San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anthony Edwards

College: Georgia
    Position: Shooting Guard
    Height: 6-foot-5
    Weight: 225 pounds
    Draft Range: 1 to 3

Why: Natural born scorer. Powerful body and leaping ability allows him to finish in the lane with ease. Shooting stroke looks good. Can create and shoot off the dribble. Quality court vision. Long arms and impressive athleticism could make him a stout defender.

Why Not: Questionable decision-making. Not known as a team-first player or a winner, to put it kindly. Mostly underwhelmed at Georgia. Loud whispers about his character.

Spurs Fit: He'd dominate the G League level so the Spurs would probably just let him learn on the fly in San Antonio. He'd become the starting shooting guard pretty quickly, if only for the Spurs to get an early read on whether his character issues are real or imagined.

Spurs Comparison - Ceiling: Supersized Tony Parker

Spurs Comparison - Floor: 1997 Vernon Maxwell

Statistics
    Highlight Video
    Interview

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for doing these profiles timvp!

Edwards strikes me more as a Dwyane Wade type player than some of the other comparators that draft sites use. He's a 6'5" athletic bull who can move, jump and shoot. The character issues are just too much.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    op stop spamming the main forum there is a sub forum for these discussions called spurs think tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you have to take him #1. But if that is SA with their guards likely locked up cheaper (assuming White gets less than or equal to Murray) do you trade back and get another guy + picks?

Wiseman seems to have the same upside and less character issues so should Sa just go with Wiseman since he hits position of need as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    op stop spamming the main forum there is a sub forum for these discussions called spurs think tank

They get moved to the think tank in due time . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker shot 3s??? The comp doesnt make sense at all.... This dude is a chucker from the 3 pt line. He had like 8 3 pt attempts a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lazyness and "dumbness" are too much of a red flag for me, but in this less than ideal draft in terms of talent you would have no choice but to take him if he's available. Thankfully the Spurs won't have to worry about that dillema.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker shot 3s??? The comp doesnt make sense at all.... This dude is a chucker from the 3 pt line. He had like 8 3 pt attempts a game
    I think the best comparisson is Westbrook, down to the losing brand of basketball, but I think timvp is trying to use Spurs' related comparissons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Toppin over him, but I like him over anyone besides Obi and Wiseman. I haven't watch much of him at all or know anything about his character though. That might change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the best comparisson is Westbrook, down to the losing brand of basketball, but I think timvp is trying to use Spurs' related comparissons.
    Yeah, I keep it Spurs related. Obviously TP isn't that good of a comp but not many guards in Spurs history have played the role of offensive engine that Edwards could play if he pans out and buys in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't loved what I see from Edwards' penetration. To me, that's the most important thing the Spurs need on the perimeter. Sure, talent trumps all, and you don't worry about your top pick fitting with other players, but if the goal is a functional offense with room to grow, then having a guy who plays like White 2.0 isn't the greatest thing.

Spurs Fan In Milan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like an empty stats tipe of player to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shut the up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would he fit more into the Andrew Wiggins mold? based on personality, sounds like he has no motor. Disappears. Doesn't impact winning. If we are lucky to be top 4 and he's there, not gonna question it. Talent is there.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    stop riding ljs clit spam is spam there is a think tank for a reason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude has "bust" written all over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His advanced stats are pretty unimpressive for a guy being considered as a potential #1 draft pick. Last year, Zion's numbers showed him to be a man among boys in college, but this guy's numbers show a scary amount of red flags: questionable shot selection, inefficiency, poor assist to turnover ratio, limited influence on winning... I'd be really afraid to use a #1 or #2 pick on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for doing these profiles timvp!

Edwards strikes me more as a Dwyane Wade type player than some of the other comparators that draft sites use. He's a 6'5" athletic bull who can move, jump and shoot. The character issues are just too much.
    This. He strikes me as a lower character D-Wade. Or on the low end, Dion Waiters.

Thread Information