Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. I remember years ago when he had to pay like a $150M settlement out of court for fraud after misleading investors by padding their quarterly earnings
    The Gamers Nexus youtube channel got scammed by Dell ordering one of their computers. First of all Dell had an auto opt-in for a $10 a month service plan free the first month so a lot of buyers wouldn't catch it. Then they charged them $67 for their free one year warranty.

Linus Tech Tips also did one where they bought a Dell computer and had two different extended warranties the buyer said no to charged, ended up jacking up their price $366 CAD.

No one should buy Dell's . Dell is a scamming mother er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just need to build a "sports complex" in New Braunfels/San Marcos which houses the Spurs, MLB, and the NFL. Get both markets and be done with it. Light Rail from both cities to the site.

David Beat Me Up :(
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know, man. You can worry about it for the next 5-10 years or just live on with life. I’m not so attached to the Spurs because of where they play but maybe it’s harder for folks like you who depend on them to stay. I’m sorry for all the anxiety this is causing you.
    Haha. Man I never said I was going to worry about it for the next 5-10 years or that I depend on them to stay for some reason. Also didn’t say they were leaving. Merely said I don’t think it’s a good sign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just need to build a "sports complex" in New Braunfels/San Marcos which houses the Spurs, MLB, and the NFL. Get both markets and be done with it. Light Rail from both cities to the site.
    New Braunfels and San Marcos aren't going to gift the Spurs a couple billion dollars to build them a new stadium. And light rail is a forever no-go in the land of Trumpistan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Spurs can't move because they have some real estate in town? LOL Don Harris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure the city of Arlington gave the Cowboys something like $300M for their new stadium. Not a couple billion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure the city of Arlington gave the Cowboys something like $300M for their new stadium. Not a couple billion.
    The Spurs paid less than a quarter of the costs of building the AT&T Center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs paid less than a quarter of the costs of building the AT&T Center.
    The real price was its location.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what's everyone's plan when the Spurs move?

For me it comes down to where they move. If they go up the 35 to Austin I'll remain a fan. If they move elsewhere I'll prolly end my fandom.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I buy it. Monterrey always made more sense to me than Mexico City, and cracking the “Austin nut” has been on the list. Reminds me some of when the Cowboys would do training camps in South Texas. The Oilers never stood a chance at competing in the rest of the state.

The real liability continues to be the stupid location of the ATT center. Hopefully this “experimentation” puts greater focus on that travesty of a decision.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i wonder if the spurs worry about austin getting its own nba team at some point in the future.

there's more $ in austin than san antonio...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

For me it comes down to where they move. If they go up the 35 to Austin I'll remain a fan. If they move elsewhere I'll prolly end my fandom.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    austin is growing like crazy. people can't afford houses anymore ... that's how lucrative it would be for a sports franchise.

bad if you wanna buy a home, booming market for businesses.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    rc mentioned the spurs thriving in san antonio for the next 50 years... i think the san antonio spurs move to austin & the austin spurs move to san antonio.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not saying Austin is LA or NYC. Not even close to either of those. But you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Austin is more appealing to young people with money than San Antonio.
    I'm not saying it's not appealing to your typical young college graduate 20 something year old professional. I'm just saying it's not going to change the free agency game for the Spurs if they relocate their.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

IF the Spurs ever left, it wouldn’t be for anywhere other than up the road imo. Vegas and Seattle are set to get expansion franchises in the near future and the other cities I’ve heard mentioned as expansion possibilities (Vancouver, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, Tampa, Montreal, etc.) don’t make any sense. The only other city that I think can even be mentioned in the conversation would be Mexico City, and I don’t ever see that happening. It’s either San Antone or Austin. This franchise is rooted in Central Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Probably stop being a fan. It's bull these teams try to hold cities hostage.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-02-2022 at 09:13 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm not from Texas but there is a history that is associated with this team being the San Antonio Spurs. It can still be preserved if they become the Austin Spurs but if they move to some place out of Texas the name will be erased and forgotten and so will the history which will be heartbreaking. It will be like none of the championships ever existed. I'm definitely not going to root for them if they go beyond Austin because their iden y will be deleted.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin may be fancier than san antonio but overall it is a pissant little flavor of the month city

Sorry senores

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off topic but ppl who say Vancouver doesn’t make sense for an NBA team are clueless and probably don’t realize a world exists outside of their own city, let alone state.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rc mentioned the spurs thriving in san antonio for the next 50 years... i think the san antonio spurs move to austin & the austin spurs move to san antonio.

I'll spare you the animated gif and just say I sat and blinked at the screen. That couldn't really happen, could it? I mean, it almost makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 regular season games in Mexico two likely in Austin
    Why the should they play at a third world country basketball court ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off topic but ppl who say Vancouver doesn’t make sense for an NBA team are clueless and probably don’t realize a world exists outside of their own city, let alone state.
    Vancouver is an amazing city and big market. I think people feel it's off the table because the NBA failed their the first time.
    Last edited by daslicer; 05-02-2022 at 11:04 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vancouver is a amazing city and big market. I think people feel it's off the table because the NBA failed their the first time.
    They never had a chance. Only had the team for 6 years, weren't eligible to win the lottery for something like the initial 3 and never lucked into a telegenic star they could sell to casuals, a la the Raptors with Carter.

Vancouver is a smaller, nicer Toronto, with less hype and more class . . . but if/when the NBA returns to the Pacific Northwest, it'll be to Seattle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the should they play at a third world country basketball court ?
    They already play 82 games at them

Thread Information