Spurs will win at least 1 game, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in before the gentleman's sweep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD21 is the author of this best-selling thread called 'Gutless Worms'.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every.... ing.... year. No faith in a team that has gone to 3 straight WC Finals and 2 straight NBA Finals.
    I agree with you, however, I also agree that this might finally be the year that we do disappoint in the playoffs yet again. We just don't have a good matchup with their athleticism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you, however, I also agree that this might finally be the year that we do disappoint in the playoffs yet again. We just don't have a good matchup with their athleticism.
    Just 3 years ago, we swept their big 3 of Paul, Griffin and DJ. Back then, they also had Eric Bledsoe and Mo Williams. If you recall, they jumped out to a 20+ point lead in the 1st quarter of Game 3 but the Spurs rallied to win by 10. I realize they have a better coach now but the athleticism difference isnt that much worse if at all.

The Spurs played a poor game and the Clippers capitalized. When you don't make shots or defend, thats going to happen. If the Spurs play their game, they'll win. They are the more experienced and smarter team. If they somehow have lost their drive and the Clippers find another gear, the Spurs will have a battle on their hands.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just 3 years ago, we swept their big 3 of Paul, Griffin and DJ. Back then, they also had Eric Bledsoe and Mo Williams. If you recall, they jumped out to a 20+ point lead in the 1st quarter of Game 3 but the Spurs rallied to win by 10. I realize they have a better coach now but the athleticism difference isnt that much worse if at all.

The Spurs played a poor game and the Clippers capitalized. When you don't make shots or defend, thats going to happen. If the Spurs play their game, they'll win. They are the more experienced and smarter team. If they somehow have lost their drive and the Clippers find another gear, the Spurs will have a battle on their hands.

Yes, but SA let their invincibility aura take a hit in Game 82 and they're really REALLY tired after three long playoff runs in a row. Never mind that Manu is terrible. He can barely walk any more...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just not buying it right now...Only thing I agree with is things can change in a hurry good or bad..I mean look at last years Finals for example

"AC Game" Some on this board and across the nation said Spurs somewhat lucked out due to the AC going down and LeBron cramped up. Heat go on to win game 2 and go to Miami tied 1-1. Miami had the momentum and Spurs easily could've been down 0-2. Some on this board thought it was over...But what happened next?? Something that NOBODY here our across the world expected. Spurs made history.

Believe
    After game 2 isiah Thomas said he couldn't see anyway the Spurs could win the series.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just not buying it right now...Only thing I agree with is things can change in a hurry good or bad..I mean look at last years Finals for example

"AC Game" Some on this board and across the nation said Spurs somewhat lucked out due to the AC going down and LeBron cramped up. Heat go on to win game 2 and go to Miami tied 1-1. Miami had the momentum and Spurs easily could've been down 0-2. Some on this board thought it was over...But what happened next?? Something that NOBODY here our across the world expected. Spurs made history.

Believe

After game 2 isiah Thomas said he couldn't see anyway the Spurs could win the series.

Shows how screwed we were. Had to break the A/C to give LeBra menstrual cramps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all you have to do is look at this dude's history of threads to see his horrible string of takes and ty predictions/cliff jumping/emo gotry

TD 21 is the definition of cliff diving got Spurfan who es his pants in the end and forgets what a whining he was all season long, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, this is Gino and Tim time to shine. It's no surprise this team has rang largely when Tim and Gino have taken the team through the finish line. Doesn't have to be every game or every series (Tim was pretty poor against Dallas last playoffs, Manu was nearly non-existent against Portland).

Not even knocking your opinion, tbh... I just find it difficult to bet against these compe ors in the playoffs.
    Ginobili got off to a mediocre start and has been on a steep decline from January on. Like I said, this is the first time that it can't be blamed on an injury too. He's not the same player as last season.

Duncan basically is and is the only one of the big three still good enough in his role to go the distance. And I don't know what you're talking about; he was very good in the Mavs series.

I don't doubt their compe ive spirit. This is about, as I alluded to, recent history of great teams at the end of a grueling run, but it's also about the Clippers. At least three straight years as a top four-five team, zero Conference Finals appearances to show for it. They also felt like they blew the Thunder series in game 5 last season, specifically Paul. Speaking of whom, he's the greatest player to never play in a Conference Finals, he's at the tail end of his prime and even though the Warriors are the clear favorites, I still think this is his best chance at a championship.

So they're relatively close to the Spurs to begin with, healthier, fresher and I believe more motivated (not saying the Spurs aren't; that's ridiculous), plus they have home court. Bad combination.

DMC, you left out the part where I said barring major injury, which of course there was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili got off to a mediocre start and has been on a steep decline from January on. Like I said, this is the first time that it can't be blamed on an injury too. He's not the same player as last season.

Duncan basically is and is the only one of the big three still good enough in his role to go the distance. And I don't know what you're talking about; he was very good in the Mavs series.

I don't doubt their compe ive spirit. This is about, as I alluded to, recent history of great teams at the end of a grueling run, but it's also about the Clippers. At least three straight years as a top four-five team, zero Conference Finals appearances to show for it. They also felt like they blew the Thunder series in game 5 last season, specifically Paul. Speaking of whom, he's the greatest player to never play in a Conference Finals, he's at the tail end of his prime and even though the Warriors are the clear favorites, I still think this is his best chance at a championship.

