Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1098
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, that didn't go as expected, to say the least. I really hope the picks pan out, because it's the last saving grace PATFO have going for them.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers only pick in this draft was better than all three of Spurs picks. Terrible night for PATFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do we need so many shooting guards? Even if this guy is good enough to make the team, he's just going to steal minutes from Murray, White, Walker, or Johnson. With pick 49 we might as well have taken a gamble on Jontay.
    You don't understand the big picture. Pop gon roll out the super small ball midget line up of Mills/Forbes/Weatherspoon/Johnson/Metu to outsmall everybody. He played Patty Mills at SF before

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weatherspoon? I thought the last thing they needed was another SG. Maybe they're anticipating someone overpaying Forbes next year?
    Maybe we’re packaging any of Brynn, Mills dor that SF veteran? Crowder?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad we didn't shed any salary. All the scrubs are still on the team. Sure they not going after Bojan either

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GSW is going to have a few extra roster spots next year. It still pisses me off that second round picks are out there for cash, and the Spurs never make that deal. If you're supposed to be so good at drafting, that ought to be a no-brainer.
    Roster is going to be full, especially if Luka comes over as is expected. You’d be spending cash only to have guys not make your 15 man roster and then potentially lose their rights.

Then again, the team is willing to fork over money to trade a future HOFer to pay for his trade kicker. They get money again on July 6th, so could have dealt for a pick and completed it later technically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a 49th pick. Who cares? Scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting Jontay would've helped take the bad taste of getting another boring, soft big.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Porter situation is like what's happened occasionally in the past where players asked not to be drafted in the 2nd so they could choose their own destiny. I really only recall it happening with euros, but ... I don't know, lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and Rc love their unathletic white euros and midget combo guards for sure
    How else is he going to showcase his GOAT coaching if talented players keep stealing his limelight?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a 49th pick. Who cares? Scrub.
    Manu says hi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weatherspoon > Porter imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    G league lifer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could have afforded an injury stash. I'm not sure if I've ever been so disappointed in a draft by the Spurs. Even in 2015 when I was apoplectic about Miluntinov, at least there was Cady. The players may well be decent or even good, but considering what they could have had, I just wish they had gone in different directions. Samanic might start right away, but I don't see either of the latter two picks getting significant minutes any time soon.

Saving grace is that they should be able to sign a decent forward with the MLE. But will they? Don't know.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suspect that Jontay Porter's medicals look even worse than Bol Bol's. Would explain all the teams passing on him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Porter situation is like what's happened occasionally in the past where players asked not to be drafted in the 2nd so they could choose their own destiny. I really only recall it happening with euros, but ... I don't know, lol
    That's possible.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weatherspoon is a good kid, I just didn't think he'd get drafted. He was another one I had been planning on floating as a UFA pickup. I'm sure the Spurs spent some time with him. TIMVP mentioned a 2-way contract - that would actually be a good outcome for 49.

He's a good athlete. He doesn't have the silky stroke that Forbes has, but he can shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sounds foolish. If he's drafted, some team will be able to help with his medical costs and give him access to world-class rehab and training facilities. I don't see any reason why he should believe he would recover better on his own given his reinjury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Weatherspoon agreed to sign a two-way contract or sign directly with Austin, that'd be pretty good. He's a bit better than the super scrubs who typically agree to do that.
    I'm thinking he agreed to that. That scenarii makes the most sense considering the gluttony of guards on thevroster.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop & RC know we lost 3 players that can guard SF in Kawhi, Green & Anderson and have gotten nothing to replace them, Right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sounds foolish. If he's drafted, some team will be able to help with his medical costs and give him access to world-class rehab and training facilities. I don't see any reason why he should believe he would recover better on his own given his reinjury.
    He (or any player) will sign with a team, but the one they want.

within 5 minutes of the draft being over there will be announcements of a bunch of players who have already agreed to be on a summer league team at the minimum

I remember guys like Payton II and Cam Oliver getting Rockets deals a couple of minutes after the draft was over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a joke of a draft by the Spurs

Said the same when they drafted White but after I watched his highlight videos I started to come around. The more I watch of the stiffs they drafted this year the worse it looks.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst draft in years when the team really needed a homerun tonight(considering how terrible they are in free agency). Three tries and they struck out on every one of em.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some fans of other teams seem to think we did well: https://jazzfanz.com/threads/2019-nb...111950/page-23 I've seen similar comments elsewhere too, including mavs fans who were high on Keldon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking like:

White, Mills, (Weatherspoon?)
    Murray, Forbes, Walker
    DeRozan Belinelli, Johnson
    Samanic, Gay, Bertans, Metu
    Aldridge, Poeltl (Eubanks?)

Given that Samanic and Metu can play some five, maybe the Spurs would be okay with signing Weatherspoon. Or maybe they cut Metu and sign Eubanks to better balance out the roster. I still feel like there will be an MLE player, and that would crunch the numbers way more.

Thread Information