Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Eubanks and KBD will get the least burn out of that 10 man roster.

We need spacing in the worst way, so shooters will be valuable while our guys are out.
    Luka compliments the current roster, outside shooting and he can run. I see no reason why Luka will not play minutes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing how this scrub Q destroyed the momentum the spurs were building.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka compliments the current roster, outside shooting and he can run. I see no reason why Luka will not play minutes

IMO, Pop is going to go VERY experimental. These games will be fun to watch. There may be blowout losses coming, but they'll be fun to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I'm saying is Lyles has lost a step from last year and it's evident that he's overall detrimental to the style of play Pop wants to play this season.

There were times we needed a center before this all happened and Pop was still reluctant to use Eubanks all the way.
    Not sure what you've been looking at the last month & a half, but Pop has gone to both guys over Samanic on multiple occasions.

Now, desperation & needing a spark offensively might change his decision making, but I think we should use past decisions to shape our thoughts.

Total Minutes Played - Lyles: 165, Eubanks: 139, Samanic: 11

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Aldridge man. Go home.

Murray/ Tre
    Mills/
    Walker/ KBD
    Lyles/ Samanic
    Poetl/ Aldridge/ Eubanks

Maybe they'll ease Aldridge back in and start him off as a back-up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what you've been looking at the last month & a half, but Pop has gone to both guys over Samanic on multiple occasions.

Now, desperation & needing a spark offensively might change his decision making, but I think we should use past decisions to shape our thoughts.
    Prior to the G-league. He already knows what he has with Trey. If he wants to raise the team's floor, he's got to experiment with Samanic. You're acting like Lyles and Eubanks played a lot of minutes. I don't think there's any point in arguing about this. I could be wrong, or you could be wrong. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Aldridge man. Go home.

Murray/ Tre
    Mills/
    Walker/ KBD
    Lyles/ Samanic
    Poetl/ Aldridge/ Eubanks

Maybe they'll ease Aldridge back in and start him off as a back-up.
    Again, gotta use past decisions to forecast the future (no point in speculating to end up "angry").

LaMarcus will start if he's healthy & available, while Poeltl will slide back to the back - up 5 spot. I do think that it is time to reverse their roles, but Aldridge seems very prideful & likely won't take well to being demoted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C - Aldridge
    PF - Lyles
    SF - Walker
    SG - Mills
    PG - Murray

It’s like last year’s starting lineup, with Mills reprising the Forbes role

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prior to the G-league. He already knows what he has with Trey. If he wants to raise the team's floor, he's got to experiment with Samanic. You're acting like Lyles and Eubanks played a lot of minutes. I don't think there's any point in arguing about this. I could be wrong, or you could be wrong. We'll see.
    Samanic isn't raising the team's floor in year two, homie. I want the kid to be good but people are asking for too much, too soon.

His opportunity is coming. Stay patient.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, gotta use past decisions to forecast the future (no point in speculating to end up "angry").

LaMarcus will start if he's healthy & available, while Poeltl will slide back to the back - up 5 spot. I do think that it is time to reverse their roles, but Aldridge seems very prideful & likely won't take well to being demoted.
    Just like how White came back and he started? Let's not use that past decision, huh?

This a pointless discussion... It really doesn't impact me either way. Just excited for what's to come. Stop trying to take the joy out of everything, bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let's just be grateful we have Spurs games to watch, Spurs fans...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ, Tre
    Mills,
    Lonnie, KBD
    Lyles, Luka
    Jakob, Eubank

Can’t they sign Renfro on a 10 day? I don’t even care about Aldridge. He’s a net negative player

Wouldn't be shocked if:

Tre, Murray, Walker, Lyles, Poeltl
    Mills, KBD, Samanic, Eubanks

Some weird ass lineup's tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, Pop is going to go VERY experimental. These games will be fun to watch. There may be blowout losses coming, but they'll be fun to watch.
    As long as there’s defense, and I don’t see why not, it will be fun. I think Luka has a chip on his shoulder to show what he can do. Likewise Lonnie knows he needs to carry the team again. It will be fun.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This makes the most sense . . .

