Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A great deal for Utah. In Conley they get a far better shooter and as good as a defender as Rubio. Its a great upgrade in the PG position. If Conley stays healthy he is among the top 5 best PGs in the league. In Conley, Mitc , Ingles, and Gobert.. they have a very good core who will move the needle further from the previous seasons under a good coach in Snyder.

And meh, I am not so gung ho over Crowder. Advanced stats show he has regressed significantly on defence and his contract extends into next season. Would prefer JaMychal Green for a portion or full MLE over him.

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

how do you post a freaking tweet nowadays!

i get this color code and font etx
    Last edited by timvp; 06-19-2019 at 11:36 AM. Reason: fixed tweet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there's anybody in the thread that thinks Bryn or Bertans is better than Crowder now and in the next 5 years, please speak up asap tbh....
    #signed. Jae just exchanges your defensive problem for an offensive one when he's on the floor. You haven't improved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the market is determined by other teams, not just the one we root for.
    My statement stands. If the market is crazy stupid, you don't buy. It's no different than Wall St. If the stock market is crazy, stay the F out of it until it stabilizes. Nothing says that you HAVE to own stocks.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crowder is washed up. I don't see him really adding value to the Spurs tbh. Is Rubio off to Europe or China now? Can't imagine another NBA team picking him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #signed. Jae just exchanges your defensive problem for an offensive one when he's on the floor. You haven't improved.
    I already know you would since a lot of the suckers are enamored with Forbes. But give me that defense any day of the week, especially in a conference that has LeBron, potentially Nephew, and Harden...

Bertans was nonexistent in the playoffs and having a loser like Forbes take away minutes from guys like White, Murray, and Walker is shameful tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

how do you post a freaking tweet nowadays!

i get this color code and font etx
    Kyle Korver rejected the Spurs in the past (check), good character guy despite his white privilege (check), bad at defense (check), way past his prime (check)....there goes our MLE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, if you want a no shoot, defensive 3, just make an MLE (maybe even partial) offer on RHJ. He won't even cost you a pick, and he's 24, 4 years younger than Jae.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A great deal for Utah. In Conley they get a far better shooter and as good as a defender as Rubio. Its a great upgrade in the PG position. If Conley stays healthy he is among the top 5 best PGs in the league. In Conley, Mitc , Ingles, and Gobert.. they have a very good core who will move the needle further from the previous seasons under a good coach in Snyder.

And meh, I am not so gung ho over Crowder. Advanced stats show he has regressed significantly on defence and his contract extends into next season. Would prefer JaMychal Green for a portion or full MLE over him.
    Conley makes a ton of money, and plays about 60 games a year.

Oh, and as I posted in the Green thread that was bumped, he was flipped to the LAC at the deadline last season. You'll have to call The Logo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already know you would since a lot of the suckers are enamored with Forbes. But give me that defense any day of the week, especially in a conference that has LeBron, potentially Nephew, and Harden...

Bertans was nonexistent in the playoffs and having a loser like Forbes take away minutes from guys like White, Murray, and Walker is shameful tbh....
    You're simultaneously trying to hype Crowder for his playoffs performance and ignoring that Bryn was really good there. Dude showed up and did his part to give the Spurs a chance to win Game Seven.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're simultaneously trying to hype Crowder for his playoffs performance and ignore that Bryn was really good there. Dude showed up and did his part to give the Spurs a chance to win Game Seven.
    I gave Bryn props for his playoff performance when it happened. But would I rather have him over Jae Crowder in the short-term and potentially long-term? Absolutely not. Like it's not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conley makes a ton of money, and plays about 60 games a year.

Oh, and as I posted in the Green thread that was bumped, he was flipped to the LAC at the deadline last season. You'll have to call The Logo.
    Yeah. But the contract ends in two years (including next season) which means that he fits with the Utah timeline. His contract won't eat up into space when they are due to pay Mitc .

Conley has always looked good after returning from injury which means that if his minutes are managed in the regular season properly, he could make an impact in an extended postseason for the Jazz.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great move for Utah, the West is wide open and they desperately needed another shot-creator..they didn't give up anything of value..Conley still has enough game to make an impact for 2 more seasons..

The success of the Kawhi trade is going to alter the way teams make moves, going forward IMO..you're going to see much more gambling on short-term impact when an opportunity arises from middle of the pack teams..

It makes sense, why not gamble on proven vets, rather than endlessly amassing picks that will likely never amount to anything significant? Look at the Celtics, they were in as good of a position as you could ever be in from a picks and assets perspective, yet it didn't amount to anything on the court..

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great move for Utah, the West is wide open and they desperately needed another shot-creator..they didn't give up anything of value..Conley still has enough game to make an impact for 2 more seasons..

The success of the Kawhi trade is going to alter the way teams make moves, going forward IMO..you're going to see much more gambling on short-term impact when an opportunity arises from middle of the pack teams..

It makes sense, why not gamble on proven vets, rather than endlessly amassing picks that will likely never amount to anything significant? Look at the Celtics, they were in as good of a position as you could ever be in from a picks and assets perspective, yet it didn't amount to anything on the court..
    sellers market right now..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Crowder could be had now. Memphis probably wants to make moves toward competing for a playoffs spot, but they probably won't get there anyway, and Jae can get them a draft pick. He's fallen off since his Celtics days, but he'd still be a solid guy to play the three in big lineups and the four in small lineups.
    I want both, Crowder and Korver. They will most likely go ring chasing to teams like LA and GS though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crowder is very limited, but I'd take him on the Spurs..they could really use another defender and a guy who does the hard work, they barely have anybody on the roster who is built that way..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want both, Crowder and Korver. They will most likely go ring chasing to teams like LA and GS though.
    Want nothing to do with Korver. He's just a worse Bertans now. Crowder isn't going to get cut, so there's no ring-chasing in his future for a couple of seasons. I'm on board with moving Beli and 29 for him though. I'd prefer to go for Bogdanovic first, but that wouldn't a draft-night trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Want nothing to do with Korver. He's just a worse Bertans now. Crowder isn't going to get cut, so there's no ring-chasing in his future for a couple of seasons. I'm on board with moving Beli and 29 for him though. I'd prefer to go for Bogdanovic first, but that wouldn't a draft-night trade.
    Korver is a better Beli, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Korver is a better Beli, tbh.
    Well, certainly an OLDER one....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On important free agency decisions, Lebron better remember to call Korver’s wife instead of him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crowder appears to have good BBIQ, but he’s either had a lifetime of poor coaching or he’s not very coachable. He looks like a two year project. Pass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crowder appears to have good BBIQ, but he’s either had a lifetime of poor coaching or he’s not very coachable. He looks like a two year project. Pass
    Project? He is what he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conley has one of the worst contracts in the league, just as injury prone, about half the player that Kawhi is.....

And the Grizzlies still got a better haul than the Spurs

Queue the "leverage" gang in 3..2....1......
    Exactly my thought and I just bumped Amused thread..

Masai Ujiri is gonna get a multi-year 10 millions contract. His CV right now should only have one sentence that reads:

"The Kawhi trade where I bent over your Gods (Pop/RC)"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% Give them the 29th and Beli or Bertans.

Jae could start day 1.

Murray/White/DeRozan/Jae/LMA would be dope
    Eh, no reason to give up the 29th. I'd rather have the 29th over Crowder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the market is determined by other teams, not just the one we root for.
    Well only if the Spurs let it be. I'd rather they keep the pick if that's the price.

Thread Information