Haha somone pls post the Abe Simpson gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha somone pls post the Abe Simpson gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to fking go. I miss 90’s basketball also Coach Pop. 12mm a year for this.

He is Tony D’Amato sans Willie Beamen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ironic post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you know he's right. I'm sick of watching soft bodies jack 3s off screens all game. I'm sick of watching a 2-3 possession game blow up to a 16 point lead in the blink of an eye.

lol he needs to go but I miss 90s ball too lol ins't that basically what pop is saying here? 90s ball was when 3s were just another aspect of the game not the whole strategy taking over the game.

lol he's not wrong and I agree with him but he still needs to go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The old man wants to go back to '99 ball....leave him alone

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just be thankful you had him……..everyone has an expiration date!

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of factors for how the game has gotten off track, but I think most of it is due to refereeing priorities, which is 100% related to the league office and how they’re trying to force the game in different directions. NBA players get exposed in international ball when they have to play with actual referees who don’t give a about their star system. Yes, players are faster and more skilled than ever (though oblivious to team play) and the court feels smaller, but by forcing the game into flopping and perimeter touch fouls, we get this. In my opinion. Curious how others see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millennials snowflaking again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millennials snowflaking again
    old heads triggered, can’t accept they’re getting older and nostalgia has become their cure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you know he's right. I'm sick of watching soft bodies jack 3s off screens all game. I'm sick of watching a 2-3 possession game blow up to a 16 point lead in the blink of an eye.

lol he needs to go but I miss 90s ball too lol ins't that basically what pop is saying here? 90s ball was when 3s were just another aspect of the game not the whole strategy taking over the game.

lol he's not wrong and I agree with him but he still needs to go

Nobody misses the 90/ iso and ugly 2 point chucking tbh
    or the ty overrated defense from traffic cones like Majerle or roster spots given to grocery baggers like John Starks (an actual grocery bagger) thanks to the NBA expansion food stamps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offensive highlights sell tickets, sell video games, jersy’s. That’s NBA. I hate Doncic, but he’s right. It is so much easier to score in the NBA than in Euroleague. And come international games, expect USA team to lose without a KD to bail them out. Who’s next? Ja? He’s gonna get clobbered if he tries without the defensive 3 to help clear the lane from big men. That is what Pop is saying. NBA basketball is becoming video games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least its a take related to his vocation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least its a take related to his vocation.
    haha you just started ST’s next hottest thread!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have hated on all the rule changes and the 3 ball was just icing on the cake - To me its just like watching a much better WNBA product. Lets go back were big men were relevant and the crowds would go crazy on the dunks the game is so soft let them play defense and stop with all these ticky tack fouls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have hated on all the rule changes and the 3 ball was just icing on the cake - To me its just like watching a much better WNBA product. Lets go back were big men were relevant and the crowds would go crazy on the dunks the game is so soft let them play defense and stop with all these ticky tack fouls
    game wasn’t really tough back then, there are still exciting dunks today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    game wasn’t really tough back then, there are still exciting dunks today
    More dunks today by little men because of big men late to recover due to defensive 3. That’s why Starks’ dunking on Horace Grant/MJ, or Kevin on The Dream were memorable because they were rare.
    Last edited by John B; 01-07-2023 at 01:12 PM.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offensive highlights sell tickets, sell video games, jersy’s. That’s NBA. I hate Doncic, but he’s right. It is so much easier to score in the NBA than in Euroleague. And come international games, expect USA team to lose without a KD to bail them out. Who’s next? Ja? He’s gonna get clobbered if he tries without the defensive 3 to help clear the lane from big men. That is what Pop is saying. NBA basketball is becoming video games.
    The league is obsessed with money not basketball. Defense is part of basketball DNA but it doesn’t pad the bottom line.

I wish there was enough integrity to protect the game but that’s just not the world we live in.

A compromise would have been nice but we live in a timeline where no one compromises when it comes to money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league is obsessed with money not basketball. Defense is part of basketball DNA but it doesn’t pad the bottom line.

I wish there was enough integrity to protect the game but that’s just not the world we live in.

A compromise would have been nice but we live in a timeline where no one compromises when it comes to money.
    Money talks and regretably affects the game itself, making it more video game-like. It’s like highlight reels after another, more because of less defense.

Spurs were notoriously boring during Spurs twin tower, and that Finals arguably had the worst TV ratings. That’s what it is in a nuts . Back then Spurs averaged in the 80’s, now 110?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More dunks today by little men because of big men late to recover due to defensive 3. That’s why Starks’ dunking on Horace Grant/MJ, or Kevin on The Dream were memorable because they were rare.
    they were rare because the talent pool from top to bottom wasn’t great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Money talks and regretably affects the game itself, making it more video game-like. It’s like highlight reels after another, more because of less defense.

Spurs were notoriously boring during Spurs twin tower, and that Finals arguably had the worst TV ratings. That’s what it is in a nuts . Back then Spurs averaged in the 80’s, now 110?
    so the 1980s NBA was cideo game like too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they were rare because the talent pool from top to bottom wasn’t great
    Now that’s another thread

But so you believe it’s not because of less defense now? Bruh I like for Ja to try and dunk on the Bad Boys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    old heads triggered, can’t accept they’re getting older and nostalgia has become their cure
    passing up wide open layups for threes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    back in ths 90s everyone wanted to be like DK, ball hog and not pass the ball

now everyone wanna be like curry, chuck up 3s...

remove the 3pt line, u still have chumps chucking up from long distance

remember back then there was no green light to chuck 3s cause they were considered low % shots, even the efficient/sharp shooters never got the green light to chuck like that

Thread Information