Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count

Remember when people thought this scrub was better than Wentz because he managed the game on a stacked team?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    CN piling it on

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Remember when people thought this scrub was better than Wentz because he managed the game on a stacked team?
    C'mon man it's not his fault he doesn't have his game shark running back and line no more.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So when Dak has an elite oline, rushing attack, and weapons at receiver, he's a game manager. When wentz has the same thing AND an elite defense, he's the MVP. Got it.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So when Dak has an elite oline, rushing attack, and weapons at receiver, he's a game manager. When wentz has the same thing AND an elite defense, he's the MVP. Got it.
    Truth bomb.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    "rushing attack" like you'd take blount and ajayi over zeke. Also Dak has the same receivers he had last year, ironically he's also pretty much throwing the same amount of deep balls

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    "rushing attack" like you'd take blount and ajayi over zeke. Also Dak has the same receivers he had last year, ironically he's also pretty much throwing the same amount of deep balls
    I'd take them over Morris and Smith for sure.......Dak didn't start sucking until Zeke got suspended

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Cowboys abandoning Romo. Karma.

Post Count

Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dez - ZERO 100+ yard games this year. His receivers aren't getting open, and he is forcing everything to Witten and checking down. The playcalling has been atrocious.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Dez - ZERO 100+ yard games this year. His receivers aren't getting open, and he is forcing everything to Witten and checking down. The playcalling has been atrocious.
    It's a little bit of both. Dak is definitely getting exposed without Elliott. I think he's playing scared and too afraid to turn the ball over. Say what you will about Romo, it seemed like he was under a mountain of scrutiny literally every week yet he would come back the next and usually play a good game while sticking to his gunslinger mentality. His mental toughness was off the charts.

And there's no question Dez has dropped off. The few times he does get a chance to make a play on a deep ball, he squanders it by mistiming or outright dropping the ball. If that's the case, all Dallas has at wideout are chain movers. IMO, they might need to think about getting a Tyreek Hill type player somewhere in the draft. There's just no big play potential right now.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Cowboys abandoning Romo. Karma.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's a little bit of both. Dak is definitely getting exposed without Elliott. I think he's playing scared and too afraid to turn the ball over. Say what you will about Romo, it seemed like he was under a mountain of scrutiny literally every week yet he would come back the next and usually play a good game while sticking to his gunslinger mentality. His mental toughness was off the charts.

And there's no question Dez has dropped off. The few times he does get a chance to make a play on a deep ball, he squanders it by mistiming or outright dropping the ball. If that's the case, all Dallas has at wideout are chain movers. IMO, they might need to think about getting a Tyreek Hill type player somewhere in the draft. There's just no big play potential right now.
    Preaching to the choir - I was a huge fan of Romo. He gave everything he had (literally broke his back for the team) and tough as nails. I think Dez has to go tbh his sideline tantrums and demanding the ball is starting to enter Terrell Owens territory. OC playbook needs an overhaul and Carrot needs to make better adjustments at half-time. Cowboys are losing the game in the 3rd quarter consistently.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Preaching to the choir - I was a huge fan of Romo. He gave everything he had (literally broke his back for the team) and tough as nails. I think Dez has to go tbh his sideline tantrums and demanding the ball is starting to enter Terrell Owens territory. OC playbook needs an overhaul and Carrot needs to make better adjustments at half-time. Cowboys are losing the game in the 3rd quarter consistently.
    like THAT , Will Hunting said, CarrotBot is going to get a 2nd pass at a botched season where a key guy goes down, and he turns the team into the Cleveland Browns because of his inability to adjust. That's been his MO and for whatever reason, Wade Phillips got fired after only two Romo-less fests in 2010, but Garrett seems to get a free pass every time. If I remember right, Wade's teams lacked discipline at the end of his tenure, but I guess that's a deal breaker whereas CarrotBot's inability to adjust to any sort of change is A-ok in Jones' mind.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    he's just not that good.

Post Count
    We doing that "great white hype" thing with Wentz yet or nah?

Dak. Picked up Marriotta this week in FF, Dak almost cost me my game last week, looks like Marcus couldn't do any worse than if i would have started Dak this week.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    like THAT , Will Hunting said, CarrotBot is going to get a 2nd pass at a botched season where a key guy goes down, and he turns the team into the Cleveland Browns because of his inability to adjust. That's been his MO and for whatever reason, Wade Phillips got fired after only two Romo-less fests in 2010, but Garrett seems to get a free pass every time. If I remember right, Wade's teams lacked discipline at the end of his tenure, but I guess that's a deal breaker whereas CarrotBot's inability to adjust to any sort of change is A-ok in Jones' mind.

Post Count
    Dak is still learning and that insane season he had set the expectations too high. He will be fine. I have no idea why Dallas is not leaning on Alfred Morris more. I get that they are behind, but they need to lean on Morris and let Dak run more as well.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Lost some Olinemen, in addition to some injuries on the Oline that stayed basically healthy last year....
    Sean Lee, gone...

When you got no LT it's usually a good idea to run the ball a bit more and not fall behind immediately.

The Cowboys have illustrated what an OL can do for a young promising QB. Now this young guy has to carry a team without a top RB, top OL, and mediocre group of receivers. Not good.

And, run the ball. Your D is getting exposed by the 3 & outs on incompletions and TOs.

Post Count
    Lost some Olinemen, in addition to some injuries on the Oline that stayed basically healthy last year....
    Sean Lee, gone...

When you got no LT it's usually a good idea to run the ball a bit more and not fall behind immediately.

The Cowboys have illustrated what an OL can do for a young promising QB. Now this young guy has to carry a team without a top RB, top OL, and mediocre group of receivers. Not good.

And, run the ball. Your D is getting exposed by the 3 & outs on incompletions and TOs.
    Not sure I'd call Dez, Beasley, and Whitten mediocre.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    he's just not that good.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Where was Jared Goff last season? And if ya remember Wentz sucked late in the season. Why don't you rookies stop acting like ..know nothings...ok? It takes some time to get it down as an NFL QB, ok? Yep, Russell Wilson, Big Ben are not the norm. Why not slow down with all the silliness and give all these young QB's*** some time......well?

Funny how I argued the value of the running game/running backs and read....bull , it's a passing league. THEN....Wilson can't win without Lynch, Prescott can't win
    without......hahahahaha~~~~~~~

*** do any of you ever check out how Elway, Montana, Peyton, Favre, Rodgers etc did early in the career?

Prescott's first two seasons are better than a whole gang of Hall of Fame QB's, go ahead check into it.
    Last edited by Avante; 11-27-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It will be funny revisting this thread once Prescott starts rolling again.

When do you people figure this stuff out and stop over reacting to everything? A SECOND YEAR QB.....ok?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    My all time fav....

A few seasons ago the Chiefs totally beat up the Pats, something like 41 to 14ish. All we read was....

TOM BRADY IS DONE....THE PATS ARE DONE.

Need I go on? (how many SB's since then?)

Thread Information