So they're relatively close to the Spurs to begin with, healthier, fresher and I believe more motivated (not saying the Spurs aren't; that's ridiculous), plus they have home court. Bad combination.
    Manu started pretty well, and he and Tim carried us through the worst December schedule in franchise history, while a bunch of the other players (Patty, Beli, Tiago, Kawhi) were all hurt. I had zero doubts Gino was going to tone it down after that stretch and especially when we had our hurt people back. Our bench was another bright spot in the late season run and he played his role very well.

As far as Tim against Dallas, he had a so-so series. He had all sorts of trouble with Dalembert and Wright, especially when the series started. Tiago actually had a much better overall series than him (thankfully).

All that said, if this series comes down to a battle of wills, I trust these guys to deliver over Griffin, Paul or anybody else in the league, tbh... their careers are coming to an end too, there's desperation there too.

I could be wrong, but I do think our current team can beat the current Clippers team. Maybe that means I'm a vanilla fan, I'm at peace with that. I don't think these Clippers are better than our current Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "First time in the playoffs a player had 10/7/6 in under 20 mins" Manu wasn't the problem last night for all the hate I'm seeing. But I will say I'm worried Bc it seems to be a perfect storm since the last game vs NO for the clips to win.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares?? we won the le last year and I dont care they win or lose as long as they did their best

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is amazing that vanilla spurfans expect a 16-0 run in the playoffs.
    Lose one game and the entire post-season is lost.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "First time in the playoffs a player had 10/7/6 in under 20 mins" Manu wasn't the problem last night for all the hate I'm seeing. But I will say I'm worried Bc it seems to be a perfect storm since the last game vs NO for the clips to win.
    Yup, some of the hate Manu gets is unwarranted. People are just so used to him taking over and running the offense when Tony does his annual choke artist routine in the playoffs(did it quite a lot last year when TP disappeared against Dallas and OKC). They expect Manu to play like that all the time which is ridiculous considering he's a 38 year old.

All that said, if this series comes down to a battle of wills, I trust these guys to deliver over Griffin, Paul or anybody else in the league, tbh... their careers are coming to an end too, there's desperation there too.

I could be wrong, but I do think our current team can beat the current Clippers team. Maybe that means I'm a vanilla fan, I'm at peace with that. I don't think these Clippers are better than our current Spurs.
    I think so too. On talent alone, I like our team better but the lack of homecourt and the fatigue/injuries to a couple of our guys closes the gap significantly. I personally wouldn't bet on this series. I could see the Spurs winning in 7. Just as easily, the Clips could take this in 6. Probably the most unpredictable matchup in the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's so typical of, as Harlem would say, vanilla fans, with their cliche takes, to say "it's only one game" . . . and in the literal sense, it is, of course.

But you have to take everything on a case by case basis. The signs of a team that is out of gas have been abundantly clear all season, yet the vast majority have chosen to ignore them. Even during the surge from February 27th until the final game of the season, it never felt the same as not just last season, but any of the three previous this group has played together. That's because it was mostly due to Leonard playing the best all around ball in the league and willing this team to a heights they're no longer capable of collectively sustaining.

Normally in these situations ('03 Lakers, '08 Spurs, '11 Lakers, '14 Heat), when it's over for these teams, it ends ugly. It seems hard to imagine now, but think of the way those teams went down. Next to no one saw those beat downs coming, either.

The unfortunate thing about this time is, whether Duncan and Ginobili play one final season or not, it really is the end of the run. In '08, the core was still good enough; they just needed to replenish the role players. That's no longer the case.
    this message board has gone to . these two fruit cake owners should have sold it when it had some value. old school spur fan, remembers the suffering....well this bull fairy message board wasn't around then. no way in you would call out the ICE man the way you ing low life's call out tony Parker. oh and for you ing idiots who think you can find a better point guard>>> YOU!!! LOL go ask big dave bout Cory Alexander or neigle knight or tark the sharks favorite, "sweet pea" bout finding a true point guard.
    ask the Admiral if TP is a true point guard. lmao you s would your pants after wat Five Oh put up with. lol. god the best thing bout this board was Duncan 288 and his or her post. all the other has really gone to . for christ sakes, this is one of the smallest markets ever and some dumb ass spurs fans act like its the Dallas cowboys getting whoever we want. lmao!!!! Bow down San Antonio. for the greatest basketball team to ever grace the court played in the Alamo City,.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    every year the spurs lose game 1, 2, or 3 national media is like "the one team in this round that looks in trouble is San Antonio." Never ing fails. It doesn't matter who we're playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol yall are some stupid mother ers. If spurs play their best they can smoke these mofos. Its all about if they really want it ir not

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull . I'm not going to hear the end of it. Clips in 5, stay mad bro.
    Spurs still haven't played well as a team, series tied 1-1, and the Spurs have grabbed HCA. Getting nervous yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD 21
    cliff diver
    emo got
    its over guys
    kill yourself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs still haven't played well as a team, series tied 1-1, and the Spurs have grabbed HCA. Getting nervous yet?

Thread Information