Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a disingenuous response. You can't laugh at me for saying something positive about DeRozan once upon a time and then say DeRozan is so good that there are teams out there willing to give him big money and give up assets to get him.

You can't have it both ways, bruh. Pick a stance and stick with it.
    I didn’t laugh at you; I framed that write up in the context of you going from “he’s a star, albeit flawed” to “He has no value in a trade”. I don’t agree with that. I agree he’s a flawed star; I also think in context for certain teams he should have value.

Going back to that article/trade, I just didn’t care that he was “technically” a star. It was clear to me what SA should have done knowing they would not just sit on Kawhi. Once that was known and a trade was going to happen, they made the wrong decision then to go with DeRozan and that decision only looks worse with the benefit of time.

I also said that if you believed that he had no value despite putting up the same numbers basically as always, then how on Earth could you say pushing for the playoffs with this team was the right move? If he declined from what he once was to where he had no value? Then the right move was to get the best pick possible knowing you aren’t going to re-sign him and anything would be better than nothing in this case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando needs an iso scorer. That's their weakness. They actually need a player like DeMar

It depends on the return, but I'm not opposed to keeping Aldridge. He's still by far the best player on the team and a legit go-to guy. You can develop the young guys around him well, especially considering that we have a bunch of young guards. It helps them learn how to run a 2-man game with a Center.
    I don’t value that as much as I do asset ac ulation. If LMA can’t fetch anything? Sure. But likely like DDR, he will no re-sign with SA. So if one year worth not trading him? Not to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude if we could net Bamba..
    Orlando really is wasting him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray/ White/ Quinndary
    Lonnie/ Mills
    Johnson/ Vet/ Rookie
    Lyles/ Samanic/ Metu
    Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only move is forcing the old man out as coach (and hopefully from the front office).

They get rid of him and they're in a much, much better position going forward. Easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's something that PATFO may explore in the off-season that will pertain to big man, Nikola Mitlutinov, who is a FA this summer. Here's the story from Hoops Hype: days ago – via EuroHoops.net Olympiacos center Nikola Milutinov is becoming a free agent in the upcoming offseason. The San Antonio Spurs could be an option for the Serbian big man if Gregg Popovich’s team decides to bring him on board. For Maccabi Tel Aviv coach and former coach of Milutinov on Olympiacos Giannis Sfairopoulos, there’s no doubt that the player is NBA ready. “I think that he’s improved himself so much that it’s a question why he’s not in the NBA. I think that you can’t easily find big guys of his height who are so skilled. Who can pass, who can shoot, who can post, who can handle the ball really well. Rebounding. I think he can play in the NBA or in the top level of EuroLeague. I think now, it’s up to him to decide. For me, he’s an NBA player,” Sfairopoulos said in an interview with Serbian website Nova.

This may be something the Spurs can pursue this summer as someone who can either replace LMA next year or eventually. And I'm sure that he doesn't want a rook's salary or the vet's minimum either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's something that PATFO may explore in the off-season that will pertain to big man, Nikola Mitlutinov, who is a FA this summer. Here's the story from Hoops Hype: days ago – via EuroHoops.net Olympiacos center Nikola Milutinov is becoming a free agent in the upcoming offseason. The San Antonio Spurs could be an option for the Serbian big man if Gregg Popovich’s team decides to bring him on board. For Maccabi Tel Aviv coach and former coach of Milutinov on Olympiacos Giannis Sfairopoulos, there’s no doubt that the player is NBA ready. “I think that he’s improved himself so much that it’s a question why he’s not in the NBA. I think that you can’t easily find big guys of his height who are so skilled. Who can pass, who can shoot, who can post, who can handle the ball really well. Rebounding. I think he can play in the NBA or in the top level of EuroLeague. I think now, it’s up to him to decide. For me, he’s an NBA player,” Sfairopoulos said in an interview with Serbian website Nova.

This may be something the Spurs can pursue this summer as someone who can either replace LMA next year or eventually. And I'm sure that he doesn't want a rook's salary or the vet's minimum either.
    Think thats been the issue with him to a degree. He wants to be paid like a proven NBA talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade DDR and LMA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes and Marco simply have to go although I'm sure this can be done in face saving way a la Simmons and Boban.

Need a draft a legit SF who can guard 4 positions and use the MLE to do the same. Bring over Milutinov or use the min to get another player who isn't a guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes and Marco simply have to go although I'm sure this can be done in face saving way a la Simmons and Boban.

Need a draft a legit SF who can guard 4 positions and use the MLE to do the same. Bring over Milutinov or use the min to get another player who isn't a guard.
    You’d be lucky to get 2 of those. Marco is gone. The rest will probably not happen

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Let Bryn Forbesovich walk
    2. Tell Flopovich to hang it up
    3. Sign-and-trade DeRozan for players that can defend and shoot 3s
    4. Draft a combo forward
    5. Resign Poeltl
    6. Have all the young guys improve
    7. Don't resign Belinelli
    8. Sign a starting caliber player with the MLE

The reality is this:

1) Bryn is signed to a 4 year extension
    2) pop comes back
    3) demar is given the full max
    4) they draft a point guard
    5) they let jakob walk to the pistons
    6) young guys still get subjected to being benched after every mistake
    7) belinelli is extended to a legacy deal
    8) they use the mle to sign luc mbah a moute

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Trade DeRozan. Still think the Magic are the most logical partner. Offer him and Gay for Gordon, Fournier and Birch. I'd also consider including White for the 15th pick, depending on who's available.
    2. Trade Aldridge. Still think the Trail Blazers are the most logical partner. Offer him for Nurkic.
    3. Draft Vassell. Ideally, Haliburton is available at 11 and the former at 15. More likely, Haliburton is gone by 11 and Vassell won't last until 15. If Maledon is available at 15, consider pulling the trigger on White.
    4. Re-sign Poeltl, but not Forbes and Belinelli. Pick up Lyles' option.

