Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the Huffington Post can't help but add to the nonsense...because, yeah, who needs facts at a time like this?

The Huffington Post Made a Big Mistake in Its St. Louis Shooting Coverage

After the fatal police shooting of another 18-year-old black man in a St. Louis suburb Tuesday night, news outlets scrambled to cover the story.

The Huffington Post landed a juicy source hours after the shooting: Antonio Martin’s best friend, who witnessed the shooting firsthand.

Except the man turned out to be a fraud.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Officer Fatally Shoots Armed Man Near Ferguson, Police Say
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/25/us...-shooting.html
    It so annoying to read articles like the one above where the point out the skin color of every person involved every single time a person is mentioned.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Video purporting to show the deceased pointing a handgun at the officer moments before he was shot.

It's grainy and hard to discern but, it doesn't look like his finger.
    Nice park job at 1:20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice park job at 1:20

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Belmar said the 18-year-old had a considerable criminal record in the less than two years since he turned 17, with three assault charges, armed robbery, armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon

another saint wrongfully killed by police after pointing a firearm at them

And the protesters seem to be getting stupider and stupider

"Some protesters questioned why the officer couldn't use pepper spray or a stun gun."

"I understand police officers have a job and have an obligation to go home to their families at the end of the night," he said. "But do you have to treat every situation with lethal force? ... It's not a racial issue, or black or white. It's wrong or right."

Yes you ing idiot you respond with lethal force when someone points a gun at you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The comments on the articles are just amazing...Sure are some ignorant s out there...

From all the facts, black or white this stupid asshole was just begging to get shot by the Popo. The fact that blacks knee jerk defend him just because he was black is ing sad.

Cue Kool and Trill calling me a racist.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes you ing idiot you respond with lethal force when someone points a gun at you.
    But why didn't he shoot the gun out his hand?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dun understand, why couldn't the cop just have jumped out do a backflip spin kick and disarmed him like ninja style!?!

Yes I actually saw a similar comment like this in a news forum ear;ier and they were being serious. People watch to much TV Christ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video purporting to show the deceased pointing a handgun at the officer moments before he was shot.

It's grainy and hard to discern but, it doesn't look like his finger.
    Am i missing something?
    At what time frame does the coon pull the gun and the officer defend?

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am i missing something?
    Yeah, you're missing something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am i missing something?
    At the very end. The video ends just before the cop pulls the trigger but you see the guy start to walk away from the officer then turn around and raise his arm pointing something towards him. Watch it fullscreen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he was just asking the cop to smell his finger. Smell My Finger! Don't Shoot!

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the very end. The video ends just before the cop pulls the trigger but you see the guy start to walk away from the officer then turn around and raise his arm pointing something towards him. Watch it fullscreen.
    WTF. So in aiming it at the cop but not pulling the trigger he may have thought he was going to threaten the cop and (in his mind) the cop would not react?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what exactly are these protests trying to accomplish?

A lot of the quotes seem to be calling for even more expanded affirmative action.

I don't see how that isn't racist.

They are essentially saying that blacks and minorities are handicapped and can't compete on an even playing field.

Personally, I don't see it as a skin color thing. Maybe some of you guys do but I think it's bigger than that. Since the 60's we have created a self perpetuating multi-ethnic Great American Ghetto fueled by well meaning subsidies. It's like a genetic ambition killing disease passed down from generation to generation.

Feel free to discuss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what exactly are these protests trying to accomplish?

A lot of the quotes seem to be calling for even more expanded affirmative action.

I don't see how that isn't racist.

They are essentially saying that blacks and minorities are handicapped and can't compete on an even playing field.

Personally, I don't see it as a skin color thing. Maybe some of you guys do but I think it's bigger than that. Since the 60's we have created a self perpetuating multi-ethnic Great American Ghetto fueled by well meaning subsidies. It's like a genetic ambition killing disease passed down from generation to generation.

Feel free to discuss
    Reform to the conflict of interest in investigations regarding police. Repeal of the police bill of rights.

Those ghettos existed before the 1960s, ignoramus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reform to the conflict of interest in investigations regarding police. Repeal of the police bill of rights.

Those ghettos existed before the 1960s, ignoramus.
    that might be what some people on this forum are advocating, but much of the protestors are still going with the "hands up dont shoot" banter tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that might be what some people on this forum are advocating, but much of the protestors are still going with the "hands up dont shoot" banter tbh
    Plus the even larger" blacks don't have a chance against the system" message. I have heard that over and over.

And no, Fuzzy, the hopeless welfare ghettos did not exist in the US before the 60's. There was clearly voluntary or involuntary geographic segregation by race and/or immigrant origin and there has always been relative poverty in all races and communities but each had their own vibrant communities that supported entrepreneurship and upward mobility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus the even larger" blacks don't have a chance against the system" message. I have heard that over and over.

