View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary

9 16.98%
  • Trump

22 41.51%
  • I waste my vote on a 3rd party candidate

4 7.55%
  • I don't live in a swing state so I don't waste my time voting

6 11.32%
  • I live in a 3rd world povertyball country and can't vote

12 22.64%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was the only way to convince states to join the union b/ tiny states would never have a voice in elections otherwise.

The other option is to breakup the Unions & decentralize the gov't.
    Yup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd time since the century turned. If you're so put out get started now in a grass roots effort to change the process in time for '20.

Chop/chop!!!
    unbelievable that some archaic rules from 100 years ago or so still prevail...

To sum up your vote counts only if you live in "swing" states, if you live in Cali or Texas don't bother voting and president is elected by the minority of the voters. It is time US political system be reformed tbh... we are in 2016 for christ sake

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

To sum up your vote counts only if you live in "swing" states, if you live in Cali or Texas don't bother voting and president is elected by the minority of the voters. It is time US political system be reformed tbh... we are in 2016 for christ sake
    What, you thought "we" were just going to keep getting slaughtered every 4 years and do nothing about it? Well, frankly I thought that. Some people don't think like that. Some sit down and plan a way to beat the Celtics after they kicked our ass for decades. Magic Johnson did that. Trump, sat down and came up with a plan around the blue wall.

I never thought the Dems would make another mistake after '00. I was blessedly wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What, you thought "we" were just going to keep getting slaughtered every 4 years and do nothing about it? Well, frankly I thought that. Some people don't think like that. Some sit down and plan a way to beat the Celtics after they kicked our ass for decades. Magic Johnson did that. Trump, sat down and came up with a plan around the blue wall.

I never thought the Dems would make another mistake after '00. I was blessedly wrong.
    Trump in 2012: ""The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy,"

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i hate muslims that murder too
    You make it sound like it's just a few and that it's not a culture. Palestinian communities throw parties for suicide bombers, dude. And bringing it back to Hillary, she admitted that SA and Qatar govts (wikileaks) fund ISIS. Guess who funds Hillary? Use your brain, dude. America and the world didn't lose on Tuesday (at least relative to the alternative).

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

It's not "archaic" at all. Remember, the US isn't just one big country. It's a confederation of 50 states, all with their own unique populations, political climates and concerns. The Electoral College is in place to make sure there's more parity between the states. California, Texas and New York still have a lot of influence in the process with 122 electoral votes between them. But the system makes sure that they can't completely dominate the process at the expense of everyone else. It's actually a smart system for dealing with a population as large and diverse as ours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And we don't do that. We just dislike it when people cross the border into our country illegally, or abuse our broken immigration system in order to carry out terrorist attacks and/or spread radical religious doctrine. But people like you conflate that with "hating people because of their religion/background" because virtue signaling is more important to you than the truth.
    Arn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump in 2012: ""The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy,"
    Obviously now the EC is buttering Trumps & my bread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not "archaic" at all. Remember, the US isn't just one big country. It's a confederation of 50 states, all with their own unique populations, political climates and concerns. The Electoral College is in place to make sure there's more parity between the states. California, Texas and New York still have a lot of influence in the process with 122 electoral votes between them. But the system makes sure that they can't completely dominate the process at the expense of everyone else. It's actually a smart system for dealing with a population as large and diverse as ours.
    electoral college disproportionately benefits small states due to the senate numbers (not claiming thats why trump won) though. the electoral college system also means your vote basically doesn't count if you live in a non-swing state

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    electoral college disproportionately benefits small states due to the senate numbers (not claiming thats why trump won) though. the electoral college system also means your vote basically doesn't count if you live in a non-swing state
    But look at who the swing states are - states like New Hampshire, Iowa and Nevada that would have NO voice without the Electoral College. With the system we have now, their key role in the process forces candidates to run a national campaign instead of strictly pandering to urban centers on the coasts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But look at who the swing states are - states like New Hampshire, Iowa and Nevada that would have NO voice without the Electoral College. With the system we have now, their key role in the process forces candidates to run a national campaign instead of strictly pandering to urban centers on the coasts.
    a voter in new hampshire would have equal say to a voter in california or texas or ohio or florida

a president should serve the people, not some random geographic regions

as somebody who lives in california, wheres my voice ... donny t didnt rally here enough because he was busy pandering for people in ohio and pennsylvania. if only he pandered to me with some rallies i woulda been inspired to vote for him
    Last edited by spurraider21; 11-10-2016 at 01:28 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    a voter in new hampshire would have equal say to a voter in california or texas or ohio or florida
    Not really. Take away the Electoral College and the big states simply drown out flyover country. I know liberals are fine with that because it would greatly reduce the chance that they ever lose another election, but it's not healthy for a republic.

Bottom line: we're electing the President of the United States, not the President of California, Texas, Ohio and Florida.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. Take away the Electoral College and the big states simply drown out flyover country. I know liberals are fine with that because it would greatly reduce the chance that they ever lose another election, but it's not healthy for a republic.

Bottom line: we're electing the President of the United States, not the President of California, Texas, Ohio and Florida.
    of course you aren't electing president of california. thats why the whole country votes

instead the EC means we are electing president of florida, ohio, pennsylvania to run the whole country

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CN is seriously trying to defend the EC? It doesn't exist to protect voters. It exists to protect states, because when all that was made up, the US was a federation of states that had populations more loyal to their governors than president. States like RI thought they had a right to have their voice (NOT plural) heard, or else they may as well just leave. Now that it's established that no one can leave, it shouldn't matter. Same with the Senate, which was designed to be more of a UN than a Parliament.

The EC is archaic, and it needs to go. So does the Senate.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    The Dow Jones has skyrocketed for the 2nd day in a row, up 267 points, and is nearing record highs. This is awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand your pov and federation concept but a system that leads to a situation where a president is elected with less votes than the runner up seems crazy to me and yes "archaic". Also and again if less true after this election, in some states your vote means because state is lost or won before even starting, thats also is crazy to me.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Celebrate good times. Come on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope you don't mind sand paper..
    That too. We are sooo ed, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 person=1 vote. That's clearly the fairest way, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    today's POTUS

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Celebrate good times. Come on.
    The Grand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long do you think you'll be on Cloud 9? I see your eating grin isn't getting any smaller.

The entire 4 years? 8 years?

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How long do you think you'll be on Cloud 9? I see your eating grin isn't getting any smaller.

The entire 4 years? 8 years?
    It's been wonderful, &. Anytime I want I can go to Fox, or CNN, or, MSNBC and get my bell rung. It's been so great. Instead of waking up in the middle of the nite and thinking Spurs, or Suns, or, Lakers, I wake up and think Trump and mine enemies. I just roll over on that couch, and fall back into dreamland.

I've wanted to see those ers suffer and now I get it on a daily 24/7 basis. They're absolutely livid on CNN. And it's just starting to sink in on 'em. That's the sweet part.

Thread Information