Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    UT need to improve its due diligence - most of the coaching selections made by UT Men's Athletics in the last decade have been abject failures.
    How could anyone have seen this coming?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UT need to improve its due diligence - most of the coaching selections made by UT Men's Athletics in the last decade have been abject failures.
    sarkisian is an alcoholic.
    Hes been clean for a good amount of time but if he fell back in it’s another failure.
    Except if stays clean and starts winning and brings UT back to compe ive within the SEC.
    Anyone want to make a call on Sarkisian right now?

Our swimming and Womens volleyball have been outstanding for years. Looks like UT made a good hire in Baseball.
    Softball got very good with a coach that has a bad temper. We won the trophy for the best athletics despite football going 5-7 and probably win it again this year. So on the mens side football it is the sticking point and all that matters. Hard to understand. Maybe too much booster interference, which with the NIL is at least partially a good thing. Looking back on it now that college football is semipro football, Sabin would have been a great hire. The Austin press would not have been kind to Sabin though, not like small towns in the south. Strong and Herman look like bad hires for different reasons. But as of right now, Herman got things going quicker than Sark.

Aside: Starting football players dealing weed with handguns at the ready at a park with kids will be made public. So that would be a problem for some coaches who want stories squashed. (Sabin)
    Btw… anyone who saw Harbaugh wanting to get out of Michigan, then getting rejected, come moping back, and then getting outstanding teams together without these top 5 classes every year give a shout out. That was absolutely out of nowhere success when you look back on the horrible Michigan teams he had. ?? Tough gig.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-17-2022 at 03:46 PM.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    texas without beard looks like a rodney terry fresno st team............texas is sec now beard will be cleared when the charges drop he will be back

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    this is untrue.........cdc the new ad has hired 6 coaches at texas.......all have either won a le played in the championship or reached the top 3 in polls....... cdc wanted to hire sonny dikes who reached the playoff in his first year but was overruled for sarkisian.......cdc does not miss with his coaching hires.......

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    sarkisian is an alcoholic.
    Hes been clean for a good amount of time but if he fell back in it’s another failure.
    Except if stays clean and starts winning and brings UT back to compe ive within the SEC.
    Anyone want to make a call on Sarkisian right now?

Our swimming and Womens volleyball have been outstanding for years. Looks like UT made a good hire in Baseball.
    Softball got very good with a coach that has a bad temper. We won the trophy for the best athletics despite football going 5-7 and probably win it again this year. So on the mens side football it is the sticking point and all that matters. Hard to understand. Maybe too much booster interference, which with the NIL is at least partially a good thing. Looking back on it now that college football is semipro football, Sabin would have been a great hire. The Austin press would not have been kind to Sabin though, not like small towns in the south. Strong and Herman look like bad hires for different reasons. But as of right now, Herman got things going quicker than Sark.

Aside: Starting football players dealing weed with handguns at the ready at a park with kids will be made public. So that would be a problem for some coaches who want stories squashed. (Sabin)
    Btw… anyone who saw Harbaugh wanting to get out of Michigan, then getting rejected, come moping back, and then getting outstanding teams together without these top 5 classes every year give a shout out. That was absolutely out of nowhere success when you look back on the horrible Michigan teams he had. ?? Tough gig.

I don't know how Harbaugh does it in terms of motivation, X's and O's etc but this isn't super hard to believe what he's doing. He's turned mediocre teams into elite contenders almost overnight at every level he's been. U. of San Diego had back to back 11-1 seasons when he took over and became an elite FCS team, turned Stanford into a legitimate championship contender out of nowhere, and resurrected/brought the 49ers on the doorstep of a Super Bowl win (arguably in multiple years) after they were irrelevant for 20 years w/o an elite quarterback.

It's honestly no surprise to me at all what he's done with Michigan. He's the only coach I know of that can seemingly build powerhouses quickly at any level against the conventional odds. I think he's extremely underrated tbh if he was able to win a le with the 49ers, followed by this run at Michigan, I'd consider him a Top 5 coach of all time imho

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't know how Harbaugh does it in terms of motivation, X's and O's etc but this isn't super hard to believe what he's doing. He's turned mediocre teams into elite contenders almost overnight at every level he's been. U. of San Diego had back to back 11-1 seasons when he took over and became an elite FCS team, turned Stanford into a legitimate championship contender out of nowhere, and resurrected/brought the 49ers on the doorstep of a Super Bowl win (arguably in multiple years) after they were irrelevant for 20 years w/o an elite quarterback.

