Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Run it back. Spurs will likely play better than they did on Wednesday. Hope the Nuggs show up and take this one too.

Fire up the tank!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC sat their entire starting lineup in yesterday’s game. They’re going full-on tank mode. Wish we would do the same tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point
    Go Nugs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC sat their entire starting lineup in yesterday’s game. They’re going full-on tank mode. Wish we would do the same tbh.

sitting our SL would make not much sense ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will keep it relatively close until mid 3rd.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Run it back. Spurs will likely play better than they did on Wednesday. Hope the Nuggs show up and take this one too.

Fire up the tank!

You've got wrong personnel on the tank!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Didn't Hinkie get fired for this ?

Like, we all know teams tank...but the Thunder are making it blatantly obvious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to be in with the tanking, but I think the Spurs will bounce back for this game. Spurs by 7pts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even know what OKCs end game is though. Like what is their plan? They have too many picks

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sitting our SL would make not much sense ...
    exactly, if we want to make sure we lose while fooling spurs casuals into thinking we're trying to win, we stick with the 'stubborn ol pop' schtick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even know what OKCs end game is though. Like what is their plan? They have too many picks
    Apparently step 1 is getting a high draft pick to bring in a star level talent.

Step 2 will be either using their other 117 picks to fill out the team, or trading them to bring in a sidekick.

Not the worst strategy in the world, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The end game is obvious, championship. I don't think their plan is all that mysterious whatsoever, tbh. They've consolidated a war chest trove of assets, and are able to trade for virtually any player they'd like to, especially on draft nights. I don't think they have a particular set-in-stone strategy, just because the NBA market is so rapidly fluctuating, but I expect them to be very active around the draft, and on draft night. OKC already has a stud in SGA, and has a good few years to draft players to build around him.

As for this season in particular, it's clear they're trying to tank, though I don't think they expected their current team to be so low-key compe ive. They've won more games than they projected to, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly, if we want to make sure we lose while fooling spurs casuals into thinking we're trying to win, we stick with the 'stubborn ol pop' schtick
    I was telling another user about this the other day. Casuals are much, much more likely to at least tune in to a Spurs game featuring well-known players like DeRozan, and maybe Gay and Mills. They're absolute trash, but casuals don't give a about that and will chalk it up to the other teams being better or the Spurs' young players being to blame. Nobody (except for SpursTalk posters maybe) would tune in to the Spurs if they featured an all-younging lineup, sadly...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The end game is obvious, championship. I don't think their plan is all that mysterious whatsoever, tbh. They've consolidated a war chest trove of assets, and are able to trade for virtually any player they'd like to, especially on draft nights. I don't think they have a particular set-in-stone strategy, just because the NBA market is so rapidly fluctuating, but I expect them to be very active around the draft, and on draft night. OKC already has a stud in SGA, and has a good few years to draft players to build around him.

As for this season in particular, it's clear they're trying to tank, though I don't think they expected their current team to be so low-key compe ive. They've won more games than they projected to, IMO.
    And yet OKC managed to win 3 times over the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet OKC managed to win 3 times over the Spurs
    Wait, did we really lose 3 games against OKC this season? Damn, when the losses start piling up it gets really murky to remember each one of them... I'd say that's truly embarrassing, but considering the last few games, the bar for "truly embarrassing" is a bit higher than that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, did we really lose 3 games against OKC this season? Damn, when the losses start piling up it gets really murky to remember each one of them... I'd say that's truly embarrassing, but considering the last few games, the bar for "truly embarrassing" is a bit higher than that
    Who knows if Spurs are tanking for sure? But if they are, I just wish they go full tank and try to get a top 5 player. I mean they have every excuse to lose games, Aldridge jumped ship, Demar's antiquated game, injuries, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I get that part. But I am saying realistically who can they trade for that will stay? What superstar player is out there that is unhappy with their team? Lebron, AD, KD, Steph, Harden, Kyrie, Luka, Giannis, Zion, Kawhi, Jokic Dame, Mitc , Embiid. None of these guys are going to want out

Possibly Simmons if/when PHi gets bounced early in the playoffs but that doesn't make them a contender. And they can't even trade for Beal bc his contract will be up and he will bolt elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knows if Spurs are tanking for sure? But if they are, I just wish they go full tank and try to get a top 5 player. I mean they have every excuse to lose games, Aldridge jumped ship, Demar's antiquated game, injuries, etc.
    There is an extremely low chance of the Spurs getting into the top 5 without winning the lottery. They literally have to win zero out of the remaining 23 games. As terrible as they have been these past games, going for another 23 straight losses is an NBA record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is an extremely low chance of the Spurs getting into the top 5 without winning the lottery. They literally have to win zero out of the remaining 23 games. As terrible as they have been these past games, going for another 23 straight losses is an NBA record.
    Just lean hard on the Vets. Go get them Patty, Gay, DDR, Dieng!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that part. But I am saying realistically who can they trade for that will stay? What superstar player is out there that is unhappy with their team? Lebron, AD, KD, Steph, Harden, Kyrie, Luka, Giannis, Zion, Kawhi, Jokic Dame, Mitc , Embiid. None of these guys are going to want out

Possibly Simmons if/when PHi gets bounced early in the playoffs but that doesn't make them a contender. And they can't even trade for Beal bc his contract will be up and he will bolt elsewhere.
    Winning fixes a lot of things tbh, and who knows which superstar will want out next? That being said, they could land their superstar in the draft and can use picks to acquire a second/third banana when the time is right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winning fixes a lot of things tbh, and who knows which superstar will want out next? That being said, they could land their superstar in the draft and can use picks to acquire a second/third banana when the time is right.
    That's true. I mean people did choose effing Milwaukee to stay and live in. Crazier things have happened. But I just figure since everybody and their mom left OKC, nobody would want to play for them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just lean hard on the Vets. Go get them Patty, Gay, DDR, Dieng!
    That's why I wonder what kind of rotation folks think would help the team lose more. There's not one I can think of that's worse than the current rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually had the Spurs winning only 1 and 23 which was the Wizard away game. Every winnable game was either a 2nd night of a back to back

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sitting there starting lineup might be counterproductive to the tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    walker is questionable and dieng is day-to-day.

Thread Information