My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garbage fan ^^^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter frustrated by nagging hip injury

Tiago Splitter is frustrated.The Hawks center will miss his second straight game and ninth of the season Wednesday due to a right hip injury.
    -“Not good,” Splitter said when asked how he was doing hours before the Hawks are to play at the 76ers.Splitter made the trip to Philadelphia even though he was ruled out on the team’s injury report Tuesday. Splitter said it is the same injury that cost him seven games in November and early December. He confirmed that his hip has nagged him since returning and that it flared up again after playing at the Heat Sunday. Splitter, who also missed four games with a calf injury, said he continues to get daily treatment. He could miss additional games. The Hawks host the Pacers Friday.
    http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/bas...-injury/nqJKF/

Another bout of "hip injury" sidelining him for god knows how many games..Can you imagine having to rely on this body with Timmy knee issue this season?

It is sad for Tiago, but this remains one of PATFO greatest moves in terms of figuring the exact expiry date of one player as a Spur..

Believe.
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    get him back on the cheap- the D would be unstoppable

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    get him back on the cheap- the D would be unstoppable
    D-Worst might be a ty defender, but he won't miss games due to a sore vadge.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    D-Worst might be a ty defender, but he won't miss games due to a sore vadge.
    Availability is the best ability.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Another bout of "hip injury" sidelining him for god knows how many games..Can you imagine having to rely on this body with Timmy knee issue this season?

It is sad for Tiago, but this remains one of PATFO greatest moves in terms of figuring the exact expiry date of one player as a Spur..
    The Cavs will sign Nene to replace Mozgov this upcoming summer & then sign Tiago in 2017.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Availability is the best ability.
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said this several times during the offseason: even if Aldridge doesn't end up being as good as people hope, there will be a clear improvement just from the fact that he can give us 30+ mpg for 70+ games a season, whereas Tiago is giving you 20 mpg for 50 games. People were worried about the defense falling off due to replacing Splitter with Aldridge, but it comes down to "would you rather have a good defender for 2500 minutes a season or a great defender for 1200 minutes a season?". It's even more lopsided now considering Aldridge has shown he can be not just a good defender, but a great one.

Splitter, when healthy, is a great player and I'd love to have him back on the team as a bench guy. But relying on him as a starter and the only true big outside of a 40 year-old Duncan is an absolute recipe for disaster. As always, PATFO showed great foresight and made the right move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said this several times during the offseason: even if Aldridge doesn't end up being as good as people hope, there will be a clear improvement just from the fact that he can give us 30+ mpg for 70+ games a season, whereas Tiago is giving you 20 mpg for 50 games. People were worried about the defense falling off due to replacing Splitter with Aldridge, but it comes down to "would you rather have a good defender for 2500 minutes a season or a great defender for 1200 minutes a season?". It's even more lopsided now considering Aldridge has shown he can be not just a good defender, but a great one.

Splitter, when healthy, is a great player and I'd love to have him back on the team as a bench guy. But relying on him as a starter and the only true big outside of a 40 year-old Duncan is an absolute recipe for disaster. As always, PATFO showed great foresight and made the right move.
    Great????

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More a more that trade proved to be a blessing. Coach Bud REALLY did us a solid picking up Splitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm having a hard time understanding the bitterness towards Splitter. Yeah, he was injury prone but when he was healthy he was a perfect fit into our system. Also, he was a very likable guy off the court - never ed other teammate's wives or had altercations in bars. Hope he does well in Atlanta. Wouldn't mind seeing him back in SA after his contract is up.
    A lot of SpursTalk posters have played professional ball and did not miss games when they were pro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lost in all this "Lol Splitter" talk is the fact that the dude's career essentially ended before he was 30. He only had like four years in the NBA. And that's said. Tiago was a huge part of the team's resurgence, and without him, there's probably no LMA, since Tim would have retired years ago. He deserves more respect that he's getting from Spurs fans, for sure, especially considering that he isn't even on the team anymore.

So the Spurs got all of his good years, and people want to rag on him for being bad after the team dumped him for free and signed a better player. It's just bizarre.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lost in all this "Lol Splitter" talk is the fact that the dude's career essentially ended before he was 30. He only had like four years in the NBA. And that's said. Tiago was a huge part of the team's resurgence, and without him, there's probably no LMA, since Tim would have retired years ago. He deserves more respect that he's getting from Spurs fans, for sure, especially considering that he isn't even on the team anymore.

So the Spurs got all of his good years, and people want to rag on him for being bad after the team dumped him for free and signed a better player. It's just bizarre.
    I respect Tiago, but he's made of glass.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Splitter, No Championship. Would have lost to the Mavs and despite sweeping the Grizz, every freakin game was close.

