Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sjax sucked, I mean really sucked last year. He was playing like game 6&7 Manu every game last year. He clearly hadn't gotten over his wife's miscarriage.
    Who knows,he didn't play much but he lived for the big games

Sjax was coming off a year where he was the ONLY NBA player in the 50-40-90 club for the 2013 playoffs

Sjax shot 53.5% from the field,60.5% from 3pt and 93.3% from the line

Sorry you can't convince me that having McGrady instead of Sjax on the court made any sense at all

PRESSURE baby!

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at all you dumb s for picking Manu over Monta at this stage

Monta is a good playmaker and a shot creator, while he's no Tony Allen on D he's not a serious liability either. I'd pick him over TOSB Manu.

I don't care what Manu did in the past, I want Spurs to win the 5th, if it meant kicking Manu to the curb, I'd be all for it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Monta is a good playmaker and a shot creator, while he's no Tony Allen on D he's not a serious liability either. I'd pick him over TOSB Manu.

I don't care what Manu did in the past, I want Spurs to win the 5th, if it meant kicking Manu to the curb, I'd be all for it.

Don't be such a hater. Truth is not allowed here. This is your first warning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In a vacuum, Monta is the better player overall at this stage in their careers. No doubt.

The thing with Monta is that he's ball dominant and needs to get his shots. So, whose shots would you sacrifice so he gets his? Kahwi? Duncan? Tony?... Manu barely takes 6 or so shots a game these days, he's largely a facilitator.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monta I'd a waste of flesh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol sons.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15.1 PER, he gone fishin already. Richard Jefferson 2.0 for 3 more years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was always an idiotic premise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even without hindsight tbh. OP's a got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnny RIngo and Leetonidas get your asses over here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh I said nothing that wasn't true. I'm not a Manu hater like some around here, I just think overall Ellis is currently a better player (is it really that horrible to say he's better than a 36 year old version of Manu?) and I know y'all mofos wanna look at this series and say told you so! but the Mavs only have two scorers and the Spurs were focused on stopping them while Dallas' defense was never good and no one could guard Manu effectively.

Never said he'd better for our needs or that he was a god tier player better than prime Manu, just that he's currently better overall than old ass Manu. Series didn't really change my mind tbh when Spurs defense let up on him, he made us pay plenty of times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15.1 PER, he gone fishin already. Richard Jefferson 2.0 for 3 more years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh I said nothing that wasn't true. I'm not a Manu hater like some around here, I just think overall Ellis is currently a better player (is it really that horrible to say he's better than a 36 year old version of Manu?) and I know y'all mofos wanna look at this series and say told you so! but the Mavs only have two scorers and the Spurs were focused on stopping them while Dallas' defense was never good and no one could guard Manu effectively.

Never said he'd better for our needs or that he was a god tier player better than prime Manu, just that he's currently better overall than old ass Manu. Series didn't really change my mind tbh when Spurs defense let up on him, he made us pay plenty of times
    The thing is that no, Monta isn't a better player than 36 years old washed up Manu, if you look at stats how they're suppossed to be looked at it's easy to see. He isn't a better player in general and much less for the Spurs. What kind of role would you give a chucker of Monta's caliber on the Spurs system?

Everybody talks about how great Monta was this year but if you look at his stats they are rather mediocre, the worst Manu season in the NBA is better than Monta's season this year. That's why I find it funny when people say that Monta is better than Manu or that we should have signed him over Ginobili.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread crossed my mind last series... solid bump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy, you really were keen to move on from Dallas, weren't you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not saved son.

In a vacuum, Monta is the better player overall at this stage in their careers. No doubt.

The thing with Monta is that he's ball dominant and needs to get his shots. So, whose shots would you sacrifice so he gets his? Kahwi? Duncan? Tony?... Manu barely takes 6 or so shots a game these days, he's largely a facilitator.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm with Lee on dat one, Spurs were planning most of their defense to stop him, he has been a poison for us this serie because of the D attention he was drawing which let open guys like Harris.
    Mavs did not plan anything particular on Manu, Manu's merit has been to make them pay, props to tosb Manu to make pay teams that don't respect him. I'm pretty sure Portland will do different which may open the game for others and then Manu haters will be all over this saying Manu is done forgetting D focusing on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with Lee on dat one, Spurs were planning most of their defense to stop him, he has been a poison for us this serie because of the D attention he was drawing which let open guys like Harris.
    Mavs did not plan anything particular on Manu, Manu's merit has been to make them pay, props to tosb Manu to make pay teams that don't respect him. I'm pretty sure Portland will do different which may open the game for others and then Manu haters will be all over this saying Manu is done forgetting D focusing on him.
    Mavs played Manu the same way they played Tony yet for most of the series, young, in-prime, stud Tony ted the bed big time, tbh.
    Last edited by DAF86; 05-05-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't expect logic to matter. I don't always agree with you, but your posts are basically well thought out and rational. Manu will be exposed just like last year, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't expect logic to matter. I don't always agree with you, but your posts are basically well thought out and rational. Manu will be exposed just like last year, too.
    salty
    'livin on a prayer'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If your logic is that Monta is better than Manu then your logic is flawed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs didn't focus their D to stop Ellis at all. It took them until Game Five to even hedge aggressively. They pretty played everyone the same, with the difference being which defenders Pop used on individual Mavs. The Spurs consistently destroyed Monta when they put Green on him and had Splitter hedge. No other Spur even had to think about leaving their men at that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs played Manu the same way they played Tony yet for most of the series, young, in-prime, stud Tony ted the bed big time, tbh.
    Tony played his ass off yesterday though in game 7, I don't get how you can be a fan of a team and constantly argue over two players and down the other (Both sides). I think most are not a true fan of the TEAM doing that, just of the player from their country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony played his ass off yesterday though in game 7, I don't get how you can be a fan of a team and constantly argue over two players and down the other (Both sides). I think most are not a true fan of the TEAM doing that, just of the player from their country.
    Brazil and me have years doing this, we know what we're doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you bringing Parker on that conversation ? dear god you are restless... I'm giving props to Manu who had a better serie than Parker overall. I just disagree on the way you see Ellis, Ellis messed up with Spurs Defense all serie.

Mavs plan was to break ball movement and let the big 3 beat them one on one, I believe Pop wanted to find to maintain ball movement despite of that which is part of our struggle along with Parker running out of gas in the second halfs and ting the bed like you say. Game 7 you could see strategy changed, it was much more you take what they are giving you. It ended up pretty well for the Spurs.

Thread Information