Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Watching it on Nickelodeon out of curiosity. No idea who thought this made sense. I kind of hope the experiment works out, but it's so awkward. Maybe I've just an adult for too long to see any appeal.
    Has no idea this game was on Nickelodeon.

Just turned to the channel and saw Spongebob pop up between the crossbar and a bunch of cartoon graphics on replay. Somebody actually thought this was a great idea. I'm rolling my eyes.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Cant imagine how good the Saints would be if they actually played their best QB

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Not trying to sound like a "get off my lawn" Boomer here, but does anybody else think these celebrations have gotten comically ridiculous? It almost seems like going full "ooga booga" and doing over-the-top celebrations has somewhat trumped actually winning the football game. Just off the top of my head...we had Juju dancing on the Bills/Bengals logo despite the fact that both teams said they used that as extra motivation. I mean, how many times have we heard interviews from players and coaches talking about old football games in which bulletin board material was used for motivation to win the game? You can throw out the "Jason GarretBot" cliches about how every game is motivation enough blah blah yadda yadda yadda etc. but that sh!t obviously matters. Yet, he kept being a re ed chimp and thought it was super hip to keep doing it anyway. And then you've got today...a close game, late in the fourth quarter between the Ravens and ans. Every yard counts, season on the line, etc so you'd think both teams would be disciplined and not commit stupid penalties right?

Nooooooo, Baltimore decided to do their choreographed 'Stanky Leg' tribal jiggaboo dance after that last interception. Acting like jackasses, taking the obvious 15 yard penalty, and getting Instagram "Likes" took precedent over the actual football game. It would be nice if these (mostly white) head coaches would actually coach and discipline their players for this sh!t. Although I know it's hard to take time to do all that these days considering coaches themselves are too busy vomiting Black Lives Matter talking points and getting pegged (with no lube) by Schlomo Shekelbergstein. Still, it's getting ridiculous.
    They did that because the ans had been taunting the Ravens all year. TN deserved to get shat on after how they've acted.

I'm fine with celebrations in general. They usually do them on the sidelines, so it doesn't slow the game down.

Not touching that political though.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Taysom Hill throws a pick in his own red zone and all the Bears can muster is a ty ass FG, actually going backward on the drive

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bears winning 15-14 with only field goals would be a funnay thing

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    They did that because the ans had been taunting the Ravens all year. TN deserved to get shat on after how they've acted.

I'm fine with celebrations in general. They usually do them on the sidelines, so it doesn't slow the game down.

Not touching that political though.
    I understand that part of it, but jeez...can't even wait two more minutes? If you're determined to showboat is it too much to ask to wait until the game is actually over? It's not like it was one hothead who lost his cool. The whole team obviously had this planned. The game wasn't over at all, the ans still had all their timeouts...what if they stopped Baltimore, got the ball back, and scored? It would be Vontaze Burfict/Pacman Jones level of dumbassery in terms of how to lose a playoff game

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    The only good thing I will say about the Nfl game on Nickelodeon is that their announcer are better than the ESPN guys from earlier which isn't saying much.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Wow. Sean Payton challenging an obvious incomplete pass.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Payton is a ing idiot; that isn't even particularly close.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Social justice is bull . Criminal justice reform already happened. We don't need to "advance" social justice; the necessary and proper changes already happened in the 1960s. Anyone who thinks we need "more change" is ing re ed and a brainwashed marxist liberal.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Why the would the Bears play zone there, or ever in any case against a QB that can't run?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't know why more teams don't just employ the Belichickian zero man blitz as a base defense more often. Throwing against soft zone is too ing easy, and dying by a thousand cuts is much worse than dying by one gunshot wound.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I understand that part of it, but jeez...can't even wait two more minutes? If you're determined to showboat is it too much to ask to wait until the game is actually over? It's not like it was one hothead who lost his cool. The whole team obviously had this planned. The game wasn't over at all, the ans still had all their timeouts...what if they stopped Baltimore, got the ball back, and scored? It would be Vontaze Burfict/Pacman Jones level of dumbassery in terms of how to lose a playoff game
    You wait two more minutes, and it would be a fight. TN clearly has a culture that can dish out but not take it. As far as I know, they decided completely on their own to take their taunting past usual trash talk and make it weird and personal. No, I have no issue with the Ravens pissing on them after taking the ball way. That they trusted Jackson to back them up and ended up being right just made it all the sweeter. The group-photo celebration is extremely common, and I think it's actually a pretty cool way to make good events about a team rather than just the individual player who scored or got the turnover. Any other game, they would've done that behind the endzone, and this would be an afterthought. That they felt like being disrespectful to a team that was basically bullying them off the field doesn't make them jackasses.

The penalty was basically irrelevant anyway. It went from the +47 to the -38. That's still great field position and you're talking about a punt inside the opposing 20 or a turnover with good field position anyway.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bears are going to win this 9-7, aren't they?

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    The Bears on that last 3rd down trusted a no namer with 5 career rush attempts over Trubisky. WOW!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Allen Robinson Allen Hurns making plays

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Bears on that last 3rd down trusted a no namer with 5 career rush attempts over Trubisky. WOW!
    They just wanted to run out the clock and not risk an incomplete.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If that was Erin Fraudgers that sack would have been a facemask

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    Smh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That CJ Gardner Johnson is a punkhead instigator and should be kicked out of the NFL, Burfict style. What a ing punk.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Exactly. It's clear who the refs want to win the game. CJ Gardner Johnson is a repeat offender and Payton should be fined and suspended for (a) continuing to employ that punkhead on the team, and (b) being a repeat offender against league rules.

Perhaps a lifetime banishment from the NFL would be appropriate for Payton, especially since a perma for what he did 10-12 years ago would have been perfectly justified back then. Punkheads.

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    It's over. We're about to get ed down by Brees.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You have to be able to stop thirteen.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's over. We're about to get ed down by Brees.
    & the refs.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Saints getting away with an obvious delay of game there

Thread Information