Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I predicted he would be really productive for the Spurs. Glad he is starting to show it.
    dumb

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the opportunity to improve his game slipped through their hands I guess.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Jeff stunk playing in Phoenix last year, he was crying as he left the floor. Tim put his arm around him and walked him off the floor and back to the locker room.
    never should have played in college, let alone the nba. 10 ppg at 6'8 in high school. sad

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted this guy cut after his first season on the team. I have no idea why he was even on the team last season. The Spurs should have eaten his contract and given that roster spot to another player like JaMychal Green that may have actually helped the team more on the court. You know, someone with more potential or a decent prospect should have had his roster spot.

I'm not going to be messing around this season. If I see anyone on the team that shouldn't be there, I'm going to be a lot more blunt about it. I don't want the Spurs having and/or keeping anymore players like Ayres that are so blatantly bad just because they have a guaranteed contract when they can be trying out players that can actually help them or have more potential to help them on the court.

Bonner is someone I'm going to be looking at very closely. It's early, but I'm feeling that he probably shouldn't even be on the roster this season when that spot can be used for either an older vet that can contribute more on the court or a young prospect. We'll see if he can regain his shooting, but if his shooting is as bad as last season or worse, he should be cut and that spot used on someone that can be more helpful to the team on the court.
    Last edited by Ice009; 10-03-2015 at 03:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy who forget Kawhi was on the team brought him on the team is all you need to know

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy who forget Kawhi was on the team brought him on the team is all you need to know
    The fact that he recommended Ayres to the team clouded my opinion on him and his coaching for most of the time that he was here. I'm a little glad that both are gone, but that might not be fair to Jim Boylen because when I think of him, I think of him recommending and playing a big part in bringing Jeff Ayres to the team more than the incident of him forgetting to put Kawhi in the game. He might be a good coach, but Ayres was so freaking bad, I just can't give Boylen any props at all (even if he was a good coach).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still better option at PG than Porker...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that he recommended Ayres to the team clouded my opinion on him and his coaching for most of the time that he was here. I'm a little glad that both are gone, but that might not be fair to Jim Boylen because when I think of him, I think of him recommending and playing a big part in bringing Jeff Ayres to the team more than the incident of him forgetting to put Kawhi in the game. He might be a good coach, but Ayres was so freaking bad, I just can't give Boylen any props at all (even if he was a good coach).
    He was terrible. Terrible in the NBA. Terrible in College. Terrible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was terrible. Terrible in the NBA. Terrible in College. Terrible.
    I didn't realize that he sucked at other levels until I read what your wrote in the other thread. Wow. I guess teams thought he had tools that they could work with. Too bad he sucked, seems like a good guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, this got got paid millions of dollars for being tall and clapping. He's more useless than Jack Haley, who the Spurs kept on to hold Rodman's leash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted this guy cut after his first season on the team. I have no idea why he was even on the team last season. The Spurs should have eaten his contract and given that roster spot to another player like JaMychal Green that may have actually helped the team more on the court. You know, someone with more potential or a decent prospect should have had his roster spot.

I'm not going to be messing around this season. If I see anyone on the team that shouldn't be there, I'm going to be a lot more blunt about it. I don't want the Spurs having and/or keeping anymore players like Ayres that are so blatantly bad just because they have a guaranteed contract when they can be trying out players that can actually help them or have more potential to help them on the court.

Bonner is someone I'm going to be looking at very closely. It's early, but I'm feeling that he probably shouldn't even be on the roster this season when that spot can be used for either an older vet that can contribute more on the court or a young prospect. We'll see if he can regain his shooting, but if his shooting is as bad as last season or worse, he should be cut and that spot used on someone that can be more helpful to the team on the court.
    JaMychal Green definitely has a lot more talent. PATFO didn't make the tough decision. However, I think they also wanted Green to take a one year contract to have flexibility this year.

The background though is that Spurs wanted Kyle Korver.... Korver's wife didn't want to move, so Spurs got Belinelli and Ayres for the same amount.

So if there's anyone to really blame, blame then Kyle Korver's wife.

Spurs of course could have waived Ayres in his first year and have Baynes play with more minutes.
    Last edited by ceperez; 10-03-2015 at 11:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot the blue font. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JaMychal Green definitely has a lot more talent. PATFO didn't make the tough decision. However, I think they also wanted Green to take a one year contract to have flexibility this year.

The background though is that Spurs wanted Kyle Korver.... Korver's wife didn't want to move, so Spurs got Belinelli and Ayres for the same amount.

So if there's anyone to really blame, blame then Kyle Korver's wife.

Spurs of course could have waived Ayres in his first year and have Baynes play with more minutes.
    We should have introduced Tony to Korver's wife to seal the deal..............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man we got hosed by that dumbass Boylen..dude can't even find a niche in China ..glad him and his "mentor" got the out of here..

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see the dumbf*cks at Pounding the making a "Bring Back Ayres!" pe ion letter to the Front Office. For one reason or another those "fans" loved that useless player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should have introduced Tony to Korver's wife to seal the deal..............
    PATFO dropped the ball on this one!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm not going to be messing around this season. If I see anyone on the forum thinking their little fits of rage will have ANY effect on PATFO, I'm going to be a lot more blunt about it.

Dude, you are a complete tool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another player for the "better than Jimmer" list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be merged with the Jimmer Fredette thread.

Wait!!! At least Ayers got a call-up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another player for the "better than Jimmer" list.
    LOL. Your internet speed must be better than mine. You keep beating me by seconds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least this thread is about an NBA player.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GM Doc

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they dump Josh Smith and replace him with Jeff Ayres.

Well at least Ayres knows something about Spurs sets.

Thread Information