Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Epic move by the Rockets.
    Westbrook is a huge upgrade over CP3.
    Biggest move since monsieur Drexler came back to town.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Houston Wreck-ettes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dammit, now I need to go research Winslow.......

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmfao you would like that trade.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    great trade for the rockets... they've solidified themselves as the 2nd best team in the west. #1 if kawhi goes down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook numbers are only better because of his insane usage. Paul was more efficient With Harden on the team, you want more efficient. For the money I'd want neither. Rockets are fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked and are going to be ed for a long time with no picks.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    okc isn't done... i really wanna know where cp3 and adams end up... maybe gallo even gets moved.

okc can go young, tank, get high picks this season and the season after that... in addition to all the picks they already have.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    but yeah, total and utter failure for okc to have had westbrook, harden, durant... and end up this way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winslow seems to have a nice all around game. He fills up the stat sheet. However, he is very underwhelming at the FT line. IMO, no wing player should ever shoot less than 75% from the line, and he is in the high 60s. Actually, I feel all PG, SG, and SF should hit 80 or above at the line at the NBA level. Still, his size and all around game is intriguing. I would hate to lose Forbes though, his passion, hustle, and fearless play during the playoffs grew on me. He has a feisty bulldog mentality.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great trade for the rockets... they've solidified themselves as the 2nd best team in the west. #1 if kawhi goes down.
    no. Westbrook had arguably a more complete player next to him the past few years (Durant, George) and did nothing. Now he's on the decline with probably the most ball dominant player in the league. The 2017 - 18 rockets were deadly in the playoffs because they switched back and forth between harden isos and Paul being a playmaker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because they'd have to give him 9 figures to go somewhere else. Buy outs aren't some magic tool, you still have to pay the player to leave.
    Psssst. The buyout Money stays on your cap for as long as the contract lasts.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Westbrook had arguably a more complete player next to him the past few years (Durant, George) and did nothing.
    agree.
    The 2017 - 18 rockets were deadly in the playoffs because they switched back and forth between harden isos and Paul being a playmaker.
    true. but the reason why the rockets are in a great spot now is because westbrook has 3 point shooters. he didn't have that in okc. he can collapse the defense and kick the ball out to wide open harden, gordon, tucker.

not nearly as good of a playmaker as cp3 but can still lob it to capela.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winslow seems to have a nice all around game. He fills up the stat sheet. However, he is very underwhelming at the FT line. IMO, no wing player should ever shoot less than 75% from the line, and he is in the high 60s. Actually, I feel all PG, SG, and SF should hit 80 or above at the line at the NBA level. Still, his size and all around game is intriguing. I would hate to lose Forbes though, his passion, hustle, and fearless play during the playoffs grew on me. He has a feisty bulldog mentality.
    We are not getting Winslow for Beli and Forbes, just not gonna happen..OKC and MIA would cut the Spurs out, OKC would just take Winslow for themselves.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    harden wasn't going to adjust his game like cp3 wanted (he should have) so rockets shipped out cp3 for WB. if you think WB is on the decline, uh, not nearly as much as cp3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are not getting Winslow for Beli and Forbes, just not gonna happen..OKC and MIA would cut the Spurs out, OKC would just take Winslow for themselves.
    Of course we aren't, but it still doesn't mean that discussing the scenario is off limits

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand this trade. Literally makes no sense. Forgetting fit for the rockets I just don't get how OKC would take on a worse contract for a way worse player. I don't care how selfish a player Westbrook is the fact he can average a triple double with the athletes in this league is still an impressive feat. That being said Presti what??????? Not advocating either way but your telling me the Spurs offering derozan and picks could of gotten Westbrook? Why wouldn't OKC do that then if it was ever offered???? Saving a franchise like over 100 million over the long haul and then opening up tons of cap space in two years maybe one if derozan opts out. All that aside how do you take Chris Paul he is washed up and his contract is even worse due to his deterioration and age. I am literally in shock. Sometimes I think there is more shady that goes on behind the scenes than even we can drum up. This for real makes no sense value wise money wise ownership wise ticket sale wise everything wise. WOWWWWWW!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand this trade. Literally makes no sense. Forgetting fit for the rockets I just don't get how OKC would take on a worse contract for a way worse player. I don't care how selfish a player Westbrook is the fact he can average a triple double with the athletes in this league is still an impressive feat. That being said Presti what??????? Not advocating either way but your telling me the Spurs offering derozan and picks could of gotten Westbrook? Why wouldn't OKC do that then if it was ever offered???? Saving a franchise like over 100 million over the long haul and then opening up tons of cap space in two years maybe one if derozan opts out. All that aside how do you take Chris Paul he is washed up and his contract is even worse due to his deterioration and age. I am literally in shock. Sometimes I think there is more shady that goes on behind the scenes than even we can drum up. This for real makes no sense value wise money wise ownership wise ticket sale wise everything wise. WOWWWWWW!!!!!
    It makes great sense for OKC because they get 2 picks and 2 pick swaps plus they can still move Paul for more assets

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No smart GM wants Westbrook. The Rockets just saw him as a get out of jail free card. He’s a horrible shooter and as soon as his athleticism goes, he’s going to be unplayable.

The Thunder did the deal to (1) do right by Russ, (2) get two picks and two pick swaps when the Rockets likely will no longer be picking in the late 20s, and (3) have a better player fit next to their young core if they keep him. But more likely they attach the Miami pick to CP3 and get back a platter of a contract, a vet and a young guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes great sense for OKC because they get 2 picks and 2 pick swaps plus they can still move Paul for more assets
    Not really cause even if Houston get 4 years out of Westbrook how bad will they be? And as far as OKC that contract is even worse to move and if Westbrooks contract was hard to move and the best you could do was a washed up Paul who would trade for Paul for that money????? Look at age and diminished skill set they basically took on a worse contract due to age and eroding skills an over all much worse player at this stage for what???? What ever they get for Paul if they can get a bag of wristbands they should of gotten more for Westbrook. I have to totally and emphatically disagree this is a pure head scratcher. Watch the Spurs trade for Paul if that happens I would jump off a bridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rigodon galore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just eat humbergers guys, and watch all these trades go pppfffttt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really cause even if Houston get 4 years out of Westbrook how bad will they be? And as far as OKC that contract is even worse to move and if Westbrooks contract was hard to move and the best you could do was a washed up Paul who would trade for Paul for that money????? Look at age and diminished skill set they basically took on a worse contract due to age and eroding skills an over all much worse player at this stage for what???? What ever they get for Paul if they can get a bag of wristbands they should of gotten more for Westbrook. I have to totally and emphatically disagree this is a pure head scratcher. Watch the Spurs trade for Paul if that happens I would jump off a bridge.
    Every year that goes on will make CP easier to move. I can see that the idea is that can package picks to move him, and they'll have a better idea on value next draft. Prestie is betting on his drafting. I think he is overrated at end of the draft picks which is what Clippers and Rockets picks will be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats about D fense with Harden and RW?
    awfull fit for Rockets and 2024 2026 pick and swapa can be very solid ( Harden after prime)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are people really laughing at the Rockets and Thunder?

Rockets got the only way to trade Paul away. And the Thunder, in exchange for Westbrook, got Chris Paul and 4 first round picks. Now compare that to what we got for Kawhi, the best ing player in the entire World.
    That

Thread Information