Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake is doing that sticking he leg out when jump shooting he needs to correct that or he is going to get another injury
    Players purposely extend their leg to foulbait though

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait for Blake to get back to the big club. This team needs some at ude and self-confidence so badly. And not like fake IG confidence, but real self-assuredness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait for Blake to get back to the big club. This team needs some at ude and self-confidence so badly. And not like fake IG confidence, but real self-assuredness.
    You want us to win? Because I’d just as soon he stay in Austin for a month or so.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake is doing that sticking he leg out when jump shooting he needs to correct that or he is going to get another injury
    Didn't Dejounte do the same thing? And wasn't it gone by the time he came back from the torn ACL?

I'm basing this on memory so I might be way off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somewhat torn on that- really like to see him in the bigs- but long term may be best to stay in Austin a while. He's got talents that can't be taught- but definitely has holes in his game that can be potentially corrected.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want us to win? Because I’d just as soon he stay in Austin for a month or so.
    Our guys can't rebound or defend. Tim wouldn't win. It's more about just seeing him get some burn and seeing someone with some moxie, even as we lose.

Somewhat torn on that- really like to see him in the bigs- but long term may be best to stay in Austin a while. He's got talents that can't be taught- but definitely has holes in his game that can be potentially corrected.
    He's like ten years old. I'd watch him play out his mistakes in San Antonio, but the arguments to leave him in Austin are fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://sports.yahoo.com/spurs-rooki...175941008.html

Wesley produced 19 points, three assists, two steals and one blocked shot in the 127-107 loss at the G League Winter Showcase in Las Vegas, Nevada. He went 5-of-16 from the field and 5-of-6 from the free-throw line in 24 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great to see him back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his shooting efficiency has been ridiculously poor, but at least with the big boys he wont be asked to play that kind of role to be the do-it-all guy on offense. i love that they see him as a PG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his shooting efficiency has been ridiculously poor, but at least with the big boys he wont be asked to play that kind of role to be the do-it-all guy on offense. i love that they see him as a PG
    It's the reason why many teams shied away from him. A lot of it is shot selection -- knowing what is a good shot or not -- but he's also erratic in his release. He rarely shoots the same way every time.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor form. Poor touch. But I do really want him to succeed. I like his at ude and hope he can make it work. He has a lot of great traits.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he has the right at ude and he has elite athleticism he just needs to work on the basics one of the things he definitely needs to stop is kicking his one leg out when jump shooting. He is a raw player but definitely the type of player you want to put time in investing in

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple things I noticed after watching him play and some of the takes here seem a bit off.

I think he has decent touch in and around the basket just not good shooting mechanics or a good shooter.

I don’t think he’s an elite athlete but he has elite intangibles and potentially elite defense.

Kinda seems a little bit more athletic than say Magic Johnson who was arguably more athletic than he looked. Size and PG mind frame seem good in that same regard.

He doesn’t need to be a good shooter. Just a serviceable one. He could be a better version of Ben Simmons and as of right now he’s not afraid to shoot like Ben is.

He could be a game changer while only averaging 12-14. In 2 years we’ll see a significantly better shooter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if you surrounded him with some shooters he would be very good he has the ability to beat his man sometimes pretty easily so if you do not clog the paint he can easily do damage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple things I noticed after watching him play and some of the takes here seem a bit off.

I think he has decent touch in and around the basket just not good shooting mechanics or a good shooter.

I don’t think he’s an elite athlete but he has elite intangibles and potentially elite defense.

Kinda seems a little bit more athletic than say Magic Johnson who was arguably more athletic than he looked. Size and PG mind frame seem good in that same regard.

He doesn’t need to be a good shooter. Just a serviceable one. He could be a better version of Ben Simmons and as of right now he’s not afraid to shoot like Ben is.

He could be a game changer while only averaging 12-14. In 2 years we’ll see a significantly better shooter.
    He'll definitely be a vastly better shooter than Ben Simmons, who isn't even close to serviceable. Wesley has a lot of capacity and could become a good to very good shooter.

He is an elite athlete as far as burst and speed goes -- he quite easily blows by players. He does not have elite vertical pop, which is what people sometimes think is the only aspect of athleticism. He could be one of the fastest players in the league, potentially.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll definitely be a vastly better shooter than Ben Simmons, who isn't even close to serviceable. Wesley has a lot of capacity and could become a good to very good shooter.

