Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How McConnell Can Quickly Push Through Trump's Nominee

https://news.yahoo.com/mcconnell-qui...151453074.html
    They need to move forward on it regardless of what the senate wafflers and RINO's think. Make them take a vote. In the case of Collins, it appears she is finished anyhow as I can't recall the last time she was ahead in any polls, which seem to be pretty accurate for senate races. She generates no enthusiasm and seems to be a nervous wreck.

The democrats are going to try every trick in the book to delay this. May see another government shutdown as well.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to move forward on it regardless of what the senate wafflers and RINO's think. Make them take a vote. In the case of Collins, it appears she is finished anyhow as I can't recall the last time she was ahead in any polls, which seem to be pretty accurate for senate races. She generates no enthusiasm and seems to be a nervous wreck.

The democrats are going to try every trick in the book to delay this. May see another government shutdown as well.
    I wouldn't imagine Maine Republicans are excited about her constantly placating the Democrats. Same with Alaskans/Murkowski.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate election years.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mitch doesn't give a

Democrats had no problem assassinating Kavanaugh's character for political gain. It's a dirty game and if Dems were in the same position, you can bet they would be moving forward.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I wouldn't imagine Maine Republicans are excited about her constantly placating the Democrats. Same with Alaskans/Murkowski.
    Maine is quirky so she is in a tough position. She should have studied McCain who knew how to RINO and stay in office better than anyone I have ever seen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maine is quirky so she is in a tough position. She should have studied McCain who knew how to RINO and stay in office better than anyone I have ever seen.
    He played vet card and war prisoner card well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mitch doesn't give a
    Was the poll given in California

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I knew he was a piece of already but is there a backstory on his incoherent tweets about pigeons and dead deer
    I think he's just texting people and it's ending up on his twitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats had no problem assassinating Kavanaugh's character for political gain. It's a dirty game and if Dems were in the same position, you can bet they would be moving forward.
    No doubt about it. One thing doesn't justify the other, however. Mitch should just come out and say I don't give a , instead of pretending that the stunt he pulled with magic negro was all about moral standards and/or historical congressional duties.

You know, in case like this happens, and he has to backtrack like a .

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McCain didn't RINO to stay in office. He was just a shill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh this is goooood

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh this is goooood

But 2016 and Muh__ Muh__ Muh__ Mitch!!!

spurraider21

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there should be consistency. if the repubs did their job in 2016 and confirmed garland, people would have less issue with trump trying to replace RBG now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    succinct

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I don’t like the idea of impeaching Trump right now, but it makes complete sense to pass a partisan budget resolution the way Republicans do when they control the house.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t like the idea of impeaching Trump right now, but it makes complete sense to pass a partisan budget resolution the way Republicans do when they control the house.
    What about impeaching Barr, Wolf and Cuccinelli? All are deserving.

Is raw power only good when Republicans use it?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    there should be consistency. if the repubs did their job in 2016 and confirmed garland, people would have less issue with trump trying to replace RBG now
    And it still would have been a win for Republicans. They would have effectively replaced Scalia with a Federalist Society shill who rules the same way Scalia does, while the Democrats would have replaced the most liberal judge on the bench with a moderate. Swapping RBG & Scalia for Garland & Kavanaugh would have still been an overall shift to the right.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    What about impeaching Barr, Wolf and Cuccinelli? All are deserving.

Is raw power only good when Republicans use it?
    I’m worried about the impact it would have on the election. If Trump gets re-elected then by all means bury him under a mountain of impeachments.

Right now an impeachment distracts voters from the 200k Americans killed by Trump’s negligence and the little healthcare protections Americans have getting wiped away by Trump’s Supreme Court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m worried about the impact it would have on the election. If Trump gets re-elected then by all means bury him under a mountain of impeachments.

Right now an impeachment distracts voters from the 200k Americans killed by Trump’s negligence and the little healthcare protections Americans have getting wiped away by Trump’s Supreme Court.
    Bodily autonomy for women and voting rights will be under the gun if McConnell jams through a SC Justice, there are distinct political risks to doing too little for the Dems.

