Page 53 of 171 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody and Wagner are my top 2 assuming no one falls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddeys crap shooting and meh athleticism scare the out of me.
    Very fair, tbh. He's definitely one of the many bust candidates between 6 and 20. He'd probably be as much of a longshot as Samanic was coming into the draft.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Bouknight and what sounds like a DUI, it could go either way imo. Either Spurs take the high road and pass, or RC empathizes with him and sees someone that made a mistake that hopefully doesn’t define him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs will get a great player at 12, like many have mentioned there’s lots of guys in that range that could absolutely become a star just gotta find the one, and you never know what players will fall. Tyrese Halliburton was last years 12th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ultimate worst case scenario for me:

1. Cade
    2. Mobley
    3. Suggs
    4. Green
    5. Kuminga
    6. Barnes
    7. Giddey
    8. Franz Wagner
    9. Moody
    10. Sengun
    11. Bouknight

Then all the Spurs have left available are: Keon, Jalen Johnson, Davion Mitc , Kai Jones, Isaiah Jackson, Garuba. Gross, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. Cade
    2. Mobley
    3. Suggs
    4. Green
    5. Kuminga
    6. Barnes
    7. Giddey
    8. Franz Wagner
    9. Moody
    10. Sengun
    11. Bouknight

Then all the Spurs have left available are: Keon, Jalen Johnson, Davion Mitc , Kai Jones, Isaiah Jackson, Garuba. Gross, tbh.
    That probably is the worst case scenario but we’d still get a good player, all those guys could contribute imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Consolation prize: we have the 11th pick in the second round.
    Good point. Pick 41 looks like it'll be a good one.

Dream scenario: Other teams get scared off of Duarte because he's 24 years old and he drops to 41.

If that doesn't happen, there are a lot of tall shooters who could help: Edwards, Murphy, Bagley, Robinson-Earl, Hurt, Todd, Livers, Aldama, Champagnie, etc, etc

There are a ton of tall shooters in this draft that will be available in the second round -- and that's exactly what the Spurs need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. Cade
    2. Mobley
    3. Suggs
    4. Green
    5. Kuminga
    6. Barnes
    7. Giddey
    8. Franz Wagner
    9. Moody
    10. Sengun
    11. Bouknight

The pick would then most likely be Keon or Kispert, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver lost the Spurs the coinflip just to make it all the more surprising and dramatic when they jump into the top 4, TBH.......

Playing the long game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kispert imo. He’s got Spur written all over him and fills our biggest need. Don’t think PATFO would think twice about it tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did SIM in tankathlon.
    spurs 4th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point. Pick 41 looks like it'll be a good one.

Dream scenario: Other teams get scared off of Duarte because he's 24 years old and he drops to 41.

If that doesn't happen, there are a lot of tall shooters who could help: Edwards, Murphy, Bagley, Robinson-Earl, Hurt, Todd, Livers, Aldama, Champagnie, etc, etc

There are a ton of tall shooters in this draft that will be available in the second round -- and that's exactly what the Spurs need.
    Murphy’s my hopeful dropper.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just as expected. NBA certainly wasn't going to do the Spurs any favors.

Probably doesn't matter much in the big scheme, but I would have been amazed if we had "won" the coin flip.
    Really? You're going to go conspiracy after the Spurs won the lottery in both the years since 1987 when (1) they were in it and (2) there was a consensus #1 pick thought to be a franchise player?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if it's because they've ac ulated a cadre of young role players in recent years, the lack of an obvious fit or what, but I'm not particularly intrigued with anyone.

Wagner, Barnes, Johnson all have intriguing modern four/big wing physical tools and skillsets to a degree, but I'm sick of drafting limited - non shooters.

I get the sense they'll have significant interest in Sengun, though (Sabonis lite?).

We were in an 11/12 flip last year and won.
    True, but it just feels so typical of the post '14 Spurs.

I have no confidence it'll actually happen, but as I've said, this league owes this organization and there's a history of ones in similar situations conveniently having lottery luck in short order.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? You're going to go conspiracy after the Spurs won the lottery in both the years since 1987 when (1) they were in it and (2) there was a consensus #1 pick thought to be a franchise player?
    That was two-and-a-half decades and one commissioner ago, and before the Spurs took over the NBA for like 20 years.

Seriously though, I was really kidding. A coin flip is just that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take a top 5 pick over getting to the play-in and losing the game. By the time the Spurs draft at 12, most of the players we want will be gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kispert imo. He’s got Spur written all over him and fills our biggest need. Don’t think PATFO would think twice about it tbh.
    Yeah, if he's a legit 6-foot-7, 220 pounds, he'd be a tough player for the Spurs to pass. He has enough bulk and athleticism that you might even be able to start Murray, White, Kispert, Keldon and Poeltl. Kispert is obviously not a great athlete but he's a better athlete than Giddey, Cam, Butler and maybe one or two other potential lottery picks, FWIW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murphy’s my hopeful dropper.
    Yeah, Murphy looks like he'll be a shooter. Splits of 50/43/93 and his name is Trey Murphy III -- how could that dude not be a legit three-point shooter, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If my top 3 Moody, Sengun, Giddey is out of reach, i would not mind Kispert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, let me get this straight.. the Spurs at 12 isn’t final, just a projection, correct? And there’s still a small chance they can get a higher pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. Cade
    2. Mobley
    3. Suggs
    4. Green
    5. Kuminga
    6. Barnes
    7. Giddey
    8. Franz Wagner
    9. Moody
    10. Sengun
    11. Bouknight

someone always pulls a stunner so i'm pretty confident someone (e.g., kai jones, davion mitc ) will get picked higher than they should.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take a top 5 pick over getting to the play-in and losing the game. By the time the Spurs draft at 12, most of the players we want will be gone.
    Players selected between #12 to #20 last year that I'm sure folks here would be happy with:

Haliburton
    Poku
    Bey
    maybe Stewart
    then there's guys like Bane and Tillman picked after #20 doing great for their team

A couple of the guys listed above should be picked over the top 10 in that draft in a re-draft.

I'm not sure if you've bothered reading this thread, but there's guys that "we want" who are likely to be there at #12 that won't be "gone".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    someone always pulls a stunner so i'm pretty confident someone (e.g., kai jones, davion mitc ) will get picked higher than they should.
    Oh I'm sure. It's just better for me to expect the worst.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Wagner dropping as his celling is not that high

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My hangup with Kispert is this:

Let's assume his ceiling is one of the top shooters (without anything else) of all time... say, Reggie Miller-esque, Peja Stojakovic, Klay (without defense), Kyle Korver, Ray Allen...

Is that really a building block that would elevate the team?

I would say "yes, go for it" if the players left are too risky. But if there were other guys there.... Ehh..

I want guys with two-way potential, or at least playmaking potential to be a main engine for the team.

Thread Information