Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? Only 6 more than last year is what you losers are giving us? As I scour the net to find some optimism for my beloved team all I find is hate. Its like people are paying us back for for being so good over the years. Its like all of these sports writers are related to that girl up in Colorado. Its like the nerds are in control now.

"Jim Buss An Atrocity"
    "The Lakers Have Fallen And Won't Get Up"
    "What's Left Of The Lakers"
    "Are Any Of The Lakers Worth Drafting"

These are all les of articles circling around the world these days about my team. You know... I'm going to make a promise to this board. If we don't make the playoffs this season I will regulate myself to just posting only. I will not start any threads... EVER!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys will do better. You guys just seem to get whatever big FA name you can get and don't look at fit - which is fine considering LA is not attractive right now.

but remember, 3 rookies are starting. You won't be good for a few years without a big signing.

31-51 and that's judging on Kobe becoming a playmaker which is looking likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hubert is a great pick up though.. Need that D in the West

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're just not a very good team. There's no conspiracy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Fallen and won't get up"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys will do better. You guys just seem to get whatever big FA name you can get and don't look at fit - which is fine considering LA is not attractive right now.

but remember, 3 rookies are starting. You won't be good for a few years without a big signing.

31-51 and that's judging on Kobe becoming a playmaker which is looking likely.
    You have that record backwards. We beat your prediction even without Kobe. You do realize we were in tank mode all of last season, right? We have 2 rookies starting and one that's on record stating that he can't be guarded by the guy who got the most first place defensive player of the year votes last season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think 30-32 is reasonable, good season ... 35 would be great anything close to 40 amazing, but highly unlikely.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 10-20-2015 at 01:51 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm looking at 35 wins with this current team. If no one important gets hurt, we can over achieve and get up to 40 wins. We have talent and players like Randle and Clarkson are NBA ready from what I see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry guys, Utah had a ton of talent and they are just now expected to break out. Hibbert and Bass are good pieces though. But growing pains will happen.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope you guys miss out on the Top-3 protected pick

Dryer than Kunta's ankles Ashy Larry's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think 30-32 is reasonable ... 35 would be amazing.

yup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the West is overrated. Our biggest obstacle will be health to Kobe. That ty Dallas team won 50 games last season. We're better than them.

Dryer than Kunta's ankles Ashy Larry's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think the West is overrated. Our biggest obstacle will be health to Kobe. That ty Dallas team won 50 games last season. We're better than them.
    Not last year. 35 games would be a success for this squad ……. And the West will always be tough. If it were overrated, I think we would have had 30 wins last year. We’ll see how Bryant holds up physically and how the rest of the squad holds up mentally.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan, Aldridge, Leonard, Green, Parker
    Bogut, Green, Barnes, Thompson, Curry
    Howard, Jones, Ariza, Harden, Lawson
    Kanter, Ibaka, Durant, Waiters, Westbrook
    Jordan, Griffin, Pierce, Red , Paul
    Gasol, Randolph, Green, Lee, Conley
    Asik, Davis, Pondexter, Gordon, Holiday
    McGee, Nowitzki, Parsons, Matthews, Williams
    Cauley-Stein, Cousins, Gay, Belinelli, Rondo
    Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Burks, Burke
    Towns Jr, Garnett, Wiggins, Martin, Rubio
    Plumlee, Leonard, Aminu, Henderson, Lillard
    Hibbert, Randle, Bryant, Clarkson, Russell

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think Utah and Minny are overrated. I love Towns but I dont see w\how they are better than us if both teams are healthy. Utah is the Phx of 2013-2014. Everyone expected a "leap" after a strong finish the year before ...never happened. I am calling it right now ... when they fail to take that leap the coach will be fired or more likely, a major trade will happen.

You heard it here first and they will NOT make the playoffs this year. Without a major move.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are going to be worse than people expect IMO..Hibbert and Kobe is the most inefficient duo in the NBA, and they are playing for the worst offensive coach in the league..

No perimeter defense, as well..horribly constructed team with little talent and an atrocious coach..can't even envision a scenario where they crack 30 wins..

Their bench will be decent, though..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They are going to be worse than people expect IMO..Hibbert and Kobe is the most inefficient duo in the NBA, and they are playing for the worst offensive coach in the league..

No perimeter defense, as well..horribly constructed team with little talent and an atrocious coach..can't even envision a scenario where they crack 30 wins..

Their bench will be decent, though..
    So make a prediction on a win range instead of making a open comment like that ...

27?
    25?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So make a prediction on a win range instead of making a open comment like that ...

27?
    25?
    23-24 wins IMO..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does the OP just create opportunities to welsh?

That said, I don't see how they can win more than 35 games.

Minimal outside shooting, no inside scoring, reliant on mid range jumpers, doesn't seem to be that good defensively (everybody outside of Hibbert actually looks horrible), terrible coaching, there really isn't one thing to like.

At least the Wolves got upside, what does the lakers have?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why does the OP just create opportunities to welsh?

That said, I don't see how they can win more than 35 games.

Minimal outside shooting, no inside scoring, reliant on mid range jumpers, doesn't seem to be that good defensively (everybody outside of Hibbert actually looks horrible), terrible coaching, there really isn't one thing to like.

At least the Wolves got upside, what does the lakers have?
    They do have more upside on paper two #1 overall picks plus Lavine screams upside. Upside doesnt win in the NBA talent experience and coaching does. Lakers dont have elite talent but have more than last year and added some solid vets. Like I said if healthy 32 wins is my prediction with a 35 win ceiling 30 win floor. There is enough talent for 30 wins. you guys are underestimating some of it.

Playoffs?! LOL in my Jim Mora voice ...are you kidding me? Playoffs?!

BTW for the OP I quoted or Amb ... if healthy (meaning no major injuries to Randle/Kobe/Clarkson ...willing to make a sig, avvy or ELE bet that Lakers finish ahead of Minny.

It will suck because they will probably also keep their pick and we may not ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 10-20-2015 at 03:28 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    BTW I am already counting on another fluke win vs the Spurs this season. And it will be awesome the meltdown retaliation posts were epic ... and when the Spurs finish as the #2 or #3 seed by one game .... it will be even sweeter.

I know, how the mighty have fallen, blah blah blah but when you are at the bottom gotta take aim at the top dogs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put us above Memphis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would actually be a little surprised if the Lakers are any better than the 2nd worst team in the West, tbh..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I would actually be a little surprised if the Lakers are any better than the 2nd worst team in the West, tbh..
    Thanks for your BS analysis per par.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for your BS analysis per par.
    probably hit 80% or so of my here if I had to guess IMO..

There is my Lakers analysis from last year:

I still can't believe there are people that believe/believed they can make the playoffs..their roster is really, really ing bad..

There's a very solid chance that they're going to be the worst team in the West, tbh..
    I still can't believe so many old-media analysts(Wilbon, etc) and fans with antiquated views/opinions on basketball actually believe the Lakers can be good this season, tbh..

On paper, they have one of the 3 worst rosters in the NBA..throw in arguably the worst coach in the league, and ya, you have the 2014-2015 Lakers..

hyping 3rd string caliber players like Boozer and Lin
    Vs. the analysis from the man with highlights in his hair that predicted the Lakers would have a shot at the playoffs and that Kobe was accurately ranked as a top 40 player..if I want advice on 90s White Boy hairstyles, I'll ask you, otherwise, keep browsing the forum rather than posting, tbh..

Thread Information