Page 98 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless I'm missing something, he's actually a really solid prospect. Athletic 6'10 big, 19 years old, with a reported 7'5 wingspan. Great shot blocker and surprisingly skilled offensively, with quick first step in face-ups and an excellent finisher around the basket. Good lob threat and has pretty good mechanics on his shot.
    You'd use a lottery pick on a guy who might have a chance of becoming Nerlens Noel?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you not believe that people mature or change? Lmao you can’t hold the past against the guy he’s a kid still. At pick #12 there’s not gonna be a perfect prospect, I trust that the spurs are doing their due diligence on everyone to see how they could fit on the team
    It’s been less than 5 months since he walked out on Duke.

A leopard doesn’t change his spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s been less than 5 months since he walked out on Duke.

A leopard doesn’t change his spots.
    Yeah so he could prepare for the NBA draft lol college players do that now, holding things against him while he was in college is stupid, Wait until he’s a professional to judge him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Johnson seems like this year’s Patrick Williams—the guy ESPN and The Athletic will have as the Spurs’ pick in all their mocks until the day before the draft, when he magically jumps into the top 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd use a lottery pick on a guy who might have a chance of becoming Nerlens Noel?
    People are taking about taking Kai Jones 12th, Jacksons seems every bit as talented and probably a better offensive player. Jackson looks like he could be a legit interior scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the Spurs go with a full-on youth movement this summer and somehow pry Collins from Atlanta. In this dream scenario, our lineup could look like this:

C: Poeltl / Eubanks
    PF: Collins / Samanic / Wagner(?)
    SF: Johnson / Vassell / Bates-Diop
    SG: White / Walker / Weatherspoon
    PG: Murray / Jones

Depending on how well our youngsters develop, that team may or may not make the playoffs next season. But if it stays together, it has the potential to be an elite team in 4-5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me chris duarte of give me death i dont care if hes almost as old as dejounte murray
    Are people seriously talking about the Spurs taking him 12th? I've been out of the loop for a minute but damn. Guy is 24.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the Spurs go with a full-on youth movement this summer and somehow pry Collins from Atlanta. In this dream scenario, our lineup could look like this:

C: Poeltl / Eubanks
    PF: Collins / Samanic / Wagner(?)
    SF: Johnson / Vassell / Bates-Diop
    SG: White / Walker / Weatherspoon
    PG: Murray / Jones

Depending on how well our youngsters develop, that team may or may not make the playoffs for next season. But if it stays together, it has the potential to be an elite team in 3-4 years.
    Spurs would most likely have to sign and trade for Collins so that probably takes Walker and White off that roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are people seriously talking about the Spurs taking him 12th? I've been out of the loop for a minute but damn. Guy is 24.

I think dejounte has brainwashed peeps into believing the hype. His lack of athleticism/wingspan and overall one on one defense is concerning. Still weve heard everyhting from manu/klay comparisons,and future all star . Kid can shoot atleast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you just have to erase from your mind that he’s 24, and take the time to watch him. 90% of the players in this draft won’t get to his level when they turn 24. , Lonnie is a year and a half from it and he’s nowhere close. Sometimes the smart choice is the obvious choice. People like to gamble on purely the theoretical future of a player, place the utmost optimistic scenario for said player, and in 3-4 years when that player hasn’t met their potential, forget all about them. How many people forget they were so sure about Rui Hachimura being the next Kawhi Leonard? Duarte is the real deal, right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah I agree. If you think he's the best BPA (when taking into account all best/realistic projections), go for it.

I think Duarte is a good player btw.
    However, it's not like he was dominating teams as a Junior, (at 23 years of age I might add).
    I would strongly argue their are better long term investments than someone who will want to play for a contender at the end of his rookie contract.

He's unlikely to play ahead of DJ, D. White, KJ and Vassell in his first two years.

I'm always a little wary of Seniors that feel they're going to come into the NBA and dominate right away...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Duarte but not at 12. If the Spurs do draft him, he'll play in a handful of games just like White did his first year. Unless Lonnie or someone else is shipped out, I don't see him getting much playing time until he's 25.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Duarte but not at 12. If the Spurs do draft him, he'll play in a handful of games just like White did his first year. Unless Lonnie or someone else is shipped out, I don't see him getting much playing time until he's 25.
    We have enough sg. They mostly cant shoot but we got em in spades. Still holding out hope for a sf/pf type

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Duarte is better right now than Walker and Vassell. If he gets picked it should not be to sit behind those other guys. That would be wasting his talent and the pick. Might as well just pick a high risk high reward developmental guy if that’s the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah so he could prepare for the NBA draft lol college players do that now, holding things against him while he was in college is stupid, Wait until he’s a professional to judge him
    They don’t leave in the middle of the ing season. Find even one other potential draftee in this class who bailed after only 13 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don’t leave in the middle of the ing season. Find even one other potential draftee in this class who bailed after only 13 games.
    If it’s better for their draft stock they have every right to choose what’s best for their future, last years college season was a joke with the pandemic still going on. How many guys opted out of playing in the NBA bubble last season, you could say they quit on their team to just to avoid injury, it doesn’t mean they’re quitters or have bad character.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think folks are overlooking the level of compe ion in college. It's lower than the d-league. Not talking against Duarte really, but Walker would be one of the best players in the nation if he were able to go back to school, and Vassell would also dominate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People keep mentioning Klay as a comparison for Duarte— I think that’s wrong. Duarte has advanced dribbling skills, Klay rarely makes a dribble move between his legs. He’s got hesitation moves. He’s got jab steps. Duarte have it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Again, not sure what this means for his stock or how other teams are expected to gather up to date intel if he doesn’t play.
    Recency bias will def. come into play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading that Athletic mock, it just dawned on me we are drafting right ahead of Kevin Pritchard at Indiana. I have no idea who Pritchard wants but it would be sweet justice if the Spurs nabbed him right before he get's his shot. For those who are unclear about this, Pritchard nabbed a couple of guys the Spurs supposedly wanted back in his Portland days.
    Definitely Nic Batum.
    I recall Batum but thought there was also a second one, maybe mistaken though. Memory not that great and too lazy to look it up.
    I'm the 2008 draft the Spurs were interested in Batum and Ibaka. Both were still available with only Seattle and Portland ahead of us waiting to pick.
    Unfortunately for the Spurs, two of their former front office people had taken over the GM positions of Seattle and Portland. Pritchard at Portland and Presti at Seattle knew who we liked and wanted. Presti drafted Ibaca and Pritchard drafted Batum. We got George Hill as the consolidation prize. e

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he did it in high school too. He’s unreliable.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People keep mentioning Klay as a comparison for Duarte— I think that’s wrong. Duarte has advanced dribbling skills, Klay rarely makes a dribble move between his legs. He’s got hesitation moves. He’s got jab steps. Duarte have it all.

when you watch him out there, his game is very Klay esque. His shooting form as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think folks are overlooking the level of compe ion in college. It's lower than the d-league. Not talking against Duarte really, but Walker would be one of the best players in the nation if he were able to go back to school, and Vassell would also dominate.
    Good college teams are better than the D-League.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Duarte love is starting to feel a little over exuberant, but hey, I have said upperclassmen are underrated and overlooked at times, and this is probably one of them. And I’d love for a player to jump in and play. And if this forces the FO to trade one of DJ, White, or Lonnie to balance the roster, then great.

But then I think, if drafting Duarte necessitates trading one of our other young guards, then why not consider trading them to swap picks and move up? Doesn’t have to go that way, but it does raise a lot of possibilities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good college teams are better than the D-League.
    No, they're not. Not even close.

Thread Information