Page 213 of 238 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 5940
    Post Count
    I like the Freeman pickup!

longhornScoop: Keep an eye on the Emanuel Porter recruitment. Porter says that he's still committed to Texas.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count

Glad to see some momentum from Strong and Co

Good luck Horns

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Friday morning updates from 24/7...

-Strong was not able meet with DE Solomon Thomas yesterday. Apparently when Strong went by Coppell, Thomas had a huge test he couldn't get out of. No word when/if things will be re-scheduled.

-Texas will be by Ennis today to check on S Jah'Shawn Johnson and 2015 DE James Lockhart.

-Another guy Texas didn't get to meet with was DE Myles Garrett of Arlington Martin.

-Chris Rumph (new DL coach) will be stopping by Allen, Keller High and Dallas Bishop Dunne.

-Multiple coaches are meeting with RB D'Onta Foreman and WR Armanti Foreman today.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quote from the father of DE Derick Roberson after their meeting with Chris Rumph and Chris Vaughn yesterday (24/7):

“Yes we got to meet the coaches, had a good meeting,” Erick Roberson said. “Can't wait to meet the rest of the staff this weekend.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying the staff will be by Dallas Skyline today to see 2015 DE/LB Anthony Wheeler and 2015 WR Carlos Strickland.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @sbterry247
    Sources tell @247Sports that Derek Mason will soon be named #Vanderbilt head coach.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Having to live on campus was something that turned me off about Tech. Looking back, I wish I had lived on campus. Obviously if they looked at this situation like adults then they would see the benefit. Some of these kids are going to cliff jump though - which Strong certainly expects.
    Replace expects with wants.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @sbterry247
    Sources tell @247Sports that Derek Mason will soon be named #Vanderbilt head coach.
    This could make things interesting with Solomon Thomas recruitment considering he sounds like big Stanford lean at this time (Derek Mason is Stanford DC)

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Friday morning updates from 24/7...

-Strong was not able meet with DE Solomon Thomas yesterday. Apparently when Strong went by Coppell, Thomas had a huge test he couldn't get out of. No word when/if things will be re-scheduled.

-Texas will be by Ennis today to check on S Jah'Shawn Johnson and 2015 DE James Lockhart.

-Another guy Texas didn't get to meet with was DE Myles Garrett of Arlington Martin.

-Chris Rumph (new DL coach) will be stopping by Allen, Keller High and Dallas Bishop Dunne.

-Multiple coaches are meeting with RB D'Onta Foreman and WR Armanti Foreman today.
    He could not get out of a test. Strong should go after him harder and his teacher. Good stuff.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The following is a list of guys that will be on official visits to UT this weekend:

RB, Corey Avery, Dallas Carter
    RB, Donald Catalon, Aldine Eisenhower
    OL, Alex Anderson, O. Perry Walker (New Orleans, LA)
    DT, Poona Ford, Hilton Head Island (Hilton Head, SC)
    DE, Derick Roberson, San Antonio Brennan
    DE, Sione Teuhema, Keller
    CB, Jermaine Roberts, St. Augustine (New Orleans, LA)
    S, Jah'Shawn Johnson, Ennis

**WR Emanuel Porter has cancelled and will officially visit LSU next weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying 2015 DT Darrion Daniels of Dallas Bishop Dunne plans on attending a UT Junior Day.

Safe to say he met with Chris Rumph this morning.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Solomon Thomas needs to follow my example of how to go through your senior year. Grades do not matter.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, Vance Bedford and Bruce Chambers visited South Oak Cliff today to check on 2015 RB Jordan Stevenson and 2015 S Prentice McKinney.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, Vance Bedford and Bruce Chambers visited South Oak Cliff today to check on 2015 RB Jordan Stevenson and 2015 S Prentice McKinney.
    Hopefully they checked in on '16 CB Juice Parker (5 INT's and 14 PBU's this year) and '16 DE Marvin Terry (120 tackles, 21.5 sacks and more than 40 QB pressures): I know they have a couple of talented but undersized DT's as well who are underclassmen. They have a ridiculously talented defense.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on where things stand with all of Texas' commitments and realistic targets as of today:

