Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask to have your name changed to Keldon, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't nearly as high on DJ as I am with KJ. There were no other young guys on the Spurs team when I first signed up on this website. I sure as wasn't going to use Kyle Anderson. Using the Dejounte moniker was more of a "next generation Spur" type thing than anything.
    You should ask Kori Ellis for a name change, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't nearly as high on DJ as I am with KJ. There were no other young guys on the Spurs team when I first signed up on this website. I sure as wasn't going to use Kyle Anderson. Using the Dejounte moniker was more of a "next generation Spur" type thing than anything.
    Plus SAGirl would have stalked your ass around if you used the Kyle Anderson moniker.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon has more potential than Kawhi on offense but his physical attributes may prevent him from reaching Kawhi's level on defense since Kawhi is a freak in that regard.
    Stop it... Kawhi is an offensive savant comparable to guys named Kobe and Jordan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Change it to Big Body

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop it... Kawhi is an offensive savant comparable to guys named Kobe and Jordan.
    Wait, what??? Kawhi comparable to Kobe and Jordan???? I don't love Kirby but that's a take if I've ever seen one, tbh, put some respect on those guy's names instead of comparing them to a lucky-to-be-FinalsMVP like Nephew.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon has a LONG way to go before he eclipse Leonard’s skill set......cut it out spurs talk! Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon has a LONG way to go before he eclipse Leonard’s skill set......cut it out spurs talk! Lol
    It's true that Keldon is looking better at Kawhi at a similar age at this point of the season, but it's also true (just like you said) that he has a long way to go to get to current Kawhi.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah let’s stop comparing Keldon to Kawhi in terms of potential. You can argue he is as impactful as a rookie or second year Kawhi but prime Kawhi was basically Jordan on offense since 2016.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said he didn't have a long way to go to get there. I said he CAN get there (and surpass it). That's not something you can say about a lot of players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, what??? Kawhi comparable to Kobe and Jordan???? I don't love Kirby but that's a take if I've ever seen one, tbh, put some respect on those guy's names instead of comparing them to a lucky-to-be-FinalsMVP like Nephew.
    2016-2020 Kawhi was better than prime Kobe. Ain’t no ing way Kobe is winning any damn championship with Kyle Lowry or Pascal Siakam as his second best player. Or carrying a team to a Conference Finals with LMA as your second option + role players. Kobe needed the decks stacked to compete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said he didn't have a long way to go to get there. I said he CAN get there (and surpass it). That's not something you can say about a lot of players.
    Love your posts man but IMO saying Keldon is going to get to prime Kawhi or surpass it is like me saying I’m gonna win a $50m lottery. It can happen, but me the chances are 1 in 10 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love your posts man but IMO saying Keldon is going to get to prime Kawhi or surpass it is like me saying I’m gonna win a $50m lottery. It can happen, but me the chances are 1 in 10 million.
    Not reading my words, man. I'm strictly speaking offense here. Not overall. I don't know if he will surpass him overall. Anyways, Kawhi has peaked already as a player. Like, it won't be hard to surpass his individual glory because he only had 3-4 years of his prime.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will just have to see.... I’m not convinced of that in the least! We shall see though; I like the kid for what it’s worth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2016-2020 Kawhi was better than prime Kobe. Ain’t no ing way Kobe is winning any damn championship with Kyle Lowry or Pascal Siakam as his second best player. Or carrying a team to a Conference Finals with LMA as your second option + role players. Kobe needed the decks stacked to compete.
    I'm too lazy to go compare stats, but no way. Maybe in offensive production, they're comparable? And even then I'd say it's a stretch. Kobe damn well could've taken that Lowry to the promised land, especially given GSW's injuries - you think that Kawhi shot against the Sixers wouldn't be made by Kobe? he had far more difficult tasks, against FAR better defenses, throughout his career. You're also wildly downplaying LMA as a second option and the rest of that 60 win Spurs team, they weren't bad, and Kobe could've perfectly carried them (assuming we're talking about pre-Achilles Kobe). Kobe needed the decks stacked to compete... Just like Kawhi did. Lol. What rings did Kawhi ring when his team wasn't stacked? And before you say it, the Raptors were definitely defensive-stacked, had a load of great roleplayers, a perfectly assembled roster for a run tbh that was just missing a true #1 option, which DeMar couldn't provide.

Thinking on this, though, I should know better than to try and make a point in favor of Kobe on a Spurs board. We might have to agree to disagree here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think tonight was the night Keldon looked like a true superstar, and not the Lakers game.

The Lakers game he made a lot of 3s, but they weren't step back 3s or anything like that.

Tonight, Keldon scored by way of acrobatic layups that you only see from past greats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think tonight was the night Keldon looked like a true superstar, and not the Lakers game.

