My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is a next level penetrator, just ask the Barry's

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker was lucky Steph curry is made of glass and was playing injured that 2013 series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With how Mills is playing, Green..simmons, old Manu would actually lose minutes since Pop would be forced to play mills in his natural SG position. Making us virneable defensively.
    Without Tim this team is vulnerable defensively regardless. Now if only the options included Prime Timmy ...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got locked up by thabo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker was lucky Steph curry is made of glass and was playing injured that 2013 series.
    injured my ass. Curry just got shut down by LDN while Kawhi shut down Klay. That was the reason the Spurs took over the series following Game 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Tim this team is vulnerable defensively regardless. Now if only the options included Prime Timmy ...
    Its still a top 10 team defensive team...they can really play elite defense specially with Dedmon-Green-Leonard all in the same floor.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    injured my ass. Curry just got shut down by LDN while Kawhi shut down Klay. That was the reason the Spurs took over the series following Game 2.
    He got injured trying to juck danny. I know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its still a top 10 team defensive team...they can really play elite defense specially with Dedmon-Green-Leonard all in the same floor.
    Top 10 on defense is nowhere near enough unless the offense becomes more fluid and unpredictable. If they keep with the same offense as last year and this year so far they won't get past the second round (or even the first if they see Houston or Utah).

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying to think of an elite player Ginosebleed outplayed in the playoffs... can't think of one. Only role players come to mind.

MVParker otoh has an impressive resume in the golden age of PG's..

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying to think of an elite player Ginosebleed outplayed in the playoffs... can't think of one. Only role players come to mind.

Getting cucked by a one legged player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting cucked by a one legged player.
    lol deflecting

answer the first paragraph

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Porker's playoff resumé:

Might as well have all the data in one place.

Just look at the dropoff in every advanced metric from season(RS) to post-season(PS).

19.0 PER RS
    16.9 PER PS

.147 WS/48 RS
    .085 WS/48 PS

109 ORtg RS
    103 ORtg PS

.550 TS% RS
    .515 TS% PS

32.7% Assist Percentage RS
    27.7% Assist Percentage PS

1.2 BPM RS
    0.2 BPM PS
    This season's choke:

16.2 PER RS
    15.1 PER PS

.142 WS/48 RS
    .099 WS/48 PS

108 ORtg RS
    103 ORtg PS

.546 TS% RS
    .499 TS% PS

29.1% Assist Percentage RS
    32.8% Assist Percentage PS (wow, he actually improved at something in the playoffs for once!)

0.1 BPM RS
    -0.5 BPM PS
    I've covered all this before. Absolute numbers distort relative impact. How about we organize the top 5 assist list by assists per game:

12.3 - Magic
    10.1 - Stockon
    8.8 - Nash
    8.0 - Kidd
    5.2 - Parker

Parker's not in the same tier as those guy as a playmaker.

You brought up the top 10 points list. Lets look at the playoff efficiency(true shooting percentage) of all the players on that list(up to Tony) and see how Parker stacks up:

.568 - Jordan
    .571 - Kareem
    .541 - Kobe
    .565 - Shaq
    .550 - Duncan
    .526 - Malone
    .577 - Lebron
    .541 - Jerry West
    .498 - Havlicek
    .551 - Bird
    .515 - Parker

Everybody on that list has scored a lot of points in the playoffs on good efficiency. Except for the three bolded players. These three stand out as being considerably less efficient than the others. Malone is a reputed choke artist in the playoffs. His low efficiency reflects that. Parker's another one. Just more proof that these two are the biggest choke artists in post-season history.

How about we compare Parker's .515 TS% to other great PGs past and present:

.595 - Magic
    .568 - Stockton
    .583 - Nash
    .578 - Billups
    .577 - Paul
    .515 - Parker

Poor Tony isn't even close. Then again, TP never was an elite point guard.
    Addressing the "Big 3" myth:

Spurs won three les in five years from 2003-2007. Here's the playoff stats for all the Spurs rotation players in that time period:

Tim and Manu are the only two players with:

20+ PER
    6+ BPM
    10+ win shares
    .200+ WS/48(DRob also qualifies for this but he only played in 2003)

These two guys were dominant - by far the two best players on the team. They were pretty much the Shaq/Kobe of the Spurs. Everybody else was a role player. No idea where the big three nonsense came from. Duncan and Manu were a Big Two back then.
    What a ing cancer - those percentages come playoff time is nauseating.