Commitments
    QB, Jerrod Heard, Denton Guyer - solid verbal
    RB, Donald Catalon, Aldine Eisenhower - solid verbal
    RB, D'Onta Foreman, Texas City - solid verbal
    WR, Roderick Bernard, Houston Sharpstown - solid verbal, tried to enroll early but had a late credit, will enroll in June
    WR, Armanti Foreman, Texas City - solid verbal
    WR, Garrett Gray, Marble Falls - soft verbal, official visits to Cal (1/24) and UCLA (1/31)
    WR, Lorenzo Joe, Abilene Cooper - solid verbal
    WR, Dorian Leonard, Longview - solid verbal
    WR, Emanuel Porter, Dallas Lincoln - very soft verbal and likely to flip, official visit to LSU (1/24)
    TE, Blake Whiteley, Arizona Western College (Yuma, AZ) - currently enrolled at UT
    OL, Terrell Cuney, Jasper - solid verbal
    DT/DE, Jake McMillon, Abilene - solid verbal
    DE, Derick Roberson, San Antonio Brennan - solid verbal
    DE, Sione Teuhema, Keller - solid verbal
    LB, Otaro Alaka, Cypress Falls - soft verbal, official visits to A&M (1/17) and LSU (1/24)
    LB, Andrew Beck, Plant (Tampa, FL) - currently enrolled at UT
    LB, Cameron Hampton, Dallas Carter - solid verbal
    LB/S, Edwin Freeman, Arlington Bowie - solid verbal
    CB, Jermaine Roberts, St. Augustine (New Orleans, LA) - solid verbal but wants to meet coaching staff, may visit Ohio State (1/24)
    S, John Bonney, Houston Lamar - unknown at this time, official visit to Auburn (1/17)
    S, Jason Hall, South Grand Prairie - solid verbal
    ATH, Kevin Shorter, Newton - medical scholarship (spinal cord injury), will not count against roster numbers

Targets
    RB, Corey Avery, Dallas Carter - official visit to UT (1/17), likely commitment if offered
    OL, Alex Anderson, O. Perry Walker (New Orleans, LA) - Texas lean, official visit to Arizona State (1/18), early enrollee
    OL, Demetrius Knox, Fort Worth All Saints - Ohio State verbal, unclear right now how hard Texas will push
    DT, Poona Ford, Hilton Head Island (Hilton Head, SC) - Texas lean, official visits to Oregon (1/24) and Missouri (1/31)
    DT, Chris Nelson, Victory Christian (Lakeland, FL) - hard Texas lean, official to UT (1/24)
    DE, Solomon Thomas, Coppell - Stanford lean, official visits to Arkansas (1/24) and Ohio State (1/31)
    S, Jah'Shawn Johnson, Ennis - Texas Tech verbal, likely to switch to Texas
    S, TJ Harrell, Tampa Catholic (Tampa, FL) - beginning stages of communication with UT, wants offer
    Last edited by TFloss32; 01-17-2014 at 06:38 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Hopefully they checked in on '16 CB Juice Parker (5 INT's and 14 PBU's this year) and '16 DE Marvin Terry (120 tackles, 21.5 sacks and more than 40 QB pressures): I know they have a couple of talented but undersized DT's as well who are underclassmen. They have a ridiculously talented defense.
    They didn't mention guys like Terry by name but did say they were there to check on several prospects.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting Texas stopped by to see 2015 LB Malik Jefferson and 2015 OL Patrick Vahe today as well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Montrel Meander ‏@macmeander
    I literally can not feel my arms

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jermaine Roberts ‏@Buga_2 24m
    Austin is a beautiful city❤

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    S, Jah'Shawn Johnson, Ennis - Texas Tech verbal, likely to switch to Texas
    Don't do it Jah'Shawn. They'll make you sit on the front row in class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas saying a defensive starter was one minute late for a class yesterday and was punished by doing extra exercise in the weight room. He was told if it happened again, he'll do three times as much.

Porter has flipped to TCU and no LSU visit.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas saying a defensive starter was one minute late for a class yesterday and was punished by doing extra exercise in the weight room. He was told if it happened again, he'll do three times as much.
    o_O

I would be ed. Though since the players live on campus they don't have an excuse.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Porter has flipped to TCU and no LSU visit.
    Smells like National Signing Day drama.

Thread Information