Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Nah man Maradona was assaulted every game Pepe style, both of his knees were shot when he retired, he was even suffering everytime he walked during the last vew years
    They fractured his fibula on a foul while in Barcelona...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Nah man Maradona was assaulted every game Pepe style, both of his knees were shot when he retired, he was even suffering everytime he walked during the last vew years
    Plus nowadays, you tackle like that, and it's an automatic red... which is fine.

Back then, you'll get hit like that all game.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    I do respect the fact that CR7 went to calcio though. It's not as tough as it used to be, but it's still more physical than La Liga or EPL...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Apparently, he was diagnosed with osteoarthritis (no cartilage on his knees) in 2004, well after he retired. Years of drug and alcohol abuse, combined with a trash diet will eventually catch up to you.

Unnecessary stress from years of walking around overweight did that to his knees. Not because his era was particularly more violent and brutal in terms of tackling.

See, this is exactly what i mean when i say nostalgia will make some people spin mythology into reality
    Last edited by Bynumite; 11-26-2020 at 10:44 PM.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    The second half of that video is a collection of flops?
    You mean the part of the video where you see him bleed twice from his face?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    You can regrow and heal your fibula, it's a bone. When your cartilage is severely damaged, it's gone forever. Sorry but your idol did it to himself.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    You can regrow and heal your fibula, it's a bone. When your cartilage is severely damaged, it's gone forever. Sorry but your idol did it to himself.
    He got his fibula broken on a tackle, that's what we're talking about. No, he didn't do it to himself, you can even watch the video, the guy that injured him was called Goikoetxea (warning, it's nasty). This was in 1983.

I recall seeing people get a broken leg on bad, mistimed collision since but not a tackle.

Don't get upset though, nobody is taking anything away from CR7 or Missi, tbh

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    You mean the part of the video where you see him bleed twice from his face?
    Those are accidental elbows, not tackles, tbh...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Apparently, he was diagnosed with osteoarthritis (no cartilage on his knees) in 2004, well after he retired. Years of drug and alcohol abuse, combined with a trash diet will eventually catch up to you.

Unnecessary stress from years of walking around overweight did that to his knees. Not because his era was particularly more violent and brutal in terms of tackling.

See, this is exactly what i mean when i say nostalgia will make some people spin mythology into reality
    Just say you didn't watch the game back then and you don't know what you're talking about, tbh... we already know, and it's really not a big deal, tbh...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    He got his fibula broken on a tackle, that's what we're talking about. No, he didn't do it to himself, you can even watch the video, the guy that injured him was called Goikoetxea (warning, it's nasty). This was in 1983.

I recall seeing people get a broken leg on bad, mistimed collision since but not a tackle.

The damage to the cartilage on his knees was not football related. It was a product of Maradona's drug/alcohol abuse and eating habits. That's what i was referring to when i said he did it to himself.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Just say you didn't watch the game back then and you don't know what you're talking about, tbh... we already know, and it's really not a big deal, tbh...
    Strong points, my man. Not refuting anything i said in that post really showed me

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Those are accidental elbows, not tackles, tbh...
    You're the one who called those plays, flops in a previous post. So Ronaldo flopped after getting elbowed and left bleeding from his face. Ok

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Ronaldo played in the PL during the 00's, Messi used to get mauled by Ramos, Pepe and Carvalho every El Classico. Nostalgia making some fans overrate past eras as usual.

You have no ing idea what u talking about ma niffa

Give up on soccet tbqh

It will be best for all parties involved

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    truth bomb

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Strong points, my man. Not refuting anything i said in that post really showed me
    Already pointed out, tbh, you just keep doubling down on stupid, you hate to see it, etc...

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    thinking an elbow to the head is the same thing as a kick in the back of the leg

Some n8gas never played a minute of futbol tbqh

A good kick on the back of your leg will drop you immediately its just a fact. And it hurts too cause back of the leg is not conditioned to be hit

And im not saying soccer is not marred with floppers. But trust me. A good kick in the back of the leg will just drop you plain and simple.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    You're the one who called those plays, flops in a previous post. So Ronaldo flopped after getting elbowed and left bleeding from his face. Ok
    There's more than two elbows in the 2nd half of that video... and frankly, it's clear you have no idea what we're talking about.

Half of those plays probably ended up in a red card, even if they were flops. That's today's football, and I think it's actually better this way. You don't want to miss these great players for 6 months because of a butcher.

Like I said, these comparisons are complicated. I think a much more valid point would be that nowadays teams play more often and sometimes travel more.

Diego was always very fit athletically, and built like a bull, but not every player back then was. Nowadays even your lesser players need to be fit.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    There's more than two elbows in the 2nd half of that video... and frankly, it's clear you have no idea what we're talking about.

Half of those plays probably ended up in a red card, even if they were flops. That's today's football, and I think it's actually better this way. You don't want to miss these great players for 6 months because of a butcher.

Like I said, these comparisons are complicated. I think a much more valid point would be that nowadays teams play more often and sometimes travel more.

Diego was always very fit athletically, and built like a bull, but not every player back then was. Nowadays even your lesser players need to be fit.
    I was just thinking diego was built like a little tank. With little tree stumps for legs.

But his ball control, speed and genius along with the little tank body made him ing unstoppable.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    I was just thinking diego was built like a little tank. With little tree stumps for legs.

But his ball control, speed and genius along with the little tank body made him ing unstoppable.
    Was just watching commentary from players that played in his era, like Zola, Baresi, Lineker... they all agree he was just a sturdy mofo even if he didn't look like it.

Also watched the HBO do entary, and he said he had to slow down once he got to Italy, after his first season in Napoli, because they'll kill him playing at high speed.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Bilbao

Those racist Basque s tried to end Diego’s career everytime they played Barcelona

One night Diego had enough and went Bruce Lee circa Game Of Death on their asses

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Already pointed out, tbh, you just keep doubling down on stupid, you hate to see it, etc...
    Once again, not addressing anything i said in that post and deflecting with childish insults You only mentioned the fibula, which his a completely separate issue from the cartilage on his knees.

Sorry that your idol ate, drank and drugged himself until his knees blew up from years of excessive weight.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Once again, not addressing anything i said in that post and deflecting with childish insults You only mentioned the fibula, which his a completely separate issue from the cartilage on his knees.

Sorry that your idol ate, drank and drugged himself until his knees blew up from years of excessive weight.
    What do I have to address? I didn't bring up any cartilage... you were having that conversation with somebody else. I didn't even disagree with you on that point, tbh...

Now when you post a video of Ronaldo flopping left and right and try to compare to a guy that was getting epidural injections every weekend on his back, it's not nostalgia, you just have no idea what you're talking about.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I do respect the fact that CR7 went to calcio though. It's not as tough as it used to be, but it's still more physical than La Liga or EPL...
    And to an underdog team just like DieGOAT tbh

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    triggered so quickly
    Talk to 140 and i'm_still_beta, they are the ones complaining about this thread turning into a Messi one, tbh.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Thread Information