2002 playoffs:

4-11 (36%) vs Sonics LOSS
    6-18 (33%) vs Sonics LOSS
    5-14 (35%) vs Lakers LOSS
    6-15 (40%) vs Lakers LOSS

2003 playoffs:

2-13 (15%) vs Suns LOSS
    1-8 (12%) vs Lakers LOSS
    6-17 (35%) vs Lakers LOSS
    7-18 (38%) vs Lakers LOSS
    3-11 (27%) vs Mavs LOSS
    1-12 (8%) vs Nets LOSS

2004 playoffs:

4-12 (33%) vs Lakers LOSS
    7-18 (38%) vs Lakers LOSS
    7-23 (30%) vs Lakers LOSS
    4-18 (22%) vs Lakers LOSS

Had to stop after 2004 - too exhausting/depressing looking at all those ty shooting numbers from Enrique.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    O . CN going in raw.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, Manu's playoff resumé:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVParker owned Curry in the playoffs already

Prime Manure went toe to toe with RIP Hamilton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVParker is Top 10 all time in NBA history in playoff points.... Top 5 in assists

best guard to ever wear a spurs uniform

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker, because it fills a bigger need, but I don't think either would fully make up for our utter incompetence at the guard position.

The 1, 2 punch of having both prime Parker and Manu at the same time is what made us so good(outside of Tim, obvs).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker, because it fills a bigger need, but I don't think either would fully make up for our utter incompetence at the guard position.

The 1, 2 punch of having both prime Parker and Manu at the same time is what made us so good(outside of Tim, obvs).
    Having one or the other would catapult the Spurs to favorites to win it all tbh. Either would provide a steady 18-20 PPG while creating shot opportunities for themselves/others that this team currently just can not do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of Parker or Ginobili would fully make up for whatever Guard need this team has...

Seriously..We're talking about guys that finished top 10 in MVP votings and were legit All-NBA players.

Pop just has to play Parker or Ginobili around 32-33 minutes, nothing silly like 29 or some .

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, Manu's playoff resumé:

Quite clowning your pants and start licking your wounds from that Newton tongue lashing! Parker has 3,385 points, 1,112 assists and 612 rebounds throughout his playoff career compared to Manu's 2,903 points, 772 assists and 820 rebounds. Do you really expect the smallest guy on the court to be grabbing rebounds?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony. PG is a huge need. The team is already stacked with wings (when Kawhi should be playing 40 minutes in the playoffs unless it's a blowout) and a very limited Manu (unless he goes Kirby with his shooting) is good enough for the bench. MVParker meantime can boost your points in the paint to compensate for Softdrige and Gasoft and this team has a lot of good shooters in the SL. LDN would spring back to life and Kawhi would get the chance to be set up for a change on occasion....

If he goes too much hero that's when you go to Kawhi and bring up Mills off the bench.

I just think the hole at PG is so huge right now and the team looks so much better when Tony is playing well, that you'd get more in this current team from MVParker.

You are liable to bang your head UNT style instead if you had prime Manu and still saw washed up Tony playing the PG spot in the playoffs and you know Pop would do it...

I didn't see Manu in his true prime though. That's a loss for me, maybe I'd change my tune if I had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Quite clowning your pants and start licking your wounds from that Newton tongue lashing! Parker has 3,385 points, 1,112 assists and 612 rebounds throughout his playoff career compared to Manu's 2,903 points, 772 assists and 820 rebounds. Do you really expect the smallest guy on the court to be grabbing rebounds?
    Tony. PG is a huge need. The team is already stacked with wings (when Kawhi should be playing 40 minutes in the playoffs unless it's a blowout) and a very limited Manu (unless he goes Kirby with his shooting) is good enough for the bench. MVParker meantime can boost your points in the paint to compensate for Softdrige and Gasoft and this team has a lot of good shooters in the SL. LDN would spring back to life and Kawhi would get the chance to be set up for a change on occasion....

If he goes too much hero that's when you go to Kawhi and bring up Mills off the bench.

I just think the hole at PG is so huge right now and the team looks so much better when Tony is playing well, that you'd get more in this current team from MVParker.

You are liable to bang your head UNT style instead if you had prime Manu and still saw washed up Tony playing the PG spot in the playoffs and you know Pop would do it...

I didn't see Manu in his true prime though. That's a loss for me, maybe I'd change my tune if I had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To tell you the truth either or and I would take it, both would benefit this team majorly right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a bias, so I voted and I'm not going to badmouth Tony to make my point. If Manu wouldn't be an option, I would certainly take prime Parker, tbh...

Thread Information