Page 122 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll admit, I never took Jackson seriously since I was under the impression he was another big who couldn't shoot past 3 ft and we don't need or want any of that.

Watching him more, he actually has a decent shot tendency to face up from mid-range. His form looks solid and consistent, something I never found convincing from Kai. Kai has a tendency to act like a wing who thinks he has the ability to shoot off the dribble and fails miserably at it. Isaiah is your old school face-up big who will take the shot from mid-range if he thinks he can shoot over you. On the perimeter, I can envision him being a stand still shooter down the line. Make no mistake, Isaiah doesn't look like he's going to project into your modern big that everybody dreams about. But what he does have is the potential to be your LaMarcus type big who will take the ball from the post or farther out, giving the offense a little bit of structure than modern basketball. Obviously, this is all highly unlikely to happen but IF he does put in the work then that is the type of ceiling I see.

Kai Jones took 27 shots in the mid-range, at 33% FG.
    Isaiah took 54 shots in the mid-range, at 35.2% FG. He likes to shoot.

I'll probably bump him up to my Tier 4, which is the same group Kai is currently in but Isaiah will be higher.
    Jones just doesn't do it for me. A guy who didn't even start for his college team -- that's bad news, especially since he wasn't even a freshman. I do think he'll go late lottery at least.

Isaiah Jackson is one to keep an eye on. I don't like him at #12, but he's in the Mitc Robinson or Nerlens Noel mold. While Kai Jones blocked 1.6 shots per 40 minutes, Isaiah Jackson blocked 5.0, and in probably the better conference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They finally made a video for my boy. The perfect modern 4. Would be extremely happy if they select him (preferably late 1st round).
    Why'd you have to do this to me, Jeremiah...

I just had an epiphany. JRE plays too much like Keldon Johnson for my liking.

My draft philosophy is this:

1) The player that is drafted must bring a different style of game than any player on the roster

2) but if not, and they're pretty much the same archetype as any one player on the roster, they must project to be A LOT better.

JRE is neither... He drops to Tier 5 for me.

Both #1 and #2 are based off the team we currently have, and this philosophy changes if the team was a strong playoff team.

My #1 rule above is a huge priority for me since we've seen what works and what doesn't with the 2020-2021 roster. What doesn't work: having a lack of 3 point shooters. Having a lack of length in the front court. Lack of shot creation from our guards and wings. Having a lack of defensive IQ.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 07-11-2021 at 10:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh Giddey?? That’s the latest I’ve seen spurs taking. Australian sharp shooter. Comparable to Ben Simmons but Much better shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm close to locking in...

Tier 1 = Extremely happy

Wagner
    Moody
    Giddey

Tier 2 = Happy
    Duarte
    Bouknight

Tier 3 = Risky, but understandable
    Jalen Johnson
    Murphy III
    Sengun

Tier 4 = Interesting, can't wait to see how the rest of the roster shapes out
    Isaiah Jackson
    Filip Petrusev
    Kai Jones

Tier 5 = Satisfied
    Jeremiah Earl Robinson
    Tre Mann
    Usman Garuba

Tier 6 = Not happy, but I trust the Spurs
    Corey Kispert
    Keon Johnson
    Jaden Springer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Kuzma as an albatross and I'm not opposed to doing the deal and acquiring him, I just don't see him being worth the #12 pick so we can drop back into the 20's.
    In the Dejounte hypothetical, the Spurs would also receive #16.

I know I'm in the minority here but, I'd rather have Lauri than Kuzma. Kuzma doesn't have a bad contract but, I'd rather have a guy at the 4 shooting 40% from 3 instead of 30% from 3....especially if they both are poor defenders.
    Career wise, Markkanen is at 36.6% and Kuzma 33.8% from 3 and while the latter has graduated to non liability defender at both the 4 and 3, the former will always be a liability at both the 4 and 5.

That’s a typical ST misconception. DDR as your star player… yeah I agree he’s not helping anyone.

He’d be great on a winning team where he can get on a roll in spurts and bring some offense when your first two options aren’t getting it done.

The only barrier to teams being more trade friendly is that no ones paying 30 million for a 3rd or 4th option. Now if he’ll entertain low 20’s on a contract you might have more options. It’ll really comes down to what he’ll accept on a contract for an S&T to happen.
    No, he wouldn't because of the lack of malleability to his game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per his interview,

Isaiah thinks he's a 4 in the NBA, and a little bit of a 5. Studies Kevin Garnett. Have huge doubts, like I do with nearly every prospect. But if the guy can shoot, that changes things a bit. He does have a better free throw percentage than someone like Kai Jones, so he has that going for him.
    Hard to play full time starting 5 at his weight. Pretty much a backup center for now. The only way he starts is at the four, which means developing as a 40% 3pt shooter aka the John Collins route.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t get the Giddey love and I don’t get the Kispert hate

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be Orlando. Not sure they'd take him, but he will likely go top 10. Thing is, this year? I don't know. Again, teams do headscratching stuff every draft.

its Orlando. They love big men. Still think it’s 1998

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They finally made a video for my boy. The perfect modern 4. Would be extremely happy if they select him (preferably late 1st round).

I really like him since the beginning of the NCAA season, high IQ , he can do a lot of things. It strange that he is so low on mocks, he is not an unbelivable athlet but he's solid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t get the Giddey love and I don’t get the Kispert hate

Giddey is definitely the riskiest out of all my favorite prospects.