Lyles/Samanic
    Bates-Diop
    Aldridge/Poeltl
    Walker/Mills
    Murray/Jones

Eubanks

What I don't want to see, especially against the undersized Thunder, is Aldridge and Poeltl playing together, attempting to shoehorn Eubanks into the rotation and Murray and Jones playing together. Play a combination of Bates-Diop, Walker and Samanic at the three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, there goes any expectations for tomorrow's game. It'll be fun though, if they win with such an underhanded roster it'll be incredible, and if they lose, it's to be expected, and Tre/Luka will get burn against actual NBA players. Hope the rest of the team clears protocols soon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jones/Murray/Mills
    Murray/Mills
    Walker/Murray/Luka
    Lyles/Aldridge/Luka
    Poeltl/Aldridge/Eubanks

Is what I would like to see. But almost no way Tre starts. We are going to be short at the wings. Lonnie needs to put on his No-Demar cape and hang 25 on Wednesday.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This really sucks since our SL was really jelling. White can't catch a break. The man should live in a bubble the rest of the season before something else happens. Knowing Pop, he'll be on a 10 minute per game minute restriction when he's back. If Weatherspoon is the one who spread it, one has to wonder if the medical staff took necessary precautions?

These games could get really ugly especially if Aldridge is indeed returning.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jones/Murray/Mills
    Murray/Mills
    Walker/Murray/Luka
    Lyles/Aldridge/Luka
    Poeltl/Aldridge/Eubanks

Is what I would like to see. But almost no way Tre starts. We are going to be short at the wings. Lonnie needs to put on his No-Demar cape and hang 25 on Wednesday.
    I really hope Murray, Walker, Jones and Samniac get heavy, heavy minutes. The more they play, the better. Unfortunately, I expect to see Mills playing 40 minutes and chucking 25 shots in blow out losses lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Spurs are going to sign a forward tomorrow. Feels like the best move for the rotation at this point. If this is going to just be the team going forward, you can't just expect to get by with a nine-man rotation.

I also expect Pop to play two bigs as much as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys can't seriously believe a 9-man rotation without a healthy Aldridge performs better than a 10-man rotation with him.
    Surely Aldridge's rep hasn't fallen that low among the fan base.

He can still play. At a good level for this league. I wouldn't put him in the same sentence as a Eubanks for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys can't seriously believe a 9-man rotation without a healthy Aldridge performs better than a 10-man rotation with him.

He can still play. At a good level for this league. I wouldn't put him in the same sentence as a Eubanks for example.
    I don't think most posters are implying that (at least I'm not), but rather saying that LMA can only still be effective whilst having the offense ran through him, and now that there's a lot of other options besides him - all of which play a completely different style of ball -, having the offense ran through Aldrige is detrimental to the team as a whole. Of course, with half the team in H&S protocols, that point is kind of moot, and I'm actually kiiiind of looking forward to some big LMA bounce-back games - especially if they can raise his trade value enough for us to ship him off at the deadline. Boston is the premiere destination, but I'll take anything at this point, tbh.

Here's to hoping LMA can have "one of five" games a couple of games in a row. Father Time, let us have this at least...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's put up a really good offensive game a few times a la the Lakers game but his rebounding and defense have fallen off a cliff. He was never a guy with the greatest motor but his effort has seemed non-existent at times. Hopefully, all that rest translates to more energy and he can regain some form. Not expecting too much though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's put up a really good offensive game a few times a la the Lakers game but his rebounding and defense have fallen off a cliff. He was never a guy with the greatest motor but his effort has seemed non-existent at times. Hopefully, all that rest translates to more energy and he can regain some form. Not expecting too much though.
    ace3g please post your collection of photos showing LMA putting his hands up 10 feet from his man

Maybe it will make spurs1990 come to his senses

Thread Information