Page 186 of 237 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 5906
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    I think it bordered on too slow but pulled it off. I think the basic acting by the daughter and especially son just was not good. And when the 2nd most important character is subpar that will dull a slow pace even more. The pace made the story believable. Because the entire event occurs within a small period of time yet carries alot of off screen back story - war, demographic migration, his family dynamic. Otherwise how do you make it believable that this old bitter Polak () would make such a sacrifice for someone he met relatively recently.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Hunt (danish film with Mads Mikkelsen) - 8/10

i am mostly watching foreign films lately and holy , watching newer american films make me sick.

I'll watch Tomorrow War this week with friends... please be at least average.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide

i am mostly watching foreign films lately and holy , watching newer american films make me sick.

True tbh, all the most creative new filmmakers at the moment are either non-Americans or they’re Americans who get money-whipped into joining the mindless Disney machine.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I saw Roadrunner, the voice s ching at the beginning was a bit off putting but it was good. Him basically abandoning his daughter was bizarre and was upsetting

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Game - 6/10
    Falling down 6/10

I'll say that the game is a better film, but theres way too many things going just the way that they are suppose to go, so i have a hard time believing any of the thats going on. And Falling down is only great when Michael Douglas is on screen, sucks that that's just 50% of the film.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Game - 6/10
    Falling down 6/10

I'll say that the game is a better film, but theres way too many things going just the way that they are suppose to go, so i have a hard time believing any of the thats going on. And Falling down is only great when Michael Douglas is on screen, sucks that that's just 50% of the film.
    I like how Douglas' character jumps off the roof at the end and falls perfectly where he was supposed to. He could have jumped off the roof literally anywhere and died.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I like how Douglas' character jumps off the roof at the end and falls perfectly where he was supposed to. He could have jumped off the roof literally anywhere and died.
    yea, that was really planned perfectly. I also didnt know until the end credits it was a david fincher movie, but it makes total sense it is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I tried watching "The Leftovers" series on HBO but I FF'd through much of it. 5/10. Too much introspection, too many pointless monologues that only served as time fillers. Saving grace was Scott Glenn but he was a wasted talent.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Pig - 7/10

i couldnt sleep, so I saw some people talking about this new Nicolas Cage film and how its good... And to my surprise it was pretty good. Its a very slow drama and I am sure it wont be for everyone, but its acted really well, by everyone. You can clearly see that Cage is still a great actor, but cause of the money problems he has to make 10 films per year and every 5 or so years we get a good one. Hope to see him do more of this low cost indie films, cause here he can shine.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    The Game - 6/10
    Falling down 6/10

yea, that was really planned perfectly. I also didnt know until the end credits it was a david fincher movie, but it makes total sense it is.
    Pig - 7/10

i couldnt sleep, so I saw some people talking about this new Nicolas Cage film and how its good... And to my surprise it was pretty good. Its a very slow drama and I am sure it wont be for everyone, but its acted really well, by everyone. You can clearly see that Cage is still a great actor, but cause of the money problems he has to make 10 films per year and every 5 or so years we get a good one. Hope to see him do more of this low cost indie films, cause here he can shine.
    TR is the best.

TR

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pig - 7/10

Yeah movie was really good. Got everyone in the theater teared up towards the end

Fear Street 1994 - 5/10
    Fear Street 1978 - 6/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Saw it yesterday. Why do you suppose "Snowball" always tears up when she speaks for any length of time, TR?

Held up pretty good till she got to the gate to the Manor and then it fell into regularity, but still held my interest.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Saw it yesterday. Why do you suppose "Snowball" always tears up when she speaks for any length of time, TR?

Held up pretty good till she got to the gate to the Manor and then it fell into regularity, but still held my interest.
    who do you mean by ''snowball''?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    who do you mean by ''snowball''?
    The surviving blond/Crystal. Wasn't her code name "Snowball?"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The surviving blond/Crystal. Wasn't her code name "Snowball?"
    i meant the danish film, not that american film. i haven't seen that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    A Quiet Place 2 - 8/10........... better than the first one. Lots of action and jumpy scenes. Niggra threw his popcorn to the ceiling a couple of times.

Rambo Last Blood - 6/10........... very predictable movie, yet entertaining. Rambo didnt play in this flick, he went straight up Rambo!!! A bit gorey, naw big time gorey. I though I was in the middle of the ER watchin this flick.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nobody - 8.5/10

You may be thinking John Wick clone but it's not. It was great.
    Finally go around to checking this out. Agree with 8.5/10. I was pretty shocked how well Odenkirk pulled off the action hero thing.
    Also, the soundtrack was great in how it was integrated into the scenes. Particularly the car chase. Also keeping it to 1.5 hours meant that there weren't many slow moments.
    And then the adult version of Home Alone at the end.
    Very entertaining.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Also Vivarium

Pretty decent. Nothing groundbreaking but it was interesting and entertaining. Again...another 1.5 hour move.
    7/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Snake Eyes- 6/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    LOL...that's a giant pic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Never seen that Nick Cage flick. Speaking of Cage

Color out of space- 7/10

trippy sci-fi horror flick.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Never seen that Nick Cage flick. Speaking of Cage

Color out of space- 7/10

trippy sci-fi horror flick.
    The Nick Cage Snake Eyes is actually pretty good.

I might check out Color Out of Space. I like trippy sci-fi.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Suicide Squad - 5/10

All i heard about this movie is how its great, that its probably the best DCEU movie. People were giving it 8's and 9's and I have no idea if i watched the same movie. Is it more funny than the first one? Yea, sure. Is it better? Not really. Its pretty much the same with a different team of people. I actually thought it would be much better just cause of James Gunn, who's MCU films I think were very good, especially Guardians 1, which is in my top 3 MCU films, but this here was not even close to that. I also have no ing idea when Harley Quinn became a super John Wick on steroids. I expect to see her fly in the next one. I did like the rat girl, while Idris Elba was pretty much Will Smith from the first one. Oh, and Weasel was great. Sucks that he's in the movie for 2 minutes... Anyway, i think i am done with superhero films, cause this is just hard to watch.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The suicide squad 9/10 don't listen to ^ that guy

Thread Information