My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    26.4 ppg, 0.536 fg% ..

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    By early May you won't be able to drag a straight pin outta that boy's ass with a 20 mule team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lolwut

boring is a quality
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    26.4 ppg, 0.536 fg% ..
    no, but he's the best Mavericks guard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    almost as good as Lamar Odom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does speak german

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    trudat

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i find his choice in women to be the mosst offensive in the nba

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No, Kobe and Durant are. He's right behind them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's top five for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk's got a legit shot at being the best offensive player right now and unlike Kobe/Gasol and Durant/Westbrook he doesn't have a second option anywhere near close to his impact on the offensive end of the court. Pretty remarkable for a high-mileage old 7 footer to be playing like Dirk has been especially considering that he has to carry the Mavs.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No, Kobe and Durant are. He's right behind them.
    kobe 25.3ppg, 0.431 fg%, 0.308 3p%
    durant 28.3ppg, 0.436 fg%, 0.290 3p%
    dirk 26.4ppg, 0.536 fg%, 0.385 3p%

plus, kobes has gasol, durant has westbrook. both gasol and westbrook are top 15 in the nba in scoring..dirk has to carry his team with 42 point to a W at home against the pistons...with the opponents defense just concentrating on him mainly..

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Nah, but Dirk's a beast

Parker/Nash/Wade Roddy Beaubois's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    shiiiiit

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    kobe 25.3ppg, 0.431 fg%, 0.308 3p%
    durant 28.3ppg, 0.436 fg%, 0.290 3p%

plus, kobes has gasol, durant has westbrook. both gasol and westbrook are top 15 in the nba in scoring..dirk has to carry his team with 42 point to a W at home against the pistons...with the opponents defense just concentrating on him mainly..
    Sounds a lot like Derrick Rose at the moment (who doesn't have a true 2nd option) and his numbers aren't too shabby.

Rose - 26.3 ppg (47% fg, 33% 3pt), 8.3 assists

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why not? he should be an early MVP favorite ...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It boggles my mind that people are often so nonchalant about Dirk's phenomenal FG%. It's almost like an afterthought. "Oh yeah he shoots pretty well from the field, too."

It's not even just his FG% - it's the fact that he's so damned consistent in attaining that FG%. He's not really one to have ultra efficient nights mixed with ultra poor shooting nights in a way that averages out to > 50% FG shooting.

On the contrary, Dirk's one of the most consistently efficient scorers in the game. He either has really great games or slightly less than par (for him) games. I don't remember the last time he's downright had an awful shooting night. He just doesn't have them that often.

I fear when Dirk shoots against us - every time. I think it's going in every time and it's a testament to just how steady he is.

Kobe Bryant? Kevin Durant? I don't fear them nearly as much as I fear Dirk when they take shots, because I know on any given night it's not totally unreasonable to see Kobe go 10-24 or 11-30, etc.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It boggles my mind that people are often so nonchalant about Dirk's phenomenal FG%. It's almost like an afterthought. "Oh yeah he shoots pretty well from the field, too."

It's not even just his FG% - it's the fact that he's so damned consistent in attaining that FG%. He's not really one to have ultra efficient nights mixed with ultra poor shooting nights in a way that averages out to > 50% FG shooting.

On the contrary, Dirk's one of the most consistently efficient scorers in the game. He either has really great games or slightly less than par (for him) games. I don't remember the last time he's downright had an awful shooting night. He just doesn't have them that often.

I fear when Dirk shoots against us - every time. I think it's going in every time and it's a testament to just how steady he is.

Kobe Bryant? Kevin Durant? I don't fear them nearly as much as I fear Dirk when they take shots, because I know on any given night it's not totally unreasonable to see Kobe go 10-24 or 11-30, etc.
    Well currently you can just double(or triple-team) him and watch the rest of the Mavs fail. This squad is desperate for a #2 option.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No. Kobe is. He just don't have to give us 30 ppg no more. His athleticism isn't what it used to be, but his jumper and post game keeps him lethal.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well currently you can just double(or triple-team) him and watch the rest of the Mavs fail. This squad is desperate for a #2 option.
    Pretty much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love when Laker fans have the balls to play the "Kobe doesn't have to do as much" card..

Um, in case you haven't noticed, KOBE IS #1 IN THE NBA IN FIELD GOAL ATTEMPTS..he doesn't have to do as much, but he still goes out of his way to shoot as much as he can and control the ball as much as he can..

Despite having a stacked team, Kobe is #1 in the NBA in usage %, which is actually higher than his usage in 2006-2007..I don't know why it's so tough to accept his decline..

Durant? ..

There's a great argument for Dirk..he probably is the best offensive player in the NBA..he's amazingly efficient, and he doesn't have much help from an offensive standpoint..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that he doesn't have holes in his game, but Dirk is one of the best (if not the best) shooters in the game right now. And the fact that he's 7 feet and can shoot over the top of any defender just makes him that much more scary.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I love when Laker fans have the balls to play the "Kobe doesn't have to do as much" card..

Um, in case you haven't noticed, KOBE IS #1 IN THE NBA IN FIELD GOAL ATTEMPTS..he doesn't have to do as much, but he still goes out of his way to shoot as much as he can and control the ball as much as he can..

Despite having a stacked team, Kobe is #1 in the NBA in usage %, which is actually higher than his usage in 2006-2007..I don't know why it's so tough to accept his decline..

Durant? ..

There's a great argument for Dirk..he probably is the best offensive player in the NBA..he's amazingly efficient, and he doesn't have much help from an offensive standpoint..
    The question is whether _irk is the best offensive player in the game right now. I say he is not. He is more efficient than Kobe ( , nowadays who isn't - especially when he isn't near 100%? ), but is he better than Kobe? no and it is not even close. Even _irk would admit that.

Thread Information