Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 has a stacked team, can't do with it. He had a good team in New Orleans, couldn't do with it. Steve Nash was a good offensive PG, couldn't defend a hair on my balls. CP3 is a better defender than either TP or Nash, but CP3 is just a regular season hero. You folks who think he's more than that are sorely mistaken. You don't choke that many times unless you're a fugazi.
    This to me is the biggest black mark against CP3. He choked against OKC in '14 which was a series the Clippers should have won if it wasn't for his inep ude in the final 2 minutes of game 5. He also choked against the Rockets in '15 when they were up 3-1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 has a stacked team, can't do with it. He had a good team in New Orleans, couldn't do with it. Steve Nash was a good offensive PG, couldn't defend a hair on my balls. CP3 is a better defender than either TP or Nash, but CP3 is just a regular season hero. You folks who think he's more than that are sorely mistaken. You don't choke that many times unless you're a fugazi.
    straight up made me laugh lol I don't know what a fugazi is lol and I am scared to look it up.

Ppl do forget young Tony was simply amazing.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    cp3's coaches: byron scott, vinny del negro, doc rivers.

nash was a masterful pg while in phoenix.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Ppl do forget young Tony was simply amazing.
    you weren't even a fan when tony was young

Tim Duncan is the GoAT Ginobili3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 15. Magic, Robertson, CP3, Kidd, Nash, Stockton, Frazier, Isiah Thomas, Gary Payton & AI are all better. He's in that 2nd tier with Steph, Westbrook, Penny etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic, Zeke, Big O, Stockton, Kidd, Cousy, Payton, Fraizer, Archibald, Nash, CP3. Which one of those are you for sure putting Parker ahead of?
    I'd put him on par with Payton, Frazier, Archibald, and ahead of Nash and CP3 when you consider their body of work.

Top 15. Magic, Robertson, CP3, Kidd, Nash, Stockton, Frazier, Isiah Thomas, Gary Payton & AI are all better. He's in that 2nd tier with Steph, Westbrook, Penny etc.
    I assume your top ten is ordered? If so, having CP3 that high isn't really tenable. And Stockton below Nash? John could do everything Nash could on O, and was an All-Defensive Team defender, while Nash was a joke on D. Stockton made the Finals twice, Nash and CP3 can't do it once. Frazier, also doesn't deserve to be that high. Neither does AI if you factor in ego and off-court issues. He wouldn't be worth the trouble after his prime.

Jerry West also played a lot of point. He often is listed as a two, but he could also make the list as a one, I think.
    Last edited by BillMc; 10-02-2016 at 05:11 AM.

Tim Duncan is the GoAT Ginobili3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume your top ten is ordered? If so, having CP3 that high isn't really tenable. And Stockton below Nash? John could do everything Nash could on O, and was an All-Defensive Team defender, while Nash was a joke on D. Stockton made the Finals twice, Nash and CP3 can't do it once. Frazier, also doesn't deserve to be that high. Neither does AI if you factor in ego and off-court issues. He wouldn't be worth the trouble after his prime.

Jerry West also played a lot of point. He often is listed as a two, but he could also make the list as a one, I think.
    It isn't lol, was just listing off names.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn't lol, was just listing off names.
    Ok, bro. My bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cp3's coaches: byron scott, vinny del negro, doc rivers.

nash was a masterful pg while in phoenix.
    Lebron's coaches... Tyronn Lue, Mike Brown, Eric Spoelstra, white guy who's name I cannot recall.

The question isn't who had the best coaches. Doc Rivers didn't turn the ball over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iverson wasn't a PG.

It depends on what you use to rank PGs. If you use assists he's no where close to the top. If you use the fact he has a finals MVP and 4 rings as a starting PG, then he's in the conversation. If you consider PGs that could break down a defense and score at will and fast break 1 on 3 successfully most of the time, that's TP. Prime TP was a beast.
    Whether Iverson was a PG or not, I'd take Tony over AI 24-7. Iverson's hands had more "stickum" than Jack Tatum's.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bad for the last pick of the first round, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd put him on par with Payton, Frazier, Archibald, and ahead of Nash and CP3 when you consider their body of work.

As I commented above, back in the day, the guard position was not nearly as specialized as it has become. Both Frazier and West were really combo guards. (My favorite backcourt of all time is probably Frazier/Monroe - both really combo guards.) But if you look up career stats for all of these guys, each one would be a very good/great PG - especially West and Payton (another all-time personal favorite). I personally take West, Frazier and Payton over Tony. But I would take Tony over Archibald.

Actually, this thread has been a surprising eye-opener for me. I began reading it with a subconscious skepticism that Tony belonged in the discussion. But he clearly does. I would not put him in the top ten - especially if you include some of the combo guards from back in the day. But I probably would place him in the next 10 - possibly in 11-15.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    price > parker imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derek Fisher anyone? **crickets**

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derek Fisher anyone? **crickets**
    No. LOL! But on my list of "Players You Hate Who You Would Like to Have on Your Team" he ranks pretty high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think somewhere in the 15 - 20 range is probably fair. An argument could be made for him cracking the top 15 though for sure.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you weren't even a fan when tony was young

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Lebron's coaches... Tyronn Lue, Mike Brown, Eric Spoelstra, white guy who's name I cannot recall.

The question isn't who had the best coaches. Doc Rivers didn't turn the ball over.
    most posters here acknowledge that cp3 ranks higher than tony. you rank tony higher?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is in another stratosphere than Tony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 50 probably. Might even have an argument for Top 45 imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most posters here acknowledge that cp3 ranks higher than tony. you rank tony higher?
    I don't rank players. I just credit people who are successful and fault those who aren't, after each has had their opportunity to do things their way including where they play and who they play under/with. Tony wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is in another stratosphere than Tony.
    There's only one stratosphere, idiot.

If you think CP3 is on a higher level, it's certainly not the jewelry level. Tony is one of the most successful PGs in the history of the NBA. So then it must be the stats and NBA 2K attributes.

Todays NBA fans..

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's only one stratosphere, idiot.

If you think CP3 is on a higher level, it's certainly not the jewelry level. Tony is one of the most successful PGs in the history of the NBA. So then it must be the stats and NBA 2K attributes.

Todays NBA fans..
    It's a saying got. I'm not surprised you don't understand English, cuck.

Tim Duncan would have a 6peat with CP3. No ing lie. Even the Spurs wanted to dump Tony in 2003.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jason Kidd saved this cuck's whole legacy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a joke right?

Thread Information