Page 80 of 257 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 6404
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess perjury is bad for Democrats, but ok for Republicans.

Republicans accused of sexual assault or other creepy automatically didn't do it, and all the women are making it up.

Moore, Thomas, Trump, Kavanaugh. So many women just "making things up".

Let's see what the board conservatives had to say about the women accusing Fraken. My bet is that the hypocritical bull will be a tad thick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's flawed because he's a partisan s bag who claims presidents shouldn't be under investigation even though he was part of Ken Starr's team that went after Clinton. I have no idea if the sexual assault allegations are true or not but they wouldn't surprise me given his lack of character. I hope they completely derail his confirmation and force our Dear Leader to move on to someone else.
    Are you sure that's what he thinks? I'm not.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f4e0738e8f14

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Seriously? Now you're bothered by a Democrat's behavior?" -- Juanita Broaddrick

Seems like this woman wasn't making it up when she accused a Democrat, for this Republican. Metric holds true so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess perjury is bad for Democrats, but ok for Republicans.

Republicans accused of sexual assault or other creepy automatically didn't do it, and all the women are making it up.

Moore, Thomas, Trump, Kavanaugh. So many women just "making things up".

Let's see what the board conservatives had to say about the women accusing Fraken. My bet is that the hypocritical bull will be a tad thick.
    I thought Franken shouldn't have resigned. The thing he did with the pics was stupid for a grown man, but didn't rise to the level of any harassment. Trump's a ing cad, a bully, an asshole, a creep and allegedly not good in the sack. But we all knew all of this when he got elected, so the court of public opinion weighs in with a "we don't give a - we are buring the flipped apple cart." Moore is one of the creepiest sons of es I've read about recently, and the Republicans dodged a bullet with him not getting elected. Him being in Washington would have been gleeful target for Democrats. I watch Hill's testimony on Thomas, and I believe her. I watch Thomas's testimony defending himself, and I believe him. Without more evidence, in my mind, tie goes to the accused.

How about you, RG? Any comment on Ellison?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you should probably read the article you linked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet liberals are crying that we don't embrace the Islamic culture.

You think women get treated poorly in the US, at least Moore didn't throw acid in her face and mutilate her genitalia, or maybe even have all his brothers rape her and have her imprisoned and shot for being a .
    Oh here's a goody.

"she should be grateful it was just attempted rape, and not burning acid".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you should probably read the article you linked.
    Kavanaugh’s position in this article is different from saying the president can’t be indicted under existing law. If he thinks the law already bars an indictment of the sitting president, as some Democrats claim he does, why would he call on Congress to pass a law that shields the president from criminal charges?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would have been really stupid of him to claim he was a virgin if he wasn't.
    His wife was right next to him... smart move in a 4D chess match.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Franken shouldn't have resigned. The thing he did with the pics was stupid for a grown man, but didn't rise to the level of any harassment. Trump's a ing cad, a bully, an asshole, a creep and allegedly not good in the sack. But we all knew all of this when he got elected, so the court of public opinion weighs in with a "we don't give a - we are buring the flipped apple cart." Moore is one of the creepiest sons of es I've read about recently, and the Republicans dodged a bullet with him not getting elected. Him being in Washington would have been gleeful target for Democrats. I watch Hill's testimony on Thomas, and I believe her. I watch Thomas's testimony defending himself, and I believe him. Without more evidence, in my mind, tie goes to the accused.

How about you, RG? Any comment on Ellison?
    My general take on Franken mirrored your own.

As for any given woman, I am mindful most don't make up. That was what makes the metoo movement so powerful, IMO. They have found their voice, and rightfully so.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't talking about indicting, I was talking about investigations into a sitting president, which he seems to disagree with in your article. His change of heart is awful convenient after the Clinton investigation he was part of turned out to be the most complete nothingburger imaginable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash remains, Moore is supported for the Senate, but Dems have to resign?
    Solly Cholly! You picked the wrong team

Wow. Even morons like Chris understand the underlying subtext of when women are to be believed, and the politician should resign. Talk about oblivious.

holee e

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't talking about indicting, I was talking about investigations into a sitting president, which he seems to disagree with in your article. His change of heart is awful convenient after the Clinton investigation he was part of turned out to be the most complete nothingburger imaginable.
    He addresses the change of heart in the article. Basically he argues that if Clinton hadn't been worried about Paula ing Jones, he might have been able to focus on Osama Bin Laden. Also, this opinion/piece was written when Obama was early in his presidency (2009). It might very well be a dog whistle for Trump in choosing Kavanaugh - but it no way condemns Kavanaugh for baiting Trump into it. Just a political argument written by an legal scholar. You can disagree with it, but there is no ulterior motive involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing two Dems in a week. And for sexual harassment. That’s unfortunate.
    Detective Darrin on the case. No doubts about the women accusing Democrats here. Unfortunate that any politician might lose their job being held accountable for their actions, though.

Super easy to decide who to believe for Darrin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My general take on Franken mirrored your own.