Guy was a top 3 one-on-one post defender in the league. Funny thing is, the guys I thought were the best, Splitter, Noah, and Chandler have just been injury plague the past couple of season. Makes you wonder why guys like Drob, Hakeen, Shaq, Zo, Mutumbo, etc. could play hard D in the post and not be injured year in and year out.
    Last edited by Cowboys_Wear_Spurs; 02-04-2016 at 12:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I respect Tiago, but he's made of glass.
    He pulled the Spurs from a downward spiral and helped the team to a ring and fell apart. Don't get why that's funny. That's what I'm saying.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think its funny.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many stupid trolls on ST bashing good players...but that's their job...they are angry low-level wankers complaining about random stuff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He pulled the Spurs from a downward spiral and helped the team to a ring and fell apart. Don't get why that's funny. That's what I'm saying.
    Still wish it didn't take Pop 2 years to play him.

Spurs' ceiling would have been a lot higher had he started Splitter in 10-11' and 11-12', who knows what could have happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A persistent hip injury to Tiago Splitter will also factor into the Hawks' strategy as sources say the reserve center is seeking opinions and considering surgery. Whatever his course of treatment, Splitter will be out for an extended period. His absence is very problematic for a Hawks team that ranks last in the league in rebounding rate, and is thin on its front line.
    Damn Tiago might go under the knife..Dude looks near done..

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...trade-deadline

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Tiago might go under the knife..Dude looks near done..

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...trade-deadline
    As a Spurs fan who wanted him to do well and liked him for some of his time IN SA when he played this sucks for him. I hope he recovers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang. Poor tiago. That hawks team has had the worse luck in 2015. Danny ferry must have put some major voodoo on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang. Poor tiago. That hawks team has had the worse luck in 2015. Danny ferry must have put some major voodoo on them.
    Bud's a straight-awful GM. Dude essentially wasted two 15th-overall picks and traded the 16th-overall pick from the prior year. The best player the team has drafted recently was Ferry-picked Schoder (17th overall). And it was Ferry who brought in Millsap and brought back Korver. Ferry kept Teague. I'm honestly speechless as to how bad Bud's been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bud's a straight-awful GM. Dude essentially wasted two 15th-overall picks and traded the 16th-overall pick from the prior year. The best player the team has drafted recently was Ferry-picked Schoder (17th overall). And it was Ferry who brought in Millsap and brought back Korver. Ferry kept Teague. I'm honestly speechless as to how bad Bud's been.
    Nah Ferry did quite a poor job in the draft. Remember that Ferry was the GM during 3 drafts (12,13 and 14).

In 3 straight drafts, Ferry wasted 2 mid 1st round picks(Jenkins and Payne) and only drafted 1 decent guy (Schroder). Bud only took over as Presidente of BB Oper in 2015 and he actually fixed Ferry's mistake by trading Payne (who's a bust) for a future Minny 1st and then proceded to get 2 2nd round picks by trading down 4 spots in the draft.

In hindsight, we could argue that Ferry made a mistake by trading the rights of Jerian Grant for Hardway Jr, but at the time, I honestly think it was a move worth the risk.

He still has that future Minny 1st, 2 future 2nds and Hardaway Jr. Not the best work ever, but far from being awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah Ferry did quite a poor job in the draft. Remember that Ferry was the GM during 3 drafts (12,13 and 14).

In 3 straight drafts, Ferry wasted 2 mid 1st round picks(Jenkins and Payne) and only drafted 1 decent guy (Schroder). Bud only took over as Presidente of BB Oper in 2015 and he actually fixed Ferry's mistake by trading Payne (who's a bust) for a future Minny 1st and then proceded to get 2 2nd round picks by trading down 4 spots in the draft.

In hindsight, we could argue that Ferry made a mistake by trading the rights of Jerian Grant for Hardway Jr, but at the time, I honestly think it was a move worth the risk.

He still has that future Minny 1st, 2 future 2nds and Hardaway Jr. Not the best work ever, but far from being awful.
    That THJ isn't playing pretty much erases his value. The Minny first will likely become a second in a couple of years. So now you have two Wizards seconds, which could be low if the team picks itself up and a Minny first that may not convey for two years of 15th-overall picks. And don't forget trade Noguiera and Williams away for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That THJ isn't playing pretty much erases his value. The Minny first will likely become a second in a couple of years. So now you have two Wizards seconds, which could be low if the team picks itself up and a Minny first that may not convey for two years of 15th-overall picks. And don't forget trade Noguiera and Williams away for nothing.
    Too early to say anything about THJ.

Splitter, who was supposed to be ready to take Atlanta's front-court to the next level has been terrible in Atlanta too even when healthy (words from a Hawks fan friend of mine). I'd give them 1 more year in Atlanta before coming with any conclusions.

Minny's 1st only become 2 2nd round picks in 2020. Minny could very well be a playoff team in the next couple of years, especially considering their young core. Still, even if Minny screws up once again, 2 2nds are way better than Payne. Again, Payne was Ferry's mistake, not Bud's.

Ferry was the GM when Atlanta traded Nogueira and Lou for cap space, not Bud.

Thread Information