He is an elite athlete as far as burst and speed goes -- he quite easily blows by players. He does not have elite vertical pop, which is what people sometimes think is the only aspect of athleticism. He could be one of the fastest players in the league, potentially.
    So, from an athleticism standpoint, sort of like Parker? Great horizontally, average vertically?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, from an athleticism standpoint, sort of like Parker? Great horizontally, average vertically?
    I was going to mention Parker. They're a bit different in their speed, but yeah. In fact, Sochan's athleticism is sort of horizontal more than vertical, too. I'd say Sochan has great lateral and sorta omni-lateral movement and shifting. From what I've seen, Wesley is sort of bull-ahead without a lot of swivel (yet), but has elite burst and stride. Parker was sort of more controlled and circuitous in his open-court quickness and sort of did it from a standstill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was going to mention Parker. They're a bit different in their speed, but yeah. In fact, Sochan's athleticism is sort of horizontal more than vertical, too. I'd say Sochan has great lateral and sorta omni-lateral movement and shifting. From what I've seen, Wesley is sort of bull-ahead without a lot of swivel (yet), but has elite burst and stride. Parker was sort of more controlled and circuitous in his open-court quickness and sort of did it from a standstill.
    word of the day

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some good thoughts here. To clarify my point, his shooting form is awkward, including his stance. Lacks vertical pop which could be why he appears to have challenges at the rim, going back to college, which is what I simplified into “poor touch”.

But long arms, great instincts, gets in passing lanes, already showing good pnr and passing IQ. Tenacious. If he and Sochan both figure out their jump shots, they will be a great part of our future, at least for their infectious energy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some good thoughts here. To clarify my point, his shooting form is awkward, including his stance. Lacks vertical pop which could be why he appears to have challenges at the rim, going back to college, which is what I simplified into “poor touch”.

But long arms, great instincts, gets in passing lanes, already showing good pnr and passing IQ. Tenacious. If he and Sochan both figure out their jump shots, they will be a great part of our future, at least for their infectious energy.
    Some video around draft time from a guy much smarter than me pointed out a major reason why Wesley is so bad around the rim -- he takes off way too soon. It's true, you see it all the time. He takes off and glides toward the hoop. If there's any resistance, he's already under the rim and easily gets swatted.

Solutions include: recognizing when shotblockers are coming over, learn to create contact for fouls, learn to take off much closer to the rim so he doesn't lose elevation, or most likely start learning a floater. If he doesn't take off too soon/distant, he has a lot more options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thoughts too. With all three of our first round picks showing some good promise, this team might win a lot of games down the stretch when other coaches and players have thrown in the towel. Play-in tournament in here we come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thoughts too. With all three of our first round picks showing some good promise, this team might win a lot of games down the stretch when other coaches and players have thrown in the towel. Play-in tournament in here we come.
    To me it's inevitable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me it's inevitable.
    Like 10 days ago, we had the 4th worst NBA net rating of all time. We could go all in, up our draft position some, but there is no way in we make the play in. Pop continues to hold out players for untied shoelaces, or a hang nail. The tank is on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like 10 days ago, we had the 4th worst NBA net rating of all time. We could go all in, up our draft position some, but there is no way in we make the play in. Pop continues to hold out players for untied shoelaces, or a hang nail. The tank is on.
    Yeah, I kind of believe there's a secret sabotage going on. But I don't know if they'll super-tank like some teams will. I don't think the Spurs are as ty as they were in that bad patch, but then there was a lot of su ious DNPs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    25 10-16 2-2 0-0 6 3 9 3 1 1 2 4 -6 22
    28 4-14 0-4 1-1 2 7 9 2 0 1 0 3 -11 10
    26 2-9 0-2 1-1 4 11 15 2 0 1 2 2 -10 6
    25 4-9 3-5 0-0 1 2 3 1 0 0 4 4 +1 11
    22 5-15 2-6 1-1 0 1 1 2 1 1 0 1 -4 13

Wesley 5-15, 2-6 from 3; 13 points currently

Herd vs. Spurs - NBA G League Box Score - December 21, 2022 | ESPN

Thread Information