Post Count
    Well said and wholeheartedly agree.

Gets called out and drama begins.

Cheers!
    Back atcha Blake!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But hey, death compared to that drink you wanted, hard to choose. You see a guy without a mask walking around, probably low risk until you get on a forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm arguing with your stupid premise that it's all or nothing in every case.

You're just wrong.
    So you're arguing against your own strawman. Got it.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're arguing against your own strawman. Got it.
    your argument is the risk is the same no matter the situation.

You're wrong.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But not putting the others around them at risk? Did you forget masks are to protect the others, not the wearer? Walking around without a mask, you're endangering people sitting at tables and doing just about anything else, without masks. Again, placebo. You see masks, you think "best effort, good enough". It doesn't mean masks themselves are placebos (some are) but that the way it's being executed and policed is largely to salve the public fear.
    looks to me like they are six feet apart and outside, so long as nobody yells or sings, the risk should be small. But there is still a risk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks to me like they are six feet apart and outside, so long as nobody yells or sings, the risk should be small. But there is still a risk
    Exactly.

DMC thinks it exactly the same risk as giving mouth-to-mouth to a COVID patient in the ICU.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So no masks ok as long as you're 6' apart? These seem like new rules. So if someone decides to not wear a mask at all, there's very little risk in that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So no masks ok as long as you're 6' apart? These seem like new rules. So if someone decides to not wear a mask at all, there's very little risk in that?
    Outdoors at 6'? Not a new guideline at all. Where you been?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maskless outdoors exercising as long as 6 feet apart has been something from the beginning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.

DMC thinks it exactly the same risk as giving mouth-to-mouth to a COVID patient in the ICU.
    Another narrative, another strawman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another narrative, another strawman.
    Do you think the risk of infection standing six feet from a person infected with COVID outside is the same as giving mouth-to-mouth to one in the ICU?

Yes or no.

Let's make everything clear.

This will be the first of a few scenarios.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maskless outdoors exercising as long as 6 feet apart has been something from the beginning.
    Not sure you get the point. You're saying the authorities don't require it, but is that where you draw the line for safety? They are not exercising in that image. The people standing without masks are simply maskless, but since others are wearing masks, the impression (even you said this) is that those wearing masks are protected. The protection is supposed to come from the barrier that prevents the wearer from spreading their own virus. It isn't stated to prevent the wearer from getting it, otherwise the CDC should never have recommend against wearing masks.

That image isn't even about mask violations, it's just a stock photo from a restaurant where people are wearing masks. Do you think those people feel at risk, the people sitting who could just as easily be infected as to infect someone else by coughing or sneezing, or the people standing who could do the same? Is the risk of getting the virus less of a concern than the prospect of not eating out?

Saying there's a risk to everything is a copout. If mask wearing is a true barrier for the virus and creates a safer situation, regardless the mask type or adherence to mask hygiene or protocol, there's some magic happening. Instead, it seems more likely that much of the mask wearing is just to say they have on a mask, so they can get into places. In those cases, it's a placebo for those around them to be OK with it. A person without a mask walks in, the place goes quiet. Same person walks in with a valve style mask, no one even raises an eyebrow.

Maybe some here don't really understand what a placebo effect is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think the risk of infection standing six feet from a person infected with COVID outside is the same as giving mouth-to-mouth to one in the ICU?

Yes or no.

I take my hat off to you BlakeChumpDumper (and all your other alts, e.g., Reck, Trainwreck, Will Hunting, RandomGuy, BlakeBlake, BaselineBum) for man handling these fools on a daily basis!

There is a special place in Blakedom for heroes such as you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes or no.

That's your strawman, you wrangle it all you wish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure you get the point. You're saying the authorities don't require it, but is that where you draw the line for safety? They are not exercising in that image. The people standing without masks are simply maskless, but since others are wearing masks, the impression (even you said this) is that those wearing masks are protected. The protection is supposed to come from the barrier that prevents the wearer from spreading their own virus. It isn't stated to prevent the wearer from getting it, otherwise the CDC should never have recommend against wearing masks.

That image isn't even about mask violations, it's just a stock photo from a restaurant where people are wearing masks. Do you think those people feel at risk, the people sitting who could just as easily be infected as to infect someone else by coughing or sneezing, or the people standing who could do the same? Is the risk of getting the virus less of a concern than the prospect of not eating out?

Saying there's a risk to everything is a copout. If mask wearing is a true barrier for the virus and creates a safer situation, regardless the mask type or adherence to mask hygiene or protocol, there's some magic happening. Instead, it seems more likely that much of the mask wearing is just to say they have on a mask, so they can get into places. In those cases, it's a placebo for those around them to be OK with it. A person without a mask walks in, the place goes quiet. Same person walks in with a valve style mask, no one even raises an eyebrow.

And still no proof much less one that is peer reviewed.

#DramaQueenForLife

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's your strawman, you wrangle it all you wish.
    DMC folds.

Maybe you should take a deep breath and figure out where you went wrong in your argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#DramaQueenForLife
    What do you need proof of exactly?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#DramaQueenForLife
    Somehow we're supposed to accept whatever is coming straight out of his ass.

He didn't even know the 6 feet guideline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I draw the line at established social distancing yes. 6 ft exercising and six feet sitting are the same thing, I only brought up exercise because that's been there the whole time. It's been there the whole time because that was I've of the only times your see someone out during lockdown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ditto!

Well said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://news.umich.edu/masks-hand-wa...to-50-percent/

Did you wear a mask during flu season yearly? If not, you're a careless son of-a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Did you wear a mask during flu season yearly? If not, you're a careless son of-a .
    So masks are not placebos!

Thank you!

Self-goal!

Great work BlakeChumpDumper!

Your work is done here.

Please take a bow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thank you!

Self-goal!

Your work is done here.

Please take a bow.

Got him, Blake!

Or rather, he all over himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got him, Blake!

Or rather, he all over himself.
    Hat off to you sir!

My main concern is the derp, this one is just a sideline.

Cheers!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thank you!

Self-goal!

Your work is done here.

Please take a bow.

I didn't say masks are placebos. See, you too can build a strawman. I said the wearing of valved masks and removing them just to continue walking around (and no one seeming to care) was a placebo mostly. See, RIF.

Thread Information