Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a good observation. It seems now, defenders are barely closing out on him because they know he's so reluctant to shoot & wants to bulldoze his way to the rack.
    Well, if Kyle Anderson and his slow ass release can adjust, then I think Keldon can eventually too.

And people forget that teams now have a scouting report on Keldon (unlike the bubble when he caught opponents by surprise, IMO) and know to play Keldon for the drive. He needs to make the appropriate adjustments and definitely not be hesitant to shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    two screens and a foul line pull up.

that is winning basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop addresses the elephant in the room.... Lyles' minutes going poof from last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin has a future in MMA if basketball doesn't work out with that back tattoo.

San Antonio Spurs
    spurs
    6m
    cold tub after a home dub

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop addresses the elephant in the room.... Lyles' minutes going poof from last year
    Dude got a raw deal but did look bad during the limited preseason.

If any roster changes happen then he'll likely get another chance (or his "spot" back), but you gotta understand his anger and/or frustration when he's fighting for his NBA career.

And no one would like to sit while their dream job is possibly slipping away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fourth quarter was nice but I get the feeling that Minnesota rather went into tank mode.

Johnson and Walker were horrible. I would rather have Vassell play more minutes than Lyles getting some.

Spurs International Expert gilmor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fourth quarter was nice but I get the feeling that Minnesota rather went into tank mode.

Johnson and Walker were horrible. I would rather have Vassell play more minutes than Lyles getting some.
    Watched the game.. Lyles was pretty darn good tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah he was solid in this one ... no doubt ... its just personal preference here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the worst NBA players have the rare night they look decent

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I believed it was a right move to reduce Lonnie and Johnson's minutes this is the 1st year they are playing heavy minutes at NBA level. Without a proper pre-season conditioning and extra physical plays fighting for rebounds, they are due for ac ulative fatigue. All they need now is some recharge, hopefully this up coming 2 day rests will benefit them greatly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude got a raw deal but did look bad during the limited preseason.

If any roster changes happen then he'll likely get another chance (or his "spot" back), but you gotta understand his anger and/or frustration when he's fighting for his NBA career.

And no one would like to sit while their dream job is possibly slipping away.
    Last night was the first time he flashed signs of his play from last season. Sadly, he's just the odd man out in a packed rotation.

Say what you will about Aldridge, Gay, Walker, etc...Lyles should not be getting minutes over any of them. The only person who he could potentially bump from the rotation would be Vassell, and that would be a tragedy.

I would rather lose some games and let Devin get experience than give his minutes to Lyles for a couple more Ws.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night was the first time he flashed signs of his play from last season. Sadly, he's just the odd man out in a packed rotation.

Say what you will about Aldridge, Gay, Walker, etc...Lyles should not be getting minutes over any of them. The only person who he could potentially bump from the rotation would be Vassell, and that would be a tragedy.

I would rather lose some games and let Devin get experience than give his minutes to Lyles for a couple more Ws.
    I don't know, if he hustles and plays complementary basketball like last night where he is decisive and makes good decisions, I am totally on board for him getting some minutes from Rudy. I like Rudy in general, but not so much for the team to neglect assessing a young player. If the team sees enough in Lyles to resign him for an affordable contract, I'd much prefer that to a bloated contract for Rudy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We had no business winning last night against Minnesota. I have no clue how the Spurs pulled it off. Their asses were in check all night. Talk about a choke job from Minnesota.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree with all of that, Dex. I just meant that it has to be tough since he showed good progress (better rebounding effort, playing within the offense, less "gunning" & flashed some passing ability) last season in comparison to his flaming out (badly) in Utah & Denver.

He definitely doesn't "deserve" anything and has too many better options in front of him. That could change with injuries or any possible transactions that could occur. He needs to stay ready and continue to show good comaraderie (for lack of a better word) with his teammates.