It's honestly no surprise to me at all what he's done with Michigan. He's the only coach I know of that can seemingly build powerhouses quickly at any level against the conventional odds. I think he's extremely underrated tbh if he was able to win a le with the 49ers, followed by this run at Michigan, I'd consider him a Top 5 coach of all time imho
    The thing is wft happened.
    He WAS horrible at Michigan, absolutely horrible.
    He gets rejected from other jobs as he tries to slink away from Ann Arbor and they are not sad he is going. He comes back at a cheap price after pulling this and then has produced huge winners two years straight... how? How does this happen? He WAS absolutely awful.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The thing is wft happened.
    He WAS horrible at Michigan, absolutely horrible.
    He gets rejected from other jobs as he tries to slink away from Ann Arbor and they are not sad he is going. He comes back at a cheap price after pulling this and then has produced huge winners two years straight... how? How does this happen? He WAS absolutely awful.
    Awful? He still improved the program overnight imho just took longer to get them to national championship contender status then previous places he had been. Can't say why other than the fact that maybe it just took more time to change the culture considering Ohio St has dominated the conference for almost the last 15 years. I'm not surprised that he wasn't exactly a hot commodity when he did try to leave though, from what I understand, he's always been a 'couple of eggs short a dozen' in the head and can wear out his welcome pretty quick when not winning. As soon as things began to take even the slightest nosedive, he's the same guy who got tossed out of San Francisco immediately right after he led them to the doorstep of the Super Bowl three years in a row. Besides obviously not winning a championship, the lack of longevity at any place he's been has hurt his resume as well imho

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Awful? He still improved the program overnight imho just took longer to get them to national championship contender status then previous places he had been. Can't say why other than the fact that maybe it just took more time to change the culture considering Ohio St has dominated the conference for almost the last 15 years. I'm not surprised that he wasn't exactly a hot commodity when he did try to leave though, from what I understand, he's always been a 'couple of eggs short a dozen' in the head and can wear out his welcome pretty quick when not winning. As soon as things began to take even the slightest nosedive, he's the same guy who got tossed out of San Francisco immediately right after he led them to the doorstep of the Super Bowl three years in a row. Besides obviously not winning a championship, the lack of longevity at any place he's been has hurt his resume as well imho
    He was brought in to beat Ohio St.
    Not only could he not do that he had trouble winning all conference games outside of Ohio ST.
    Ohio ST. just dominated them, even when they had a chance to win the big 10.
    His last (Covid season) he is 2-4 and basically walks away looking to get the out.
    He cant find a job, takes a pay cut to finish up at Michigan, and then has a thrilling season and absolutely drills Ohio ST. just physically dominating them. After he says no more, I cant do this?

So my question is still wtf happened? He destroyed Ohio St. after leaving and getting sent back. And the recruiting immediately after coming back was wacked. If he was not an alum he never would have been given such a long leash imo to accomplish what I think is amazing. Because they just routed Ohio ST. twice in physicality. Never could do it before. 6 seasons of getting kicked around.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Crap I completely forgot.
    Did Harbaugh go deep into the portal and get some really good players?
    I did not keep track of this.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    marcus carr 40 points first half...........

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    marcus carr 40 points first half...........
    Yeah the only longhorn that choked here was Beard

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I was just thinking about prospective employers and interviewing employees.
    UT gets to ask Beard before hiring him how many times he and his fiancé have violent scraps that are serious enough that the police intervene? How deeply can an ins ution vet a prospective employee? Interview Beard’s “in-laws” to find out what the rules of combat sports in that household are?

“Chris. Do you two have a therapist who can arrive at your house before you start biting and choking each other?”

At Beard’s next interview: “How is the MMA practice going? Anything resolved? You won’t get the police involved, correct? And she really does not get beaten up, she attacks you, correct?”

Fly on the wall would be interesting while UT’s attorneys, Beards counsel, and Travis County DA have their discussions.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-31-2022 at 01:15 PM.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    tech loses by 34 to isu.......mark adams Blake

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    tech loses by 34 to isu.......mark adams Blake
    Lol. Adams was talking about how the team was turnover prone before the season started. Then the injuries piled up. Just not Tech's year.

Hey I heard Beard is available tho

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yep, they should have beat the horns

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yep, they should have beat the horns
    TCU and Oklahoma as well.
    Even West Va had to miss all the important FT during very critical times.
    Hardly any games are easy. Except TCU blowing out Kansas?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    " The Big 12 has the highest average rating using the Men's College Basketball Power Index (BPI) of any conference at 11.

The weakest team, Texas Tech, has a BPI (how many points above or below average a team is) of 9, higher than the average of the second-ranked Big Ten (8.5)....

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...etball-2022-23

Just that kind of year. Tech also has a load of injuries and they're too young, turnover prone and freak out when they need a bucket with seconds left to go

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That dude who had some success there but choked his girl a bit is ready to return

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    That dude who had some success there but choked his girl a bit is ready to return
    Hey maybe Tech sticks it's neck out on that one

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Cynically I was thinking UTSA could really jump on the Beard rehab train if his star has fallen enough. That could fast track the school's plans for a new practice facility and some success could accelerate the development of an on-campus arena. He will probably have better, even P5, options.

Post Count
    I'm not convinced that UTSA would or that it even should hire him if it could given why he was just fired by UT.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I'm not convinced that UTSA would or that it even should hire him if it could given why he was just fired by UT.
    I don't think it's likely. Beard would have to actually show contrition and do the work first which is the least likely thing to happen.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    charges against chris beard officially dropped.........soy boys in the admin got him fired for defending himself........we are sec now he shouldve never been fired.......all the lefty admin holding sports back need to be eviscerated from the university of texas...........

Thread Information