I think people underrate ball handling ability. Most players who are shot creators have advanced dribbling moves. Giddey has that in spades which IMO, will enable him to become a shot creator down the line. At 6’8”, that’s a star. If Lonnie could dribble and protect the ball in traffic, he would be a star. Obviously all unlikely to happen, but that’s my reasoning behind it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sandro Mamukelashvili in San Antonio for a workout.

Draft tracker

Interview only

• Keon Johnson
    • Kai Jones
    • Corey Kispert
    • LJ Figueroa

Workout + Interview

• Josh Primo
    • Chris Duarte
    • Trey Murphy III
    • Tre Mann
    • Joe Wieskamp
    • Austin Reaves
    • Romeo Weems
    • MaCio Teague
    • Yves Pons
    • Ethan Thompson
    • Terry Taylor
    • Jaden Springer
    • Colbey Ross
    • Sandro Mamukelashvili
    • Jordan Burns

Workout + Interview, but went back to college

• Jordan Hall
    • Davion Mintz

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Giddey is definitely the riskiest out of all my favorite prospects.

I think people underrate ball handling ability. Most players who are shot creators have advanced dribbling moves. Giddey has that in spades which IMO, will enable him to become a shot creator down the line. At 6’8”, that’s a star. If Lonnie could dribble and protect the ball in traffic, he would be a star. Obviously all unlikely to happen, but that’s my reasoning behind it.

Why do I have that feeling that if Warriors doesn’t get him @ 7 he’ll be @ 14?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Josh Giddey?? That’s the latest I’ve seen spurs taking. Australian sharp shooter. Comparable to Ben Simmons but Much better shooter.
    Umm No Giddey is not athletic at all and will probably be a poor defender other then that they are comparable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm No Giddey is not athletic at all and will probably be a poor defender other then that they are comparable
    So, a shorter, less athletic, terrible defense version of Simmons?

Where do i sign?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kispert seems like what he'll always be, an exceptional outside shooter and good compe or. I do feel some might expect he's just a standstill shooter who does little else, like Duncan Robinson, and we may be able to find shooters without using a lottery pick. Also, Gonzaga grads don't exactly set the world on fire.

Giddey, there may be some star quality there. At least there's room for development. His handle is really high, his shooting is poor, and his defense may be slow, but he's a smart kid and only eighteen. There is no reason to think he won't improve. He gets 7.5 and 7.5 rebounds and assists a game. This team needs playmaking beyond mechanical sets and maybe we just miss Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sandro Mamukelashvili in San Antonio for a workout.

[COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#000000][B]
    Mamukashvili is a crazy good passer for his size and handles the ball really well and has a shot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, a shorter, less athletic, terrible defense version of Simmons?

Where do i sign?
    Simmons is a guy who did not work his game since joinning the NBA, Giddey is smarter imo and he can shoot way better than simmons tough it's a work in progress. Offcourse he is less athletic .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mamukashvili is a crazy good passer for his size and handles the ball really well and has a shot.
    I like him as a secound rounder. Nice complete player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people underestimate how soft the NBA is tbh with Giddey he’s been playing with grown men in Australia, I think Giddey and his skills will easily translate to the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is a guy who did not work his game since joinning the NBA, Giddey is smarter imo and he can shoot way better than simmons tough it's a work in progress. Offcourse he is less athletic .
    And yet, he’s made All NBA and All D teams. Simmons has one basketball flaw: his jumper. Giddey has three: a jumper that makes Simmons look like Steve Kerr, loose high handle, and horrible defense. Not a basketball skill, but he’s also a sub par athlete, by NBA standards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17 Days until the Draft!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tier 1 = Extremely happy

Wagner
    Moody
    Giddey

Tier 2 = Happy
    Duarte
    Bouknight

Jalen Johnson
    Murphy III
    Sengun

Isaiah Jackson
    Filip Petrusev
    Kai Jones

Tier 5 = Satisfied
    Jeremiah Earl Robinson
    Tre Mann
    Usman Garuba

Corey Kispert
    Keon Johnson
    Jaden Springer
    this is pretty much mine although i'd have sengun in my tier 1 and i'd have kispert in tier 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a bust or boom season for me, that's why I'm picking Jalen Johnson (??? very unlikely the Spurs pick) or Moses Moody and even Kai Jones.

But I'd be very happy with Duarte, Sengun, Wagner, Bouknight (in that order), the players imo the Spurs are likely to pick when available. I think they are the safest bet, great character and can immediately contribute.

It's a deep Draft, so I wouldn't mind if the Spurs do a trade and get two lottery picks, especially to nab Duarte. But I really hate to lose any of our young core, except for Poeltl. I just don't see him putting 100% EVERY night. I think if he did, he would be top 5 center. That's how much I think he is capable of, the reason I'm so critical of him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/aES14c-Y1PU

Just uploaded. Sengun draft profile.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tier 1 = Extremely happy

Wagner
    Moody
    Giddey

Tier 2 = Happy
    Duarte
    Bouknight

Jalen Johnson
    Murphy III
    Sengun

Isaiah Jackson
    Filip Petrusev
    Kai Jones

Tier 5 = Satisfied
    Jeremiah Earl Robinson
    Tre Mann
    Usman Garuba

Corey Kispert
    Keon Johnson
    Jaden Springer
    Great at ude! You'll be a happy man no matter what. I'll be very disappointed if we don't get both Kai Jones and Murphy III.

Thread Information