Page 24 of 110 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it is a sign and trade, Derozan would technically be an Unrestricted Free Agent when he opts out, don't know what people expect from such deals. You can always flip desirable assets, especially someone like Bev who is an all defensive second team / shooter / ballhandler. Bev is a walking mid to late first.
    It makes way more sense for both sides to not have DMDR opt out if he's going to the Clippers. Heck, I could see the Spurs not wanting to take Harrell in an S&T just to not hard cap themselves, but LAC surely doesn't want to do it in a season where they apparently want to take on long-term money for talent.

And I wouldn't be against letting DMDR walk rather than getting Bev/Harrell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is one of those times I hope that the Spurs are being used as leverage more than anything else.

Just the thought of having two 32 year old midget point guards is making me want to go outside and randomly kiss people to get the rona.

And they're both making around $13 mil/year and named Patrick. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins is horrible. He’s been in the league for 6 years, and hasn’t noticeably improved. He just lacks drive.

The granddaddy of all advanced stats is PER. It’s offensively biased, but since Wiggins isn’t known as a defender, it will work for a quick and dirty analysis. The basis of PER is that everyone’s ratings are based on a league average of 15.0. All Stars usually start around 20, and superstars are usually high 20s to low 30s.

Wiggins career mark, for 6 seasons, is 14.. No, it’s not a typo. He makes a ton of money for a slightly below average offensive player.
    I have never tried to say he would even be an all star. This trade is more about getting the number 2 pick. I do think he can be a serviceable player. He also had a little bit of a turnaround last year. His PER this year was 16.44 which is not bad. It is about the same as white and DJM. I know you said it values offense because that is what people say because bowen did not do well in it. However Potel had a Per of 19.2. Which is 2nd option on the team territory. I think we can all agree that he is not a 2nd player on a team player. I do think he is overpaid but I also think RJ was close to a max contract at the time we traded for him.

I would not do the trade if we had to give up our pick as well and would try and get miny pick. He is a younger player that will be an expiring contract in 2 years (one of those we would have to deal with LMA anyway). If he is doing well we could resign him at a decreased value. Lots of players have done poor in Miny. has being up there hurt his development? I have several people want Cristen wood but last offseason many did not. You cannot wait till these players break out then expect them to want to come to SA on a discount. this is a way to get a younger player and a high draft pick.

I also people keep saying just tank next year. Do you think we are going to be the only team that tanks? Do you think the Spurs would even be willing to throw a whole season. if your answer to the second question is no what happens if we end up about the same spot next year. You have to be willing to take calculated chances and I think this is one of them. GS wants to win and LMA I think would help them who knows what they would be willing to give up to get him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These people are clueless. Like I said, Wiggins would be the second coming of Richard Jefferson, but even less impactful and at a astronomically horrible price.
    I think when we tradded for RJ he was max or atleast close to it. There was a reason why he "opted out" in his last year to resign here for less when we did not want him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would look at getting Gary Payton as an assistant, just to teach our young guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd only take Wiggins if GSW is also throwing in the Minnesota 2021 pick
    nonsense for Warriors
    lets start from start

D'Angelo Russell's time in Golden State was short-lived.
    The Warriors traded the star guard to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Andrew Wiggins, a 2021 protected first-round pick and a 2021 second-round pick, Minnesota announced on Thursday.

Golden made deal for:
    pick 2021 and future better sell Wigins after large playing time for Canadian
    It doesnt make sense sell Back Wiggins not only with loss Russel and pick from Trade but extra adding pick #2 for #11

Warriors will try sell him for cheaper price then bought him not for higher to dump him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Price means team cost

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd only take Wiggins if GSW is also throwing in the Minnesota 2021 pick
    Yeah, that remaining 3/$94M is going to be pretty hard for small market SA to choke down. His game isn’t worth half that amount. I’m not sure that #2, in this crap draft, is worth the other half of his salary, in this NBA economy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like the Spurs may let go DDR or LMA, not both. DDR opt out decision will get the ball rolling. Taking Wiggins and having #2 and #11 is tempting especially since Wiggins isn’t a walking corpse. Just not a great draft. I think it really comes down to draft prep and if they believe #2 can be our next #1 option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they better not actually want Beverly. I think it's clear he'd have to be part of the deal to make numbers work, but SA should be looking for a third team to take him. Philly, as I said earlier, seems like the best choice, especially if they are willing to give up Richardson to make it happen.
    Beverly is about as far from the "Spurs culture" as you can get. Career -talker, acts like he is an All-Star even though he is just a glorified role-player.

