Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ESPN article regarding "most influential players" list Kobe 12th, a number he hasn't been able to shake. Then it goes on to talk about the rape.

No link per Lefty

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Actual quotes:

"As a young player, Bryant had a knack for... annoying traditionalists with his self-centered play, later known as Hero Ball."

"In 2003, Bryant was charged with sexual assault in Colorado -- the charge was eventually dropped when the accuser declined to testify, Bryant issued an apology and the parties settled a civil suit out of court."

"This aspect of his personality led to clashes with O'Neal, and their feud contributed to O'Neal's departure in a trade to Miami, making Bryant the sole face of the Lakers. In 2007, after the Lakers failed to build a contender, he angrily requested a trade, but reversed course after the Lakers acquired Pau Gasol in 2008 and won les in 2009 and 2010, declaring himself a Laker for life."

"Kobe created a devoted cult of fans that often seemed to care more about him, his jerseys and his shoes than his team."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...l-players-ever

I'm surprised KobESPN allowed so many facts to be published about their golden boy, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Meanwhile...

"The résumé of five championships, two MVP awards, 15 All-Star selections and a 20-season record of incomparable consistency represent only a fraction of Duncan's quiet influence on the game he mastered. He also was the spiritual leader of basketball's most admired organization."

"SHAQ! Just the man's name evokes a sense of glee."

"James changed the paradigm for what a basketball prodigy was, and there still hasn't been anyone quite like him since."

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    lol another Kobe thread. Very original.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Weird how you went from being the biggest Kobe hater on your Michael Jordan. troll account to being a Kobe apologist, tbh.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Weird how you went from being the biggest Kobe hater on your Michael Jordan. troll account to being a Kobe apologist, tbh.
    It was a shtick that was funny for a while. Kobe is retired now. Like retired 2 years ago? You sure talk alot about somebody who is "overrated". Get your own shtick.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Btw CN, funny how you went from a Jordan lover, to tear down Kobe, and then went to a Jordan hater, to prop up LeBron. You are a human pogo stick.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Btw CN, funny how you went from a Jordan lover, to tear down Kobe, and then went to a Jordan hater, to prop up LeBron. You are a human pogo stick.
    Jordan is better than Kobe and not better than LeGOAT. That isn't an inconsistent opinion at all.

Meanwhile, you went from hating Kobe to making every excuse in the book for him, blaming everyone other than him for the decline of the Lakers, and whining every time he's mentioned negatively.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Jordan is better than Kobe and not better than LeGOAT. That isn't an inconsistent opinion at all.

Meanwhile, you went from hating Kobe to making every excuse in the book for him, blaming everyone other than him for the decline of the Lakers, and whining every time he's mentioned negatively.
    Right on cue you pop up with a Harlem take. Shameful.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Considering he was an overrated chucker who never won anything without a HOF big man and HOF coach, allegedly raped, threw teammates and coaches under the bus, publicly feuded with his own parents, gave himself his own brand nickname, held his franchise hostage, financially crippling their flexibility and ability to rebuild in his declining years, alienated teammates, coaches, the media, other players in the league, precipitated the worst stretch of seasons in the history of the iconic Lakers franchise, egotistically glorified his own exit with another all time chuckfest and mic... umm... gentle lay down, tweets pretentious advice and encouragement to players after retiring, and self-fellates any time cameras are in distance, how the is such a piece of work even on a “most influential” list? How is such a fraud of a player, lame as a person even 12th on the list? More like 112th, amirite?

Why do current players like LeBron and PG and Russ and Steph and Klay cite him as not only a legend but a guy they look up to? Why did the very guy he snitched on, Shaq, still kiss his ass in a tv segment enough to wonder if Shaq actually knows what it tastes like? Why two years after retirement do fans of other teams still get so incited by the thought of the guy that it continues to fuel their hatred well after his expiration date? For all his faults as player, person, teammate, husband, son, some of you stupid little mother ers can’t stop posting about him, let alone stop thinking about him. The saddest part about Kobe being on a most influential list isn’t that he’s 12th and should be higher or lower or off the list altogether. No. The saddest part is that some of you -asses actually care either way.

Lame ass posters stay on his every chance they can get...

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He should actually be #2 or #3 most influential.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Right on cue you pop up with a Harlem take. Shameful.
    What? How is that post a "Harlem take"?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Why do current players like LeBron and PG and Russ and Steph and Klay cite him as not only a legend but a guy they look up to? Why did the very guy he snitched on, Shaq, still kiss his ass in a tv segment enough to wonder if Shaq actually knows what it tastes like?
    Because of this part:

"Kobe created a devoted cult of fans that often seemed to care more about him, his jerseys and his shoes than his team."

By pandering to Kobe, they're all hoping that Kobe's stans will view them favorably by association and buy their jerseys, buy their shoes, follow them on social media, etc. Don't forget, Kobe's huge in China, so other players attaching their names to his is a good way to get involved with that market. It's a business move.

