Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $25M/yr for Allen? Geez
    If that is what sets the price for this market, the Spurs money may not go as far as we hoped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Allen, but this is such a Cleveland move. And to think, some people were bothered here when Poeltl got $9mil/year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that is what sets the price for this market, the Spurs money may not go as far as we hoped.
    Yeah doesn’t look good. We’ll overpay for a good player or overpay for a washed up vet. Either way we’ll be overpaying. Just have to accept that now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah doesn’t look good. We’ll overpay for a good player or overpay for a washed up vet. Either way we’ll be overpaying. Just have to accept that now.
    One rationale that was used for not tanking into a top 10 pick here was because of the cap space that we have in a weak free agent class and now this news. Re-siging DeRozan by default is a definite possibility and I think we have to accept that too.
    Last edited by SpurPadre; 05-20-2021 at 10:09 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One rationale that was used for not tanking into a top 10 pick here was because of the cap space that we have in a weak free agent class and now this news. Re-siging DeRozan by default is a definite possibility and I think we have to accept that too.
    Everyone thought they would re-sign Forbes and Belinelli last summer, too.

One thing you can take to the bank is that the Spurs rarely come off a financial decision they’ve made. The buzz is that the salary isn’t the issue, it’s the length. If you’ve observed the Spurs over the past 20 years, they watch when a decent FA class is lined up, and they clean their cap sheet for that summer. The next one is apparently 2023, and giving DeRozan more than 2 years s that up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. Accept the possibility but not want it to happen. Not sure I can take DeRozan, Mills and Gay getting contracts. That would really test my fandom. If that happens, I might finally move to checking the scores online vs watching the games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Allen, but this is such a Cleveland move. And to think, some people were bothered here when Poeltl got $9mil/year.
    Big V put 23 and 23 last night. You get what you pay for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am starting to look at 2022 draft class and it is really looking good - just sign a one year filler player we gotta put a team but would rather roll with the kids and let’s see how they do without DEROZZ, Gay, and Mills - So at end off 2022 season we should have a good idea which players we should keep and which we should trade/let go so it’s a win win in my eyes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading back on the Poeltl signing thread in hindsight is great, tbh. He's excellent value for what he provides on the court (Valanciunas makes almost double what Jak does, for reference). That Allen contract would be disgusting