I don't believe those rumors are true, and if they are, it would signal that the Spurs have pretty much abandoned their "over themselves" outlook.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nonsense for Warriors
    lets start from start

D'Angelo Russell's time in Golden State was short-lived.
    The Warriors traded the star guard to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Andrew Wiggins, a 2021 protected first-round pick and a 2021 second-round pick, Minnesota announced on Thursday.

Golden made deal for:
    pick 2021 and future better sell Wigins after large playing time for Canadian
    It doesnt make sense sell Back Wiggins not only with loss Russel and pick from Trade but extra adding pick #2 for #11

Warriors will try sell him for cheaper price then bought him not for higher to dump him.
    I think your looking at it wrong. GS is in a win now mode. Druss was never expected to stay with the team. They had always planned on trading him. They got the best trade they could for him last year. Wiggins fits their team better (haveing Curry and Druss would have been 2 dominate pg) and they got 2 extra picks.
    When you go back to them being a win now team Aldridge would increase their chance to win this year over Wiggins and their 1st. if they believe this then I could see them doing the trade.
    Adding on Min next year first is what I dont know if the Spurs could get. If they do it would be because they want aldridge as the need a big and getting rid of Wiggins could help them. (I think it would more be getting Aldridge). You saw two teasm trade away multiple picks last years to get a player. LAC and Houston. OKC which was looking to rebuild was looking at getting assets. They dont need to trade Paul because they are trying to rebuild. GS does not have the time they are trying to win so. So getting Aldridge would help them. Thompson is 30 Green is 30 and Curry is 32. Thompson and Curry were injured this last year and Curry has had injuries through his career. Green has seen a decline. I would say they have probably 3 years left to be contenders no more then 5. The future you have no idea how these players will develop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally agree that is why all the noise is that Golden State is looking to trade there 2nd pick for a very good vet player. Any guy they get at two is going to take at a minimum one year and maybe two or three if he is a big to make any impact. So if we can swing a trade including LMA for there 2 I would do it in a heart beat.

I know a lot of people want Wiseman but I am not sure he only has a couple of games against ty compe ion to judge and he did bail out on his team and left Precious holding the bag. I am really curious on some of these players what they are going to find when they do background checks from what I have heard is that there are a lot of players with Red Flags. On a side note I would trade that second pick to a really ty team for there 2021 draft pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They want to build their depth, I would think they would prefer 2-3 rotation controlled players than 1 rental.

There are only 2 proven players on controlled contracts GS would want Murray and White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to underestimate how bad Wiggins has been. There's an interesting box on the bottom of every player's stats page on basketball-reference.com that shows similarity scores to other players. Timmy's comps are Dirk, KG, Dr J, and Charles Barkley. Aldridge's are Elvin Hayes, Chris Bosh, Horace Grant... Boris Diaw's are Orlando Woolridge, Mike Dunleavy, and James Posey-- lesser known players that had some success. A few years ago, I noticed the #1 comp for Wiggins was Matt Bonner, but that has changed-- the most recent comps for Wiggins are Danny Vranes and Mike O'Koren.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    anyone who legit would wanna take on Wiggins or thinks he is a good young player has to not watch basketball. he puts up stats because he starts and guns for a trash team and has for years. but his advanced metrics are so putrid, he is not even half as impactful or useful as someone like Rodney Hood, and his contract is ridiculous he literally may be the most overpaid player in the history of the league because he never warranted that contract, no one else was going to give it to him, he has no chance to ever be good enough to warrant it, and teams are going to have to give up assets to try and get rid of it. dude is the definition of a net negative player. he is like a worse version of Derozan making more money and he doesnt even give a about basketball

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i'm not gonna say pop wanting bev is definitely bs.

forbes is a FA and this is patty's last year under contract.

