Page 18 of 93 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are you ready to put your name on Blake being better than Primo? You keep Primo in your mouth….do you like him or love him?
    Hey there Miss Cleo!
    14 got the handle and speed to be the PG. only him and Tre as of now.
    Primo bless his heart needs to stand in the corner and make open shots. And try to guard someone. Maybe make a play every now and then. Depending on last years lotto and this years second rounder has not be fruitful at all.
    I will say that I root for the Jersey so I hope you spank me hard about Primo cause that means my beloved Silver and Black are doing OK.
    As of now it’s wasted pick.
    Take some Mydol and try again tomorrow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey there Miss Cleo!
    14 got the handle and speed to be the PG. only him and Tre as of now.
    Primo bless his heart needs to stand in the corner and make open shots. And try to guard someone. Maybe make a play every now and then. Depending on last years lotto and this years second rounder has not be fruitful at all.
    I will say that I root for the Jersey so I hope you spank me hard about Primo cause that means my beloved Silver and Black are doing OK.
    As of now it’s wasted pick.
    Take some Mydol and try again tomorrow.
    Don’t be a coward homie put that name on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    love the Michael Strahan comparison by Russ

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs don't sign anyone or do any trades, can they just keep the cap space in case any teams want to make a big trade during the regular season and need a team such as the Spurs to help facilitate? Does the salary floor have to be reached before the start of the season or just by the end of the season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs don't sign anyone or do any trades, can they just keep the cap space in case any teams want to make a big trade during the regular season and need a team such as the Spurs to help facilitate? Does the salary floor have to be reached before the start of the season or just by the end of the season?
    They don't have to reach the salary floor at all. If it isn't met, they just pay the short amount to the players on the team. So like a bonus for them. So yes, they can carry the space until they find a need to use it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't have to reach the salary floor at all. If it isn't met, they just pay the short amount to the players on the team. So like a bonus for them. So yes, they can carry the space until they find a need to use it.
    Thanks. So this wouldn't be done until the end of the season, right? So they could keep the space the whole season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. So this wouldn't be done until the end of the season, right? So they could keep the space the whole season?

Yes, the final accounting is done at the end of the season, because it isn’t until then that they have all the numbers.

So yes, the cap space can be there all year, for use at any time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook on the Spurs next year will make the DeRozan acquisition seem like we got Prime Jordan with DeRozan.

But if anyone can feel they have can rehabilitate a player, it's coach Gregg. Good times ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook on the Spurs next year will make the DeRozan acquisition seem like we got Prime Jordan with DeRozan.

But if anyone can feel they have can rehabilitate a player, it's coach Gregg. Good times ahead.
    Why are people not understanding this?

RUSSELL WESTBROOK WILL NEVER PUT ON A SPURS UNI, NOR PLAY ONE MINUTE.

They’ll trade for him for the accompanying unprotected FRP and because we need to spend a certain amount of salary. They have no interest in Russell Westbrook, the current player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is one FRP worth 30M? to the naw.. 2 or no deal. And that sounds like it's gonna be impossible for the Lakers to do and get Kyrie with other assets, so tough nipples, Vern

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is one FRP worth 30M? to the naw.. 2 or no deal. And that sounds like it's gonna be impossible for the Lakers to do and get Kyrie with other assets, so tough nipples, Vern
    not if it's an unprotected pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a bad rep to take on for a franchise that already struggles with FAs. Russ could just become a problem child, report, and get fully paid anyway, and be a giant pain in the ass. Just waive him, and move on. We need most of his salary to make minimum payroll anyway.
    Now that’s after the fact, and could be more of salvaging a failure to rent the cap space more ideal. I don’t think there was the intention of it being Westbrook who they will potentially rent the space to, and especially not to the old rival Lakers, moreover with very little assets to give in return. I don’t know if there’s failure on BW not facilitating other deals, and now forced with either renting to the Lakers or make minimum salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that’s after the fact, and could be more of salvaging a failure to rent the cap space more ideal. I don’t think there was the intention of it being Westbrook who they will potentially rent the space to, and especially not to the old rival Lakers, moreover with very little assets to give in return. I don’t know if there’s failure on BW not facilitating other deals, and now forced with either renting to the Lakers or make minimum salary.
    What other cap space rental deals have happened since the end of the moratorium? I haven’t heard of any. I know that Phoenix wants to get off of $10-15M to avoid the tax. There will also be teams who don’t look like they’ll make the playoffs at the trade deadline who won’t want to pay the tax. There are lots of shoppers for cap space, and few sellers, and we’re not on any kind of clock. We could carry it all the way to next draft day. There’s no hurry. None at all. We’re waiting on LA to throw the unprotected FRP into the pot, and they won’t do that quickly, but there is no other comparable asset waiting for us amongst cap space renters.