We've seen guys act a fool or pout like babies in a similar situation to what he's going through (i.e. Stephen Jackson & Ron Mercer) so it's refreshing to see him remain upbeat and supportive.

And hopefully he flashes more of his play from post - all star break last seasom cause that is definitely a type of shooter + rebounder we can use (off the bench).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is that "stupid," goofy?

He's terrible on defense and barely even attempts to rebound a ball. He's fallen off a cliff production wise and buying him out wouldn't hurt cause he's expiring.

He can sign on with a contender and the team can see if Poeltl has more games like this (and less like in the bubble) in him.

You know, fully embracing a youth movement means shedding less useful and productive veterans. So far, LaMarcus has looked like the most expendable of the four.
    Because even if he has been crap to start the season, he's still miles better than Eubanks or Lyles. He's also expiring so you just let him walk in the summer.

There's literally no benefit to buying him out unless you think doing so helps the Spurs tank hard for a higher pick. And by the time they decide to even go that route, there will be 7-8 teams much higher than them in the lottery race.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest they gave that game to us they looking at getting a top 3 pick nothing better screw with that chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because even if he has been crap to start the season, he's still miles better than Eubanks or Lyles. He's also expiring so you just let him walk in the summer.

There's literally no benefit to buying him out unless you think doing so helps the Spurs tank hard for a higher pick. And by the time they decide to even go that route, there will be 7-8 teams much higher than them in the lottery race.
    God, you are dumb. Gives more minutes to Poeltl and Eubanks, frees up a roster spot for one (or two) prospects who could break out in the G - League to be signed, allows Aldridge (if the team isn't in playoff contention) to sign on with a contender &, yes, could assist in getting us a better draft position.

All viable reasons to buy him out and move on if the team is eliminated from the play - in game sooner than hoped, but it likely won't happen cause Pop will do everything to return to the playoffs.

This is literally something that is done on an annual basis (by non - contending teams), yet your dumbass is acting like there is some risk or harm involved.

And the Spurs did the exact same thing with DeMarr Carroll last season, he had more years and money attached to his buy - out.

And that is not even mentioning his terrible defense and lack of effort on the glass thus far. I doubt he'd garner much of any interest alone on the trade market, has clearly begun a sharp decline in production and likely isn't in the team's long - term plans.

Again, more reasons why if things go south and a trade can't happen buying him out is a reasonable & viable option.

Just not to an idiot, trolling poster that brings little to no substance to this board like yourself.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 02-04-2021 at 03:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with all of that, Dex. I just meant that it has to be tough since he showed good progress (better rebounding effort, playing within the offense, less "gunning" & flashed some passing ability) last season in comparison to his flaming out (badly) in Utah & Denver.

He definitely doesn't "deserve" anything and has too many better options in front of him. That could change with injuries or any possible transactions that could occur. He needs to stay ready and continue to show good comaraderie (for lack of a better word) with his teammates.

We've seen guys act a fool or pout like babies in a similar situation to what he's going through (i.e. Stephen Jackson & Ron Mercer) so it's refreshing to see him remain upbeat and supportive.

And hopefully he flashes more of his play from post - all star break last seasom cause that is definitely a type of shooter + rebounder we can use (off the bench).
    No arguments here. By all accounts, it sounds like he is being professional about it and trying to stay ready. That's all you can ask, and he definitely deserves credit for that at least.

LMA and Aldridge are both getting old, so if either one misses extended time, the window opens up for Lyles to prove himself. Can't say I have high hopes, but would love if he could prove me wrong.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LMA and Aldridge are both getting old
    True

True

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We had no business winning last night against Minnesota. I have no clue how the Spurs pulled it off. Their asses were in check all night. Talk about a choke job from Minnesota.
    Minnesota has a draft pick they're trying to hold on to. If their pick is lower than 3, they owe it to Golden State.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest they gave that game to us they looking at getting a top 3 pick nothing better screw with that chance.
    The wolves fans would rather win than get a top 3 pick.

Thread Information