If the Dems prove unwilling to use the power they have to protect their consitutuents, what are they good for? Continuing to lose while complaining about mean Republicans is a losing strategy, imo.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 09-21-2020 at 10:16 AM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Not sure if posted ITT yet but Trump said he's not announcing his pick until Friday or Saturday, which is really surprising. The vetting process then doesn't start until September 28th - it would be a really tall task to get fully through the confirmation process in the 36 days between when vetting would start and election day. It seems like they're either gunning for a lame duck session vote or they have a political agenda.

In addition to Graham, Ernst and Thillis are on the judiciary committee. Iowa and North Carolina are probably the two closest and most important senate races in terms of determining the majority, it's going to be a logistical challenge if both in bents are busy in DC trying to ram a judge through congress instead of in their home state campaigning.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Bodily autonomy for women and voting rights will be under the gun if McConnell jams through a SC Justice, there are disticnt political risks to doing too little for the Dems.

If the Dems prove unwilling to use the power they have to protect their consitutuents, what are they good for?
    If they lose the election because they shift everyone's focus to an impeachment hearing, it goes from a possibility to a certainty bodily autonomy and voting rights get attacked for the next 4 years.

The last time they impeached Trump it did absolutely nothing to stop him, not sure what makes you think another impeachment would be different. By the time articles of impeachment even got ratified by the house the senate would be finished confirming Trump's nomination and we'd probably be past election day.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if posted ITT yet but Trump said he's not announcing his pick until Friday or Saturday, which is really surprising. The vetting process then doesn't start until September 28th - it would be a really tall task to get fully through the confirmation process in the 36 days between when vetting would start and election day. It seems like they're either gunning for a lame duck session vote or they have a political agenda.

In addition to Graham, Ernst and Thillis are on the judiciary committee. Iowa and North Carolina are probably the two closest and most important senate races in terms of determining the majority, it's going to be a logistical challenge if both in bents are busy in DC trying to ram a judge through congress instead of in their home state campaigning.

of course there’s a political agenda. The r’s are soulless valueless party that has nothing to offer in the way of legislation. They’ve managed to show no concern over killing 200000 people.

There’s a real bereft of energy in their base right now. Pissing off libs isn’t enough when you have no job, and are getting evicted. It matters to a lot of them, Not the pieces of here like ducks and spurtacular and rmt and the like, but slowly but surely people are figuring out what a pile of the party of trump is. That’s why races that shouldn’t be close are ones they’re spending money on.

this is about turning out their base. Then let the suppression do the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bodily autonomy for women and voting rights will be under the gun if McConnell jams through a SC Justice, there are distinct political risks to doing too little for the Dems.

If the Dems prove unwilling to use the power they have to protect their consitutuents, what are they good for? Continuing to lose while complaining about mean Republicans is a losing strategy, imo.
    Packing the court if they gain control of the Senate is simply the threat they have to use to get the GOP to hold off until after the election.

I would fully back such an effort. GOP wants bare knuckle bull when they have control of the Senate, then they need to live with the consequences of overriding the minority, when they are the minority.

Our schlorotic government will get worse, and less will be done in the future if the fascist party ever regains control of either part of the legislative.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    of course there’s a political agenda. The r’s are soulless valueless party that has nothing to offer in the way of legislation. They’ve managed to show no concern over killing 200000 people.

There’s a real bereft of energy in their base right now. Pissing off libs isn’t enough when you have no job, and are getting evicted. It matters to a lot of them, Not the pieces of here like ducks and spurtacular and rmt and the like, but slowly but surely people are figuring out what a pile of the party of trump is. That’s why races that shouldn’t be close are ones they’re spending money on.

this is about turning out their base. Then let the suppression do the rest.
    You could be right but I have a hard time believing this energizes their base that much more. The GOP (to its credit) does a great job making sure its base is energized 24/7/365, the evangelicals were already of the mindset that they were going to crawl through shards of glass to vote for Trump. RBG was also never going to make it another 4 years, so her seat was already on the ballot this year before she died.

I know the conventional wisdom from 2018 is that the Kavanaugh confirmation energized the base and lost Democrats senate seats in Missouri, Florida & Indiana but those seats were going to be tough no matter what. You also need election carrots more in midterm elections when your party controls the white house.

Thread Information