Weight: 245 lbs. / 111,1 kg.
    College: Alabama
    Years Pro: 12

info

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    part of me prefers him over wallace. wallace has the height and length advantage though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    denver mcdyess

i would want him then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had a fantastic rebounding season. Also played well in the playoffs. To preserve the 2010 plan, I'd be happy with a one-year offer at near the MLE for him.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I'd prefer him over Wallace actually.

Plays tough defense and gobbles up the rebounds. He doesn't have the 3 point shot but he's got a sweet mid range game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd prefer him over Wallace actually.

Plays tough defense and gobbles up the rebounds. He doesn't have the 3 point shot but he's got a sweet mid range game.
    so would I, I love the way McDyess plays.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had a fantastic rebounding season. Also played well in the playoffs. To preserve the 2010 plan, I'd be happy with a one-year offer at near the MLE for him.

And a bigman in the mold pop likes. Also a big you can leave on the court against Dallas

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mcdyess doesn't have the shotblocking ability wallace has. a duncan-wallace frontcourt would practically shut down the paint. mcdyess has more reliable offense but the spurs need to improve the defense. not to say he isn't an above average defender, just that wallace has the extra element of shotblocking and weak side help. spurs' defense is slipping, this will be a bigger priority.

You Are All My Bitches Morg1411's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get him!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ditto.

He's a 'Spurs quality' player. I think the knock on him a few years ago was his injury, but he seems to be pretty healthy these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ditto.

He's a 'Spurs quality' player. I think the knock on him a few years ago was his injury, but he seems to be pretty healthy these days.
    +1 i dont know but i have the feeling that he's destined to be a spur

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted him to sign with the Spurs when he got cut. I like what he brings as a veteran.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we can sign him I will sh1t my pants, and yes I like him over Sheed.

Think about it, with him we beat the mavs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring in Dice! I wanna see him get a ring and he will be better than Kurt Thomas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kurt Thomas and McDyess can win a ring together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dice> Sheed on the Spurs... he'd be an upgrade over Thomas...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would get us nowhere...why don't more people realize this? What the makes you think Antonio McDyess will get us past the Lakers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The obvious top MLE target now.

1 Parker
    2 Ginobili
    3 Jefferson
    4 Duncan
    5 McDyess

That's a solid starting lineup. Plenty of scoring and should be very good on the boards. Round out the playoff rotation with Hill, Mason, Bowen (should be back), and a serviceable big (maybe Radoslav).

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably near the top of my wish list too...and probably more attainable than Sheed. Timvp is right. We need to be on his doorstep on July 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs actually were to use the MLE on a player I wouldn't mind McDyess at all, but I'd hope they'd look to Wallace first.

Wallace on a 1 to 2yr. MLE is a lot more appealing to me because of the way he'd spread the floor for Tim and keep the lane more open for Parker, Jeff, and Ginobili. His ability to play the bigger front line players in the league (i.e. Yao, Shaq, Howard, etc.) is something this team could surely use with the departure of Thomas, and Duncan the only guy left capable.

Wallace might be a moot point, since I seem to remember hearing something about him wanting 8M, but I also remember him expressing a desire to play in S.A., so maybe he'd change his tune.(Probably wishful thinking, though)

I'd definitely be down with Dyess on the Spurs, he'd just be my second option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now we really need McDyess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does Wallace spread the floor that much more than McDyess? Plus you also have to factor in that Wallace shot a full 10% less than McDyess from the field last season and averaged 2.5 less boards a game than McDyess. McDyess' 20 foot J will help spread the floor as much as Wallace hanging around the perimeter for most of the game. Wallace also seems to fall in love with jacking up 3s. If it's Wallace or nobody, perhaps, but between the two you go with McDyess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does Wallace spread the floor that much more than McDyess? Plus you also have to factor in that Wallace shot a full 10% less than McDyess from the field last season and averaged 2.5 less boards a game than McDyess. McDyess' 20 foot J will help spread the floor as much as Wallace hanging around the perimeter for most of the game. Wallace also seems to fall in love with jacking up 3s. If it's Wallace or nobody, perhaps, but between the two you go with McDyess.
    You're not going to get me to hate on Dyess but to me, Wallace would fill more needs.

Yes, Dyess is a of a mid-range shooter and Wallace's percentages from 3 can be less than stellar, but he's a threat from 3 that opposing teams do respect.

If you've got Dyess at the elbow and Tim being used more and more in that same area (Pops tactic to preserve Tim's body) the floor's spacing wouldn't be all that great. Tim and Dyess' area of operation could very well be pretty similar going forward and I don't think that would leave the spacing as conducive to them or their slashers.

Dyess is the more dependable/workman-type player but Wallace's ability to extend out to 3, defend legit size, and overall basketball IQ finds me coveting him a bit more.

Just my opinion, though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.co...=rss_blogs_NBA

The Spurs also are considering Antonio McDyess.
    It looks like Spurs are after the right players with Sheed and Dice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oddly quiet on the Dice front, don't you think?

Thread Information