Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter's half way to 29 years old.. I seriously doubt he improves that much more as a player. I can't see him developing a good jump shot all of a sudden. Plus, like ^ said, if he starts knocking that down that's literally all he will shoot, and that just won't be good for anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't need a jumper we need him to bully small ball pf in the post and he won't ever be able to do it, his rebounding won't get better either.
    He was fine going up against the Memphis bigs.

I'd prefer that Tiago DOESN'T develop a jumper because then his soft ass will settle for it 10 times out of 10
    Splitter's half way to 29 years old.. I seriously doubt he improves that much more as a player. I can't see him developing a good jump shot all of a sudden. Plus, like ^ said, if he starts knocking that down that's literally all he will shoot, and that just won't be good for anyone.
    That's like saying that if Danny Green learns to finish, he'll stop shooting threes. Splitter had a jump shot in Europe and still focused on the PnR. Literally, the only thing the jump shot would do is make him harder to guard. Instead of Miami being able to pounce on him in the post, they'd have to worry about him sliding out to the wing instead. That would have made all of the Heat's rotations more difficult, and it would have prevented Bosh from helping as much as he did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. I don't like getting my hopes up.

Would love to see Robinson on the team. Perfect atmosphere for him to excell.
    Hearing the Spurs PA, Sean, and Bill call up the name Robinson would give me chills thinking about The Admiral.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter hasn't hit his ceiling yet. He can definitely develop a mid-range shot, which would allow him to either roll or pop after screening. Before people pretend like he can't, know that he used to have one in Europe. I'm sure if he focuses on that this off-season, he'll be a pretty reliable one. And if people try to say that just because he did that in Europe doesn't mean he can do it in the NBA, recount that he was actually a good free-throw shooter in Europe before he came to the States and sucked it up for a year until he worked on it and became good again.
    Nice. I thought I remembered that he used to have a J. That would make a huge difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was fine going up against the Memphis bigs.
    Yeah he was fine on defense, defense and passing are his two biggest strengths but he has basically no post game on offense and is a weak rebounder so it's extremely hard to keep him on the floor vs small ball units.

A sick David West was 10 times better vs Miami.

Bottom line he was really useful in one series in 3 years... It's not good no matter how you put it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he was fine on defense, defense and passing are his two biggest strengths but he has basically no post game on offense and is a weak rebounder so it's extremely hard to keep him on the floor vs small ball units.

Bottom line he was really useful in one series in 3 years... It's not good no matter how you put it.
    It was the opposite: He was useful in all but one series. He was good against the Lakers the first three games. His mobility really helped against the Warriors. And his post defense came up big again in Memphis.

Splitter is a fine offensive big in the PnR. He may even be the best in the league at it. The only thing that can limit it is its predictability. If Splitter got a jumper, then the defense wouldn't know where he was going to go after he set the pick, and the help would be a lot slower on his rolls. There are tons of reasons why Duncan was better in the pick-and-roll than Splitter, but the biggest one was him having a reliable jumper.

None of that excludes him getting post moves, though. He certainly is still young enough to develop those, especially now that he has two new big-man coaches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was the opposite: He was useful in all but one series. He was good against the Lakers the first three games. His mobility really helped against the Warriors. And his post defense came up big again in Memphis.

Splitter is a fine offensive big in the PnR. He may even be the best in the league at it. The only thing that can limit it is its predictability. If Splitter got a jumper, then the defense wouldn't know where he was going to go after he set the pick, and the help would be a lot slower on his rolls. There are tons of reasons why Duncan was better in the pick-and-roll than Splitter, but the biggest one was him having a reliable jumper.

None of that excludes him getting post moves, though. He certainly is still young enough to develop those, especially now that he has two new big-man coaches.
    He had a negative plus minus in the Lakers series and was pretty much the worst player for the Spurs, he was useful at the end of the Warrior series but the Memphis series is pretty much his only good one in 3 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Splitter's got some post moves. He just needs to refine them and get chances to use them. There was a point in '12 where he was scoring pretty well in the post.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He was too predictable. The Heat figured out when he got the ball in the post he was going to pass. Ironically non of the other teams figured that out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The notion that the Spurs are going to "outbid" other teams for Robinson is folly. I'm not sure that the Spurs would do anything this off season if not for the fact that they have renegotiation obligations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The notion that the Spurs are going to "outbid" other teams for Robinson is folly. I'm not sure that the Spurs would do anything this off season if not for the fact that they have renegotiation obligations.
    The rumor is the Spurs upped the offer on him. The Spurs must see something they like in Robinson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rumor is the Spurs upped the offer on him. The Spurs must see something they like in Robinson.
    Again, dont believe everything you read.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link?

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from hoopshype:

Sam Amico: Bulls or Spurs have improved offer for Rockets F Thomas Robinson, I'm told. Cavs may be left out at the end. Twitter SamAmicoFSO

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see that on his twitter anywhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was posted yesterday on twitter. It's in this thread already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who was it that upped the offer, us or Chicago?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah whats with the use of the word "or" lol...

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see that on his twitter anywhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from hoopshype:

Sam Amico: Bulls or Spurs have improved offer for Rockets F Thomas Robinson, I'm told. Cavs may be left out at the end. Twitter SamAmicoFSO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we could Sign T-Rob, and Aminu. I'd be very happy with this off-season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 8s
    The Houston Rockets continue to shop Thomas Robinson. They want to dump his contract to free up money for their pursuit of top free agents.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston owes us a solid because of Scola. But I'm not convinced Robinson will turn out to be anything other than a dud. In other words, hope we don't give up anything significant.

Crowned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's good, if true. I'm just convinced that other teams leak the Spurs name all the time, just to drive up other team's interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we could Sign T-Rob, and Aminu. I'd be very happy with this off-season

Agreed. Would be worried about back up SG however.

Thread Information