Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Man...right in the feels. Highly recommended.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The preview for it even goes right to it. I've been avoiding it until I'm in the mood for this kind of doc

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    The preview for it even goes right to it. I've been avoiding it until I'm in the mood for this kind of doc
    Where's it at, Blake?

ADDENDUM:::Just looked it up and it's not on my Netflix, but on Prime Video which I do not have.

SOB!!!

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This one was a BIG surprise for me. I’ve never paid much attention to Val Kilmer, I’ve seen probably 4 of his movies (slept like a rock through Top Gun ). I LOVE hearing people’s background stories and this is one great story. The reality/misery of his life now is heartbreaking but his personal strength and deep connection with his son is truly touching. It has stayed with me longer than any other movie or tv show I’ve seen this summer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The Batman movies he played in were utter , but he was an underrated Bruce Wayne tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This one was a BIG surprise for me. I’ve never paid much attention to Val Kilmer, I’ve seen probably 4 of his movies (slept like a rock through Top Gun ). I LOVE hearing people’s background stories and this is one great story. The reality/misery of his life now is heartbreaking but his personal strength and deep connection with his son is truly touching. It has stayed with me longer than any other movie or tv show I’ve seen this summer.
    He was in one of the worst movies I ever saw. Hard Cash with Christian Slater. It was so bad that I wonder if it was a big troll job.

I recommend it just for how bad it is.

One scene, they're trying to steal some stuff out of a house. So they stop by the house and this pregnant chick asks to use the restroom and the owner lets her.
    When she gets to the bathroom, it's revealed that she's carrying a dwarf under her dress. So he pops out and stays in the bathroom. Where can he hide you ask. Later that night, he pops up out of the toilet

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I still remember him as Madmartigan from Willow and the better-than-today CGI in the late '80s with him turning into a pig.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What made it great is all the video footage he took and kept over the span of his life. The doc basically made itself.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I watched Top Secret in prepping for watching this doc. He was a bit awkward in it but you can still see flashes of him owning the screen.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I watched Top Secret in prepping for watching this doc. He was a bit awkward in it but you can still see flashes of him owning the screen.
    Christ-a-mighty, boy, this is the first cogent post you've made since I retur...I mean since I can't remember when it's been so gd long.

Congratulations, fart face.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I still remember him as Madmartigan from Willow and the better-than-today CGI in the late '80s with him turning into a pig.
    I like Willow, but I suggest you watch it again if you think that statement is true.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Top Secret was awesome. This scene sums up how I felt about college perfectly.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I like Willow, but I suggest you watch it again if you think that statement is true.
    Willow was very well done for its time. Another movie from around the same time... The Witches (yes, I know it's a kid's movie per se). How many good human-animal transformation scenes have you seen since say 2000 honestly? Regardless of whether it's a movie, a TV show like Charmed or Buffy, or netflix. It's always uber cheaply done these days. Like a bunch of smoke covers the affected character and the scene cuts to the spectators with gasps on their faces and then next thing you know you're looking at an animal. Half the time you don't even see the clothes on the floor, as if the person -AND- their clothes got transformed into a naked animal.... super lame and ignorant of small but important details, like today's Madden games vs. ESPN NFL 2K5.

Thread Information