Gordon/Lyles/Samanic/Metu (non guaranteed)
    Fournier/Vassell/Johnson
    Nurkic/Poeltl/Birch
    Walker/Mills
    Murray/White (or Haliburton/Maledon)

Leaves 1-2 spots plus 2 two-ways to fill out the perimeter (specifically size on the wings) with depth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Trade DeRozan. Still think the Magic are the most logical partner. Offer him and Gay for Gordon, Fournier and Birch. I'd also consider including White for the 15th pick, depending on who's available.
    2. Trade Aldridge. Still think the Trail Blazers are the most logical partner. Offer him for Nurkic.
    3. Draft Vassell. Ideally, Haliburton is available at 11 and the former at 15. More likely, Haliburton is gone by 11 and Vassell won't last until 15. If Maledon is available at 15, consider pulling the trigger on White.
    4. Re-sign Poeltl, but not Forbes and Belinelli. Pick up Lyles' option.

Gordon/Lyles/Samanic/Metu (non guaranteed)
    Fournier/Vassell/Johnson
    Nurkic/Poeltl/Birch
    Walker/Mills
    Murray/White (or Haliburton/Maledon)

Leaves 1-2 spots plus 2 two-ways to fill out the perimeter (specifically size on the wings) with depth.
    Don't trade LMA or White. And I think that is a decent team. I like Gordon. Has gone backwards a little but I think he will work well with LMA. That team is a little worse than last season. Our D better, sure, but our O worse unless White/Walker/Murray/Gordon all improve together and LMA finds some form after a long break.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop would be stupid to come back if they have no vaccine he definitely doesn’t want to be traveling all over the country.

I would listen to all offers for LMA, Rudy, and DEROZZ if you like the deal then make the trade. I want draft picks as many as possible could even be for year 2022 or 23 as long as it’s high and not protected.

I like the Italian Stallion but he is done time to put the old stud out to pasture. As far as Forbes just make glue out of him I am so done with his hand clapping pouting crap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't trade LMA or White. And I think that is a decent team. I like Gordon. Has gone backwards a little but I think he will work well with LMA. That team is a little worse than last season. Our D better, sure, but our O worse unless White/Walker/Murray/Gordon all improve together and LMA finds some form after a long break.
    Aldridge isn't staying for a re-build and is clearly Trail Blazers bound sooner than later, while White is almost 26. I'd rather a 19-20 year old, with similarities, but hopefully more assertive. As an added bonus, they don't have to pay them for 4 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge isn't staying for a re-build and is clearly Trail Blazers bound sooner than later, while White is almost 26. I'd rather a 19-20 year old, with similarities, but hopefully more assertive. As an added bonus, they don't have to pay them for 4 years.
    I don't necessary see trading DD for AG a rebuild. Sure DD is the better player by a decent margin, and the trade could be a addition by substraction. If the Spurs believe Walker in particular will make a leap, the team could be better on paper while being far better as a system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A variation of the DeRozan trade. To Hornets: DeRozan, Birch; to Magic: Rozier, Monk; to Spurs: Gordon.

I don't necessary see trading DD for AG a rebuild. Sure DD is the better player by a decent margin, and the trade could be a addition by substraction. If the Spurs believe Walker in particular will make a leap, the team could be better on paper while being far better as a system.
    I said as much months ago, but to Aldridge and probably the Spurs, it would be.
    Last edited by TD 21; 04-19-2020 at 03:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A variation of the DeRozan trade. To Hornets: DeRozan, Birch; to Magic: Rozier, Monk; to Spurs: Gordon.
    I’m good with that trade. What’s the deadline for DDR to decide on whether or not to opt in? That’s the first big domino that needs to happen

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m good with that trade. What’s the deadline for DDR to decide on whether or not to opt in? That’s the first big domino that needs to happen
    June 30th, but obviously that will be pushed back. I'm not concerned with that though.

In this scenario, I think the Hornets make this trade without any assurance of his re-signing. In the other scenario, I don't think the Magic do, but I suspect he'd be amendable to an extension with them, which could be a prerequisite to consummation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I said as much months ago, but to Aldridge and probably the Spurs, it would be.
    I'm pretty sure Malik Monk is suspended indefinitely, so it isn't likely he can be added to any trade. He's also been a huge bust in Charlotte and doesn't have a position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure Malik Monk is suspended indefinitely, so it isn't likely he can be added to any trade. He's also been a huge bust in Charlotte and doesn't have a position.
    The severity of the suspension would obviously factor in. The trade could technically be completed without him, but it'd probably be contingent on the Magic viewing him as at least still worth a flyer (only 22). If not, the only possible replacement is Bacon. They could also retain Birch.

He's an undersized SG, who's probably worn out his welcome. There was a stretch this season where he looked like he might be rounding into a serviceable bench scorer though and the Magic need shot creators, that are at least volume 3-point shooters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The severity of the suspension would obviously factor in. The trade could technically be completed without him, but it'd probably be contingent on the Magic viewing him as at least still worth a flyer (only 22). If not, the only possible replacement is Bacon. They could also retain Birch.

He's an undersized SG, who's probably worn out his welcome. There was a stretch this season where he looked like he might be rounding into a serviceable bench scorer though and the Magic need shot creators, that are at least volume 3-point shooters.
    Now, Dwayne Bacon is a guy that could be of use in San Antonio. Not sure of his contract situation and standing on the Hornets, but he would provide a lot of the Spurs are in desperate need of on the perimeter.

Just checked out Bacon's field goal percentage and it ain't pretty.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 04-21-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Thread Information