the part that makes me think it might be bs is that pat is still under contract. i really don't see pop wanting to help the clippers in any way.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    it seems like most people here wouldn't want bev... he'd be such a huge improvement over forbes though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it seems like most people here wouldn't want bev... he'd be such a huge improvement over forbes though.
    If you actually care about winning, bev is the obvious choice over Mills or Forbes. But the spurs “culture” is more important to the FO then winning unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Beverly on paper-- aggressive defender who shoots a decent 3pt%. But in real life, I think he's too disruptive and immature, and often hurts his team by going too far with his antics. Instead of a glue guy, he becomes an unglued guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you actually care about winning, bev is the obvious choice over Mills or Forbes. But the spurs “culture” is more important to the FO then winning unfortunately.
    He’d still be blocking the youngsters, though. Subtract Forbes and Beli, play the young kids, and promote Q to the big club. That’s automatic improvement. No need for Beverly and his disruptions.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So would anyone one else currently on the Spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know a lot of people want Wiseman but I am not sure he only has a couple of games against ty compe ion to judge and he did bail out on his team and left Precious holding the bag. I am really curious on some of these players what they are going to find when they do background checks from what I have heard is that there are a lot of players with Red Flags. On a side note I would trade that second pick to a really ty team for there 2021 draft pick.
    So I agree with us not having much to go on as far as his play ability. That being said you dont get big talent like that very often. Last one was Ayton and before that was probably Davis. I know some would say a big like that is not needed anymore but you still have a few left in the league and the good one do well in the league.

As far as him leaving his team I dont know how much can be held against him on that. I think he wanted to play but had some issues with the NCAA. they said he could play then couldnt play. Then I think it was pay back money and community service and could play. I remember it going on and several people were saying he was being told one thing then told another.

I am not completely sold on him and think he has flags but I like him more then the other top pick. this is also why I would not include our pick and would try and get the Minnesota pick. If we had to include Gay to get it I would include him easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again you do the Wiggins trade for the future, everyone knows he’s a large Canadian Bryn Forbes. It’s a matter of having his horrible contract worth getting the #2 pick. I doubt the Spurs do it because of the three years left on Wiggins’ deal. It’s a great deal for GSW, they get one year of LMA and cap space after that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if most or some of this is true, the odds of it actually happening are still slim and even with the Spurs at a crossroads, that's even more pronounced with them.

Either way, Beverley would be necessary, along with Williams and McGruder, to making the math work. The first two would be rerouted to other teams for draft capital, floatsam and jetsam. The could come in handy as part of a trade to move up either directly or indirectly by replenishing.

The other asset would be crushing S bag's championship hopes by saddling them with DeRozan.

So I agree with us not having much to go on as far as his play ability. That being said you dont get big talent like that very often. Last one was Ayton and before that was probably Davis. I know some would say a big like that is not needed anymore but you still have a few left in the league and the good one do well in the league.

As far as him leaving his team I dont know how much can be held against him on that. I think he wanted to play but had some issues with the NCAA. they said he could play then couldnt play. Then I think it was pay back money and community service and could play. I remember it going on and several people were saying he was being told one thing then told another.

I am not completely sold on him and think he has flags but I like him more then the other top pick. this is also why I would not include our pick and would try and get the Minnesota pick. If we had to include Gay to get it I would include him easily.
    Embiid, Towns and Porzingis all came between Davis and Ayton (Jokic obviously wasn't regarded as that caliber of prospect).

Obviously not much to go on, but Wiseman is probably the least hyped of the bunch.

Again you do the Wiggins trade for the future, everyone knows he’s a large Canadian Bryn Forbes. It’s a matter of having his horrible contract worth getting the #2 pick. I doubt the Spurs do it because of the three years left on Wiggins’ deal. It’s a great deal for GSW, they get one year of LMA and cap space after that.
    The Hornets might by desperate/dumb enough to do Wiggins for Batum.

The Warriors would probably want Aldridge to agree to a 1 (maybe 2, with a partial guarantee) year extension as part of the trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beverly sucks. His D is overrated as . White and Murray are better than him and I'd still take Patty over him. He fills no need. And anyone is better than Forbes, him leaving without replacement would be addition by subtraction so who cares if he's better than Forbes. That trade ain't gonna happen but I sure as would hope if it did that Beverly would go to a third team. Or be traded later on.

Plus helping the Clippers at all. If spurs trade up I really hope it has no connection to nephews team at all

Thread Information