As for any given woman, I am mindful most don't make up. That was what makes the metoo movement so powerful, IMO. They have found their voice, and rightfully so.
    The political actors involved don't need "most". They, literally, only need 1 (or 2). With the thousands whohave had interactions with or been in reasonable geographic proximity of Kavanaugh in the past 4 decades, not that tough a hurdle to leap. Also, I've noted both these women have "psychology" in their professional resumes and/or educational background. I have a strong bias against psych majors. They're all nuts. (have believed, and espoused that view, for over 30 years). I just need to be honest about my bigotry in this.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Even CNN ting on Avenatti

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The political actors involved don't need "most". They, literally, only need 1 (or 2). With the thousands whohave had interactions with or been in reasonable geographic proximity of Kavanaugh in the past 4 decades, not that tough a hurdle to leap. Also, I've noted both these women have "psychology" in their professional resumes and/or educational background. I have a strong bias against psych majors. They're all nuts. (have believed, and espoused that view, for over 30 years). I just need to be honest about my bigotry in this.
    Women who are willing to tell the truth don't because they are afraid of the consequences of having their lives destroyed or not being believed. That is what the evidence shows.

They often never report, or wait decades. That is what women telling the truth do.

They often can't remember everything outside of the single traumatic event. That is what women telling the truth do.

If the vast majority of women don't make it up, it is more than reasonable to generally accept any given account as likely true, barring some solid evidence that paints the woman as either solidly delusional or the kind of person who would.

Ford is credible on that basis, and has little motivation to lie.

Kavanaugh has at least as much motivation to lie as she does, more so, because it involves a felony, and he is up for a lifetime appointment to the pinnacle of the legal profession.

Who has more motivation to lie in this case?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    TSA goes full TSA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to be woke, son.
    that bastion of integrity the FBI.
    You went full Trump !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Women who are willing to tell the truth don't because they are afraid of the consequences of having their lives destroyed or not being believed. That is what the evidence shows.

They often never report, or wait decades. That is what women telling the truth do.

They often can't remember everything outside of the single traumatic event. That is what women telling the truth do.

If the vast majority of women don't make it up, it is more than reasonable to generally accept any given account as likely true, barring some solid evidence that paints the woman as either solidly delusional or the kind of person who would.

Ford is credible on that basis, and has little motivation to lie.

Kavanaugh has at least as much motivation to lie as she does, more so, because it involves a felony, and he is up for a lifetime appointment to the pinnacle of the legal profession.

Who has more motivation to lie in this case?
    Since when is "who has the most to gain by lying" been any type of metric? And who am I to judge motive?

As I've said before, the Left (present company possibly included I'm afraid) are hysterical about this nomination. "Coat Hanger Abortions" hang in the balance. The hyperbole has been extreme, and believed absolutely. I run in academic circles - they have swallowed the kool-aid. This woman (Ford) is now a hero to these people. What does she have to gain? I'm thinking a book, a speaking tour, and I'd be willing to bet a nice slot at the next presidential convention (bookmark this post). She is going to be an icon of the left for years. She lives in ing San Francisco! What does she have to lose? Not a damn thing. Have some perspective. Regardless, even if she was going to wear the scarlet letter for the rest of her life, and this was going to ruin her, the fact that there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE AND NO CORROBORATION cannot be ignored! It isn't even a he said/she said. It is a he and he and she said,/she said (30 years later, then changed her story 6 years after that.) Please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, a woman with a PhD in Psychology would certainly know how to frame a story to make it the most believable. She reads the literature.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Also, a woman with a PhD in Psychology would certainly know how to frame a story to make it the most believable. She reads the literature.
    Yep, she's doing it all for the death threats and security costs and general tiness of all Trump supporters.

You cracked the code!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there could be a whole stadium full of women abused by Kavanaugh in a couple of days...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, white male asshole criminalizing the white male's victim as masochisitic, self-hurting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when is "who has the most to gain by lying" been any type of metric? And who am I to judge motive?

As I've said before, the Left (present company possibly included I'm afraid) are hysterical about this nomination. "Coat Hanger Abortions" hang in the balance. The hyperbole has been extreme, and believed absolutely. I run in academic circles - they have swallowed the kool-aid. This woman (Ford) is now a hero to these people. What does she have to gain? I'm thinking a book, a speaking tour, and I'd be willing to bet a nice slot at the next presidential convention (bookmark this post). She is going to be an icon of the left for years. She lives in ing San Francisco! What does she have to lose? Not a damn thing. Have some perspective. Regardless, even if she was going to wear the scarlet letter for the rest of her life, and this was going to ruin her, the fact that there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE AND NO CORROBORATION cannot be ignored! It isn't even a he said/she said. It is a he and he and she said,/she said (30 years later, then changed her story 6 years after that.) Please.
    You might as well give up trying to reason with RG.

He is all in.

Because academic papers say 9 out of 10 accusations have seeds of truth she couldn't possibly be the 10/10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detective Darrin on the case. No doubts about the women accusing Democrats here. Unfortunate that any politician might lose their job being held accountable for their actions, though.

Super easy to decide who to believe for Darrin.

Well, there was phographic evidence, so...

Thread Information