Why two years after retirement do fans of other teams still get so incited by the thought of the guy that it continues to fuel their hatred well after his expiration date?
    It works both ways. Just because Kobe retired doesn't mean his stans and the media have stopped overrating him. By your logic, we should never discuss any player after they retire. But that's just not a reasonable expectation in a sport like basketball where histories and legacies are such a big deal.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Timmy Cuck @ 24

You would think the so called "best PF of all time" would have more influence than that

They put Jim at 24 in honor of his playoff daddy

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It was a shtick that was funny for a while. Kobe is retired now. Like retired 2 years ago? You sure talk alot about somebody who is "overrated". Get your own shtick.
    This ...Kobe aint living rent free its like they paying the nicca to plow their Becky's ...
    Lebron having an amazing 15th year was listed above Magic Bird etc but Kobe gets his own thread ...smh two years after he retired.
    BTW on that list Duncan was 24th ...but i didnt make a thread bout it ...but honestly i get the angle ...its why Dirk, Nash Steph are rated so high ...they did things to change the NBA ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This ...Kobe aint living rent free its like they paying the nicca to plow their Becky's ...
    "You guys are obsessed"

Says Lakers fans who login to a Spurs Forum every single day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    salt pouring in lol

thread is successful

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

ESPN article regarding "most influential players" list Kobe 12th, a number he hasn't been able to shake. Then it goes on to talk about the rape.

No link per Lefty
    Splits help tbh

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actual quotes:

"As a young player, Bryant had a knack for... annoying traditionalists with his self-centered play, later known as Hero Ball."

"In 2003, Bryant was charged with sexual assault in Colorado -- the charge was eventually dropped when the accuser declined to testify, Bryant issued an apology and the parties settled a civil suit out of court."

"This aspect of his personality led to clashes with O'Neal, and their feud contributed to O'Neal's departure in a trade to Miami, making Bryant the sole face of the Lakers. In 2007, after the Lakers failed to build a contender, he angrily requested a trade, but reversed course after the Lakers acquired Pau Gasol in 2008 and won les in 2009 and 2010, declaring himself a Laker for life."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...l-players-ever

I'm surprised KobESPN allowed so many facts to be published about their golden boy, tbh.
    Scottie Pippen may have been the forerunner for 1B's; but Kobe redefined how 1B's were seen as 1A type players. Curry took notes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan being number is a joke. I read through all 100 players and there are huge consistencies around why they are ranked the way they are but generally it’s about how they impact how the player contribute to the style of the game and how the player controvutee to social causes. Jordan influenced the game for the worse with hero balling and his social stance was appalling. The narrative changed the to how to run your own brand as a business. Which was t even a criteria Ip till that point. But then if it was is the article saying a player earning billions and inspiring others to do so (really, I need someone to influence me to be rich) is more important that standing up for social issues.

Shaq didn’t really influence the game in the sense that there really isn’t another shaq. It’s a joke that Phil Jackson Steve Kerr and D’Antoni made the list for their coaching and yet tomjonavich who really is the first coach to legitimize the three as a weapon didn’t.

Same deal with wilt. I don’t know what he has done for civil rights and such. Unlike players like Russell and jabbar.

Robinson, giving millions upon millions to child education is somehow not influential. At least they didn’t put in Karl Malone as knocking up 12 year olds isn’t really an influential thing.

The list was horrible and just another way to put Jordan as number one.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan being number is a joke. I read through all 100 players and there are huge consistencies around why they are ranked the way they are but generally it’s about how they impact how the player contribute to the style of the game and how the player controvutee to social causes. Jordan influenced the game for the worse with hero balling and his social stance was appalling. The narrative changed the to how to run your own brand as a business. Which was t even a criteria Ip till that point. But then if it was is the article saying a player earning billions and inspiring others to do so (really, I need someone to influence me to be rich) is more important that standing up for social issues.

Shaq didn’t really influence the game in the sense that there really isn’t another shaq. It’s a joke that Phil Jackson Steve Kerr and D’Antoni made the list for their coaching and yet tomjonavich who really is the first coach to legitimize the three as a weapon didn’t.

Same deal with wilt. I don’t know what he has done for civil rights and such. Unlike players like Russell and jabbar.

Robinson, giving millions upon millions to child education is somehow not influential. At least they didn’t put in Karl Malone as knocking up 12 year olds isn’t really an influential thing.

The list was horrible and just another way to put Jordan as number one.
    ABC's of selling, bro. There's money in Jordan; ESPN gets that.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Considering he was an overrated chucker who never won anything without a HOF big man and HOF coach, allegedly raped, threw teammates and coaches under the bus, publicly feuded with his own parents, gave himself his own brand nickname, held his franchise hostage, financially crippling their flexibility and ability to rebuild in his declining years, alienated teammates, coaches, the media, other players in the league, precipitated the worst stretch of seasons in the history of the iconic Lakers franchise, egotistically glorified his own exit with another all time chuckfest and mic... umm... gentle lay down, tweets pretentious advice and encouragement to players after retiring, and self-fellates any time cameras are in distance, how the is such a piece of work even on a “most influential” list? How is such a fraud of a player, lame as a person even 12th on the list? More like 112th, amirite?

Why do current players like LeBron and PG and Russ and Steph and Klay cite him as not only a legend but a guy they look up to? Why did the very guy he snitched on, Shaq, still kiss his ass in a tv segment enough to wonder if Shaq actually knows what it tastes like? Why two years after retirement do fans of other teams still get so incited by the thought of the guy that it continues to fuel their hatred well after his expiration date? For all his faults as player, person, teammate, husband, son, some of you stupid little mother ers can’t stop posting about him, let alone stop thinking about him. The saddest part about Kobe being on a most influential list isn’t that he’s 12th and should be higher or lower or off the list altogether. No. The saddest part is that some of you -asses actually care either way.

Lame ass posters stay on his every chance they can get...
    Cool story

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    12. Uhh ok. What is 12 to me?

Kobe. I don’t give a damn about that piece of , pretentious, attention .

Point was why are there people who hate him still obsessing over and talking about him?

He’s irrelevant now. Let him go.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

im like 80% sure this is kate fabers account tbh

Thread Information