Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Immoral leaders comes immoral behavior...

NBC Says Marine Shot Dead Wounded Iraqi Prisoner

LONDON (Reuters) - A television pool report by U.S. network NBC said on Monday that a U.S. Marine had shot dead an unarmed and wounded Iraqi prisoner in a mosque in Falluja.

The Iraqi was one of five wounded prisoners left in the mosque after Marines had fought their way in on Friday and Saturday. There was no immediate comment from the Pentagon (news - web sites) on the report.

U.S. forces launched an offensive one week ago on Falluja, and have gained overall control of the formerly rebel-held city, although scattered resistance remains.

The pool report by NBC correspondent Kevin Sites said the mosque had been used by insurgents to attack U.S. forces, who stormed it and an adjacent building, killing 10 militants and wounding the five.

more:
    Yahoo News

more...

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Several US televison networks aired footage of members of a US marine unit entering a mosque in Fallujah before one marine shot an unarmed, wounded man in the head as he lay prone aganst a wall.

Televisions networks said the marine who killed the wounded man had been detained and could face prosecution.

The reports said the unnamed marine had been wounded in the face the day before the killing but had returned to duty almost immediately.

CBS News showed a still photo from the film depicting the marine standing above the slumped figure aiming his rifle at the man's body.

It aired excerpts of a discussion between the marines.

"He's dead now," one marine in the squad shouts after the shooting
    Yahoo News

Anyone else remember this?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlike you Dan I'll withhold judging guilt until what happened comes out.

Until then...maybe they should rethink their decision to fight using guerilla and terrorist tactics....it tends to make people trigger happy.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The body of a blonde-haired woman with her legs and arms cut off and throat slit was found lying on the street in Fallujah, a notorious enclave for hostage-takers, marines said.

“It is definitely a Caucasian woman with long blonde hair,” said a military official, who cut open a cover that had been over the corpse.

The gruesome discovery was made as the marines moved through the south of Fallujah, hunting out the remaining die-hard rebels after a week of fierce fighting to regain control of the city.

“It is a female… missing all four appendages, with a slashed throat and disembowled, she has been dead for a while but only in this location for a day or two,” said Benjamin Finnell, a hospital apprentice with the Navy Corps, who had inspected the body.

An AFP photographer embedded with the marines said the woman was wearing a blue dress and her face was completely disfigured.

The marines said she appeared to have been on the street for about two days.
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._fallujah_body

Only a clown like you Dan would call it an "assassination".

This just in... war is . We have had several Marines KIA in the last week because insurgents that were injured were pulling guns and/or grenades on them and taking one last American soldier with them before going to (err, heaven with the virgins).

Excuse the out of a Marine for exercising some caution, even the NBC reporter said that the insurgent was making movements and told to stop before he was shot.

Only Dan would be more outraged about one POS insurgent being offed than all of our troops killed. And only Dan could take it a step further and somehow link a Marine who had been shot in the face a day before and his actions when an insurgent acted up to our president.

*Sigh*

Dan, where was your outrage about the dismembered female found in Fallujah? Let me guess, you were waiting for Al Jazeera to blame it on the infidel American army so you could express some more "outrage."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad thing when Dan dances up and down over a thing like this. Remember Dan....it says "allegedly". Pardon me if I hope you fall on your face over this one. This will not become another Abu Ghurab so put your panties back in the drawer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are these people guilty of?

At least they admitted to torturing people at Abu Gharib.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christ Dan, it's a war zone.

What did 3,000 people on 9/11 do?

What did the people kidnapped and decapitated in Iraq, Saudi Arabia, etc. do? Drive a truck? What did the blond woman found dismembered today in Fallujah do?

What did the Iraqis that are being killed all around the country by the insurgents do? You should be carbombed for trying to make your country a better place.

