...Poitier here is used shamelessly when he cajoles himself into the home of the community big shot. Tibbs is miles and states away from his jurisdiction---out of Philadelphia, yet an officer of the court...

Director Jewison cons Poitier into Bogarting his way into the home of this man. Once safely ensconced Poitier throws down, and, on spec accuses him of armed robbery and first degree murder. (The man) takes mercy on Poitier and slaps his face.

"Go on, Sidney, slap him back!" Jewison prods. "It's in the script. We'll make a fortune."

Poitier does and a sort of history is made.
    I was forced to watch this old stuff and loved it.
    So I would take recommendations from you as well.
    I think this board as a whole has served as a respected movie watch list for me.
    Younger folks do crave some. We can learn. The value of older folks with experience in this area is appreciated.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I was forced to watch this old stuff and loved it.
    So I would take recommendations from you as well.
    I think this board as a whole has served as a respected movie watch list for me.
    Younger folks do crave some. We can learn. The value of older folks with experience in this area is appreciated.
    Now if you could just let go of the orange haze...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Now if you could just let go of the orange haze...
    Let's be honest, peeg, you wouldn't want me to sell him out. You'd think terrible of me and you'd be correct.

As I always do I reflect back to -The Wild Bunch- and Holden as "Pike Bishop"... "When you side with a man, you stay with him! And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished! We're finished! All of us."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10668617[/URL]]Let's be honest, peeg, you wouldn't want me to sell him out. You'd think terrible of me and you'd be correct.

As I always do I reflect back to -The Wild Bunch- and Holden as "Pike Bishop"... "When you side with a man, you stay with him! And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished! We're finished! All of us."
    here’s a random question for you…what’s the best version of A Christmas Carol? Had a debate about this recently.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I get that he was important but in the few movies I've watched, he seemed stiff (bend over, I'll show you stiff) and a little unconvincing.
    I think most of that stiffness comes from being a pioneer in his field at the time of civil rights. He had to project a lot of reservation and dignity to be accepted as anything other than a cliche in his roles. I’ve only seen 4 of his films, but I recommend Lilies of the Field or A Patch of Blue if you want to see him a little lighter and more fluid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    imo this board really excels in the movie selections.
    Most of the movies rated well here are really good.

So ST has that going for it.
    Only time I dont go for it is the superhero stuff.
    But god bless lefty's soul for liking it so much. Its good to know people are out there that like the genre. Most of the people I know that are into the stuff are wonderfully excitable interesting peeps.

Thread Information