It’s a very delicate game of poker. LA is trying to bluff, but they don’t have the cards.
    Last edited by exstatic; 07-19-2022 at 05:34 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the end I think the Flakers give up 1 unprotected first and 2 seconds probably the 2027 to the Nets..........and 1 unprotected first and 1 second round pick to the Spurs starting in 2029

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the end I think the Flakers give up 1 unprotected first and 2 seconds probably the 2027 to the Nets..........and 1 unprotected first and 1 second round pick to the Spurs starting in 2029
    Sounds terrible, but whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people not understanding this?

RUSSELL WESTBROOK WILL NEVER PUT ON A SPURS UNI, NOR PLAY ONE MINUTE.

They’ll trade for him for the accompanying unprotected FRP and because we need to spend a certain amount of salary. They have no interest in Russell Westbrook, the current player.
    I love how you say this with such confidence and that anyone who suggests otherwise must be a moron (much like you did about the signing timeline of Doug, which you were wrong about) - when it is entirely within the range of possibilities for Pop to want to keep Russ and make a push for the 10th seed.

With that said, buying him out is obviously the right move. In many respects, being in a rebuild could give us leverage in a buy-out situation. Russ may take a lower buy-out just to get out of here and go sign the MLE with a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey in my basketball GM Spurs rebuild Primo, Branham and Wembanyama were the Spurs big 3 with Primo making multiple All-Star selections and winning 2 les. I even had to retire his jersey, so who knows
    Had never heard of Basketball GM until now, checked out and thought it was pretty cool... but then I was able to trade DJM for Steph, Poole, Kuminga and a 1st rounder and decided it wasn't worth my time anymore. Nets also offered KD, Kyrie and Ben for DJM, but we couldn't make the salary cap work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop look at Westbrook might die of a heartache watching his sorry play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had never heard of Basketball GM until now, checked out and thought it was pretty cool... but then I was able to trade DJM for Steph, Poole, Kuminga and a 1st rounder and decided it wasn't worth my time anymore. Nets also offered KD, Kyrie and Ben for DJM, but we couldn't make the salary cap work
    depends on which difficulty you play on. Also players decline early at 27-28

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those who want Pop to retire, having to coach Westbrook would likely make it happen. Lol. I think it would be a disaster but amusing, so I’m on the fence. Russ at power forward? Sounds great. If we could get an unprotected first round pick or more, and get rid of McDermott, then I think it’s worth looking into.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those who want Pop to retire, having to coach Westbrook would likely make it happen. Lol. I think it would be a disaster but amusing, so I’m on the fence. Russ at power forward? Sounds great. If we could get an unprotected first round pick or more, and get rid of McDermott, then I think it’s worth looking into.
    He really is the perfect tank commander.

For all the hate Russ takes he would probably embrace the role in San Antonio, working with Pop, getting 25 ahots a game and being the young OG. Doubt he ever plays a game for us if the trade did go down however.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not digging the glasses.
    Drop a broad rim.

Go large or go not at all.

The wire frames are not cool and have not been since when they were cool and then they were still not cool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not digging the glasses.
    Drop a broad rim.

Go large or go not at all.

The wire frames are not cool and have not been since when they were cool and then they were still not cool.
    when you are truly cool you dictate style rather than take it. look at his mom style black sweater. He knows what he's doing. euro's have different styles too.

on another point, with primo being so so this summer and haivng a meh perosnality, i wonder if they are going to push sochan as the head of the team. He's got charisma and weirdness which rubs off pretty well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when you are truly cool you dictate style rather than take it. look at his mom style black sweater. He knows what he's doing. euro's have different styles too.

on another point, with primo being so so this summer and haivng a meh perosnality, i wonder if they are going to push sochan as the head of the team. He's got charisma and weirdness which rubs off pretty well
    You have a good point.
    I may not like it, but that's just me.
    You do you and let it be.

Props bubba. Thanks for the perspective.

Thread Information