And no, Fuzzy, the hopeless welfare ghettos did not exist in the US before the 60's. There was clearly voluntary or involuntary geographic segregation by race and/or immigrant origin and there has always been relative poverty in all races and communities but each had their own vibrant communities that supported entrepreneurship and upward mobility.
    Racist

The White devil is holding them down. Just look at cops, why are they mostly White? Racism!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And exactly who have you heard this from? I know where you get your news from by this point but lets go ahead and hear it from yourself. I'm betting you have not spoken to a single protester on your own and at best have a Fox or similar news source's account as basis.

Further, the inner city racially/ethnically segregated urban squalor goes back to the 19th century. Specifically, with black folks immediately leading up to and following the civil war to be exact. The irish, italian, asian, etc immigrants also saw their own ghettos. You are attributing cause to something that existed beforehand. The difference that subsidization produced was electricity and running water. You are familiar with the slums in Mexico and the third world? That is what slums were like in the industrial era up into the new deal.

vibrant communities. naive old man. as if there are not any vibrant minority communities now.

The policy does not create welfare cycles. If not for subsidized housing we would end up like the third world again. Social mobility is much more difficult when there is no running water and waste disposal. Not to mention disease and the way things were prior to the Great Society in general. You get your medicare I guess that is good though, eh?

Now lets look at African social mobility following LBJ's Great Society and the beginning of the 'welfare state' and the scourge of the free rider as Hamiltonians are fond of pretending.

After 50 years, legal segregation is a distant memory, and race in America is not the unbridgeable chasm it once was. The country has a black president. The sort of comity that King evoked, in which the descendants of slaves and of slave owners “sit down together at the table of brotherhood”, can be found in many places, including the Deep South. The rate of marriage between blacks and whites is rising.

But America has not entered—as many hoped it would at the time of Barack Obama’s election—a “post-racial” phase. Blacks remain likelier than whites to lack jobs, be poor, get arrested and serve time in prison. Residential segregation of blacks from other races is declining, but still persists. After years of narrowing, the gap between black and white median income widened from 2000 and 2011, and the gap in household wealth is enormous. The work of the civil-rights era, it would seem, is not yet done. But the work has changed, and now it falls to different hands. The responsibility for ending segregation and repealing racist laws lay mainly with the government. Government’s role in narrowing the racial gaps that persist, though, is smaller and less clear.
    http://www.economist.com/news/briefi...ica-how-has-it

To me that indicates that following the application of the principles you are espousing here, in the Contract with America and the policies of Bush the lesser, social mobility out of your so called 'hopeless welfare ghettos' went down.

Now go vote in another tax break and enjoy your medicare, old man.
    Last edited by FuzzyLumpkins; 12-28-2014 at 01:05 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Racist

The White devil is holding them down. Just look at cops, why are they mostly White? Racism!
    I would say it is more of a class thing than a race thing. Wealthy minorities tend to be economic conservatives. OTOH though, a lot of poor and middle class white people like to pretend that policies that benefit the wealthy are in their best interest and wave their hands at race as basis for it. I have you pegged as one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say it is more of a class thing than a race thing. Wealthy minorities tend to be economic conservatives. OTOH though, a lot of poor and middle class white people like to pretend that policies that benefit the wealthy are in their best interest and wave their hands at race as basis for it. I have you pegged as one.
    Well, you'd be wrong. I'm neither rich nor White, but I do believe in equality. Something you may have believed in once, but have forgotten.

Asking a cop to not defend himself when he's being attacked by a huge thug isn't equality, it's monstrosity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I agree. There's a lot of class warfare, but who are the people that flame those fans? Obama and holder certainly don't help. Riots and destruction don't help. There are opportunities for obama, holder, and the protesters to help, but are they trying to help? I don't see it.
    Last edited by SupremeGuy; 12-28-2014 at 03:37 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I agree. There's a lot of class warfare, but who are the people that flame those fans? Obama and holder certainly don't help. Riots and destruction don't help. There are opportunities for obama, holder, and the protesters to help, but are they trying to help? I don't see it.
    if there weren't a Class War, any flaming would go nowhere.

You right-wingers, Fox, Repugs always blaming the victims as frauds, as having no case, as liars.

is no class warfare, it's the flamers

is no police brutality, it's the the thugs,

is no rape, the girls are lying.

is no poverty, it's lazy people who don't want to work.

etc, etc.

All excuses, LIES to maintain, defend the degradation of the 99% and victims.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if there weren't a Class War, any flaming would go nowhere.

You right-wingers, Fox, Repugs always blaming the victims as frauds, as having no case, as liars.

is no class warfare, it's the flamers

is no police brutality, it's the the thugs,

is no rape, the girls are lying.

is no poverty, it's lazy people who don't want to work.

etc, etc.

All excuses, LIES to maintain, defend the degradation of the 99% and victims.
    Wow.

You never told me in the other thread why you bothered coming back to the US, why did you?

Thread Information