The Lakers game he made a lot of 3s, but they weren't step back 3s or anything like that.

Tonight, Keldon scored by way of acrobatic layups that you only see from past greats.
    the only problem is that according to logic ST it is currently in the category "empty stats player"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only problem is that according to logic ST it is currently in the category "empty stats player"
    Spurs played very good compe ion that’s all it is. Agree last game game was underwhelming. But never Keldon. He goes out there with high motor ALL THE TIME, a manuesque trait if I may make the comparison. I’m in the same boat with everybody, this kid is the real deal. The kid has a lot of fight in him, and he’s fearless. As Dejounte said, we probably have only seen 70% of his skills. By the time he has perfected his drives to the rim, getting calls from the officials, he will be averaging over 20 points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs played very good compe ion that’s all it is. Agree last game game was underwhelming. But never Keldon. He goes out there with high motor ALL THE TIME, a manuesque trait if I may make the comparison. I’m in the same boat with everybody, this kid is the real deal. The kid has a lot of fight in him, and he’s fearless. As Dejounte said, we probably have only seen 70% of his skills. By the time he has perfected his drives to the rim, getting calls from the officials, he will be averaging over 20 points.
    relax John, it's an irony, the boy is fantastic, and he was already doing it in his debut year at Gleague and it was obvious that he was going to do it on the spurs (see the posts in the draft of his topic, I had already commented on it), he was already playing bullyball in the gleague and in the bubble (when the opportunity arose), you can't teach hustle and motor, this kid came with this from the factory.
    I’m just mocking the logic (which will probably be used to talk about him in other places, when he’s playing fantastic and still collecting loses), the point is that (like Booker or Ingram, or any talent on bad teams or badly assembled) it’s not their fault being in these places, there’s a limit to what these kids can do, not everyone is Lebron James, Tim Duncan, Bill Russell or Larry Bird, and the fact that SA had a superstar in his list for 95% of the history of the franchise, it made people not need to look at that kind of thing in SA, and now they'll probably see that no matter how great the kid may be (and he is), it will be difficult to transform the team without enough help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    relax John, it's an irony, the boy is fantastic, and he was already doing it in his debut year at Gleague and it was obvious that he was going to do it on the spurs (see the posts in the draft of his topic, I had already commented on it), he was already playing bullyball in the gleague and in the bubble (when the opportunity arose), you can't teach hustle and motor, this kid came with this from the factory.
    I’m just mocking the logic (which will probably be used to talk about him in other places, when he’s playing fantastic and still collecting loses), the point is that (like Booker or Ingram, or any talent on bad teams or badly assembled) it’s not their fault being in these places, there’s a limit to what these kids can do, not everyone is Lebron James, Tim Duncan, Bill Russell or Larry Bird, and the fact that SA had a superstar in his list for 95% of the history of the franchise, it made people not need to look at that kind of thing in SA, and now they'll probably see that no matter how great the kid may be (and he is), it will be difficult to transform the team without enough help.
    Empty stat stars is a legit thing.

My view of it is when a player does great on one end (like say, offense) but hurts the team on the other end (defense).

When you're hitting your 2's, 3's but letting your man get by you constantly, or letting guards go around you and easily score.... you're an empty stat star.

DeMar fits this category sometimes. I won't go as far as to say he is one EVERY time. He does help a team win when his mindset is correct. When he goes Kobe mode, it's usually bad.

LaMarcus actually fits this category in a different way. Again, I won't say it is every time. But in cases where he's a blackhole on offense and preventing ball movement because he posts up and takes 10 seconds to score... that's when he becomes an empty stat player.

Other notables:

-Kevin Love was one until he became third fiddle to Wade and James. Maybe that's the lesson here. Empty stat stars can be a third option to championship teams.
    -DeMarcus Cousins
    -Rudy Gay
    -Gilbert Arenas
    -Steve Francis
    -Carmelo Anthony

These guys, when you put them as your #1 or #2 go to guy (but especially #1), your team isn't going to go anywhere.

I don't think Keldon fits this category because:

1) He's a natural born leader
    2) He doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective
    3) He's good on both ends
    4) He moves the ball around
    5) He fires up his team, teammates love him

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    he's just okay with flashes for now. don't get too excited, look around the league because of today's scoring inflation every team even the cellar ones have a JAG scoring 20+ a game who never would have sniffed those numbers five or ten years ago, spur are no exception as a bad team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love this kid. He’s the only untouchable as far as I’m concerned (maybe Derrick too).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BIG BODYYYYYYYYY

Happy, offset formation ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keldon and Tre the only ones in the gym. Other players are slackers.

Thread Information