All I need to know about you Dan is that you think our US military, with bullets, bombs, and s s blowing up around them and in their face, are the "assassins" and the "monsters."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a war zone, but targeting civilians is a war crime none-the-less. If we were after the people who plotted the 911 attacks, which we are not, they if captured alive, would be charged with war crimes on top of a bunch of other things. Same difference. 2,800 innocent civilians died on 911, but over 100,000 civilians have died as a direct or indirect result of GW2. The streets of Fallujah are crawling with burn't torsos and rotting corpses of men, women, children and elderly. Are you telling me that these peoples lives don't matter simply because they made the mistake of staying in Fallujah some too sick, or because they wanted to stay behind and look after their families belongings? For that they deserved to die? What did these people die for? We have decimated the city, bombed Mosques, hospitals, and clinics. Now we are supposed to say, hey, sorry about that, here, let me build you a new bridge or mosque and we can all forget about it?

The Battle of Fallujah is the clearest example yet that the Coalition and Allawi government doesn't have a clue about what its doing in Iraq. If they did they would have realized by now that they are going to have to make deals with some of the Sunnis that they are now fighting in Ramadi, Samarra, Haditha, Baquba, Hiyt, Qaim, Latifiyah,Taji and Khaldiyah. Fighting has been reported also in the Shi'ite holy city Kerbala. The uprising has spread across the capital as well. The districts al-Dora, al-Amiriyah, Abu Ghraib, al-Adhamiya and Khan Dhari are now largely controlled by resistance fighters. US military vehicles have been damaged and destroyed near the city Hiyt. Fighting has spread to the normally peaceful town Hilla, just south of Baghdad. The first time Polish troops have had to fight insurgents.

If the administrations strategy is to try and get the insurgents to negotiate a peace before the scheduled January elections through over-whelming force, its a bad strategy. The administrations cuddling of the Shiites and Kurds, along with Al-Sistani's deafening quietness over the deaths of Fallujah, just add to the Sunni's resentment and distrust of the Allawi Government and help propel Iraq ever closer to Civil war.
    Last edited by Nbadan; 11-16-2004 at 05:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The casualties of war are many and happen in every war.
    Innocent people die in every war.
    War is and the best part of war is when it ends.

Under pressure some do things they wouldn't ordinarily do.

Semper Fi my brother.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Marine in the same unit had been killed just a day earlier when he tended to the booby-trapped dead body of an insurgent.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138673,00.html

also, remember this ing terrorist had just been shooting at the marines. he deserved to die! dan, you should go help out your buddies you terrorist.

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan, there is a deep seeded hatred in you for the US. I'm not sure why your beliefs are so warped and distorted. Do you honestly believe the US is targeting civilians? I wish you could experience what these troops do on a daily basis. You are unable to apply reason to any topic political. You pass judgement based on opinion and half facts. I honestly believe your entire stay here is some sort of experiment or thesis assignment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan if you want to protect these civilians and Iraqis so much, why dont you fly to Iraq, pick up a weapon and fight along side them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Dan....

you.

It makes me sick to think our fine men and women are dying protecting your right to spew the you spew.

How the do you sleep at night?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although I don't always agree with Dan I feel he has a right to his opinions w/o me resorting to insults.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although I don't always agree with Dan I feel he has a right to his opinions w/o me resorting to insults.

Tonto, my redfaced brother... You may be right, but there comes a time to call an ass an ass.

Now get back to work. My horse needs to be fed.

Love,

The Lone Ranger

I aim to please! Lee Harvey Oswald's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think NbaDan is on Target, he sounds like me a straight shooter

My juices are flowing! JackLalanne's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Dan could use a nice tall glass of prune juice to unpucker his tight ass and what a better way than with the Jack Lalanne juicer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bottom line......Dan is a whippersnapper. Webster defines a whippersnapper as an insignificant individual with an overexagerated idea of his own importance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally agree with one being able to express one's opinions. But with those rights, come the rights of others to discredit those same opinions. I have not insulted Dan in my posts, but I do call him out for his lack of facts. I don't want to live in a country where you can't criticise your leaders. But let's atleast base such criticisms on reality and not mindless conspiracies woven together by the thinest of threads. I want the facts, not propaganda, from either side of the issues.

