Page 37 of 95 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe OKC can take a bad contract and pick up a future 1st.
    They have like FIFTEEN already. That’s a full NBA roster, not counting anyone they want to keep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is off topic but Kevin porter Jr has been balling the last 2 games for the rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A trade that hasn’t been brought up surprisingly is LMA for Al Horford+filler, terrible contract I know but he’s always seemed like a spurs kinda guy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A trade that hasn’t been brought up surprisingly is LMA for Al Horford+filler, terrible contract I know but he’s always seemed like a spurs kinda guy
    Completely agree, I was about to post something like that. I think it could be the only trade than can give us something really valuable for LMA considering OKC is full of young guys and draft picks and we would send them expiring/s (while Horford contract is still three years long) making them absolutely relevant in the next free agents market...plus Presti should be in a good relationship with our F.O.
    My idea is LMA + Lyles for Horford + Roby + picks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio is never going to trade LMA to a non-contender like the Thunder. C'mon, guys, actually think about this .

That's even before mentioning his trade kicker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio is never going to trade LMA to a non-contender like the Thunder. C'mon, guys, actually think about this .

That's even before mentioning his trade kicker.
    Frankly, can you tell me why? his contract was guaranteed for only 7 millions this year and after we decided to fully guarantee it he decided to give up on our team...imho we have done all and more than necessary to be considered by everyone on the planet more than even with him. Plus, giving his contract to OKC means that he will have more than a chance to agree with them for a buy out, considering Presti is in good relationship with us and his main goal should be free cap space for next season...so a buy out would be a perfect option for OKC and LMA, that will be free to choose his preferred team once bought out...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly, can you tell me why? his contract was guaranteed for only 7 millions this year and after we decided to fully guarantee it he decided to give up on our team...imho we have done all and more than necessary to be considered by everyone on the planet more than even with him. Plus, giving his contract to OKC means that he will have more than a chance to agree with them for a buy out, considering Presti is in good relationship with us and his main goal should be free cap space for next season...so a buy out would be a perfect option for OKC and LMA, that will be free to choose his preferred team once bought out...
    The Spurs aren't going to do LaMarcus dirty and exile him to some team unlikely to make the playoffs. My ing God do people not understand even the basics about what's going on? Holy ing .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't OKC can buy him out and at the same time shed a contract they may not want for three more years?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs aren't going to do LaMarcus dirty and exile him to some team unlikely to make the playoffs. My ing God do people not understand even the basics about what's going on? Holy ing .
    I think its you that don't understand the basics of what is right or wrong in a team/player relationship...what you mean by doing dirty (after guaranteeing him 18 millions) and exile him (when he'll be more than able to negotiate a buy out with OKC if he doesn't like the situation)? In your wiew we should accept any kind of request from a player that probably decided from the beginning of this season to give up on our team ? Imho we can't be so subordinate to any caprice of veteran players...and in case we are, we better change as soon as possible...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the trade deadline date/time?
    It's the 25th (a Thursday) at 3 pm ET.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the 25th (a Thursday) at 3 pm ET.
    Thx

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am trading LMA to the team that gives me the most back bottom line. In some of these trade examples it’s us taking on a bad contract for draft picks and it frees up the other team just to buy him out and he gets to sign with who ever makes him happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is off topic but Kevin porter Jr has been balling the last 2 games for the rockets
    Has he melted down yet in their locker room, or thrown food at teammates during a meal, yet? He’s ing nuts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hmm maybe some urgency here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF La is traded to a bad team he will be bought out and the spurs will guarantee that before making a move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF La is traded to a bad team he will be bought out and the spurs will guarantee that before making a move.
    Spurs can’t guarantee another team’s roster moves. Not saying it won’t be mentioned, but no reason for a bad team to keep him anyway. Not like Spurs will make them buy him out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can’t guarantee another team’s roster moves. Not saying it won’t be mentioned, but no reason for a bad team to keep him anyway. Not like Spurs will make them buy him out
    its not uncommon in these types of situations to know the team youre trading him to is only interested in cap relief and will buy him out. They can discuss that before finalizing the trade.

im sorry this is a new revelation to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think its you that don't understand the basics of what is right or wrong in a team/player relationship...what you mean by doing dirty (after guaranteeing him 18 millions) and exile him (when he'll be more than able to negotiate a buy out with OKC if he doesn't like the situation)? In your wiew we should accept any kind of request from a player that probably decided from the beginning of this season to give up on our team ? Imho we can't be so subordinate to any caprice of veteran players...and in case we are, we better change as soon as possible...
    Yeah, again, you have no idea what the dynamics here are at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not uncommon in these types of situations to know the team youre trading him to is only interested in cap relief and will buy him out. They can discuss that before finalizing the trade.

im sorry this is a new revelation to you.
    Very valid point but still won’t give us much back IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has he melted down yet in their locker room, or thrown food at teammates during a meal, yet? He’s ing nuts.
    it’s coming soon lmao but I’m a firm believer spurs need to be taking shots at guys like him if they have a chance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His point is the the Spurs will trade him where he wants to go because that is who they are. Maximizing the return by trading him anywhere for the best value is obviously what we all want but the point is Spurs aren't going to trade him to a dumpster fire franchise he doesn't want to go to because that is how they operate, regardless of how dumb it might be. Same thing with people on here always clamoring to trade Mills. Yeah we know they should but we also know they aren't going to and we all know why. The Spurs just don't operate like most teams do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His point is the the Spurs will trade him where he wants to go because that is who they are. Maximizing the return by trading him anywhere for the best value is obviously what we all want but the point is Spurs aren't going to trade him to a dumpster fire franchise he doesn't want to go to because that is how they operate, regardless of how dumb it might be. Same thing with people on here always clamoring to trade Mills. Yeah we know they should but we also know they aren't going to and we all know why. The Spurs just don't operate like most teams do
    It's not dumb, it's ing common sense, which is in short supply on this site.

The Celtics absolutely ed themselves with the way Ainge treated IT. He did everything they wanted, fought and played, and Ainge ed him royally and now no big free agents want to go there.

And that's a premiere franchise in the NBA. Ainge ed them because of how he ed Thomas. If the Spurs send LMA to ing Orlando or Washington or some other dumbass team with no prayer of the playoffs, then they're ing themselves. Not because of Aldridge but because other players will see how they're likely to get ed in the future.

This is so simple, I have no idea why it's a hard concept for the brainiacs on this board to understand. Holy .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not dumb, it's ing common sense, which is in short supply on this site.

The Celtics absolutely ed themselves with the way Ainge treated IT. He did everything they wanted, fought and played, and Ainge ed him royally and now no big free agents want to go there.

And that's a premiere franchise in the NBA. Ainge ed them because of how he ed Thomas. If the Spurs send LMA to ing Orlando or Washington or some other dumbass team with no prayer of the playoffs, then they're ing themselves. Not because of Aldridge but because other players will see how they're likely to get ed in the future.

This is so simple, I have no idea why it's a hard concept for the brainiacs on this board to understand. Holy .
    I think it goes both ways. Treat ppl properly but also don’t get bent over unless it is worth the pleasure. To me LMA should have accepted a bench role on a potential playoff team aka us. Embrace the role and add value where possible which as a backup 5 he could be pretty formidable. Instead it seems he wants a buyout or a trade to win now. He never carried this team and we treated him better than guys who have their jerseys in the rafters. Some players don’t need to get the royal treatment. We treated him better than his production. Also players have short memories. If we draft one elite player FAs will look at SA differently. The culture BS has gotten out of hand.

Thread Information