Posting pics of wounded civilians or troops is fine. Why were they wounded? Dan is almost portraying these incidents as though our troops are there to just kill everyone in sight. Does anyone believe we are in Iraq to murder the civilians? Do you believe that your family members, friends, and fellow countrymen who are serving in Iraq and abroad would follow such orders if they were giving to them? There is nothing good about war. That is true enough. But sometimes we are faced with tough decisions. These troops are faced with LIFE OR DEATH choices every day. Not many of us here can say that we have ever been in a single situation like that. To so easily pass judgment is of course your right, but maybe a little thought before hand is in order.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally agree with one being able to express one's opinions. But with those rights, come the rights of others to discredit those same opinions. I have not insulted Dan in my posts, but I do call him out for his lack of facts. I don't want to live in a country where you can't criticise your leaders. But let's atleast base such criticisms on reality and not mindless conspiracies woven together by the thinest of threads. I want the facts, not propaganda, from either side of the issues.

Posting pics of wounded civilians or troops is fine. Why were they wounded? Dan is almost portraying these incidents as though our troops are there to just kill everyone in sight. Does anyone believe we are in Iraq to murder the civilians? Do you believe that your family members, friends, and fellow countrymen who are serving in Iraq and abroad would follow such orders if they were giving to them? There is nothing good about war. That is true enough. But sometimes we are faced with tough decisions. These troops are faced with LIFE OR DEATH choices every day. Not many of us here can say that we have ever been in a single situation like that. To so easily pass judgment is of course your right, but maybe a little thought before hand is in order.
    The only thought Dan has before hand is......."If they are for it, I am against it. If they are against it, I am for it."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a war zone, but targeting civilians is a war crime none-the-less
    Show me proof that the US is knowingly targeting civilians.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given that the Iraqi "insurgents" have been booby-trapping their own dead and dying militants; a breathing corpse, in a previously held militant firing position, is getting a bullet to the head if I think he's faking. Sorry, that's just the name of the game. I'm not going to give him time to detonate or start firing on me and my buddies...or the ing cameraman that doesn't know how to erase an inflammatory piece of footage.

But, if you add to the mix, I was wounded - in the face - the day before, I'm just that much more skiddish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given that the Iraqi "insurgents" have been booby-trapping their own dead and dying militants; a breathing corpse, in a previously held militant firing position, is getting a bullet to the head if I think he's faking. Sorry, that's just the name of the game. I'm not going to give him time to detonate or start firing on me and my buddies...or the ing cameraman that doesn't know how to erase an inflammatory piece of footage.

But, if you add to the mix, I was wounded - in the face - the day before, I'm just that much more skiddish.
    Now Yoni, thats rational thinking and that is something Dan isn't capable of. He will not understand what you are talking about. He llies awake at night thinking..."why doesn't everyone see it as I do? What's wrong with all these people?" He's over the edge and I personally think he is a danger to the public and himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or the ing cameraman that doesn't know how to erase an inflammatory piece of footage.
    I have no problem with cameramen shooting footage of the truth, but don't give me this "there are thousands of anti-US protesters" when in reality its five dudes on a coffee break. If we screw up, we screw up and if it gets caught on tape so be it. Our troops should be held to a higher standard because of what they represent.

On this particular issue, I have to agree with Yonivore....get them before they get us. How do we know he was unarmed? Maybe he was booby trapped. We just can't assume anything in that situation given the history of who we are dealing with. If he was unarmed and not booby trapped, then the Marine should be dealt with in accordance to the UCMJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes Marines get carried away being Marines.
    Not that I'm condoning the "alleged" incident.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes people get carried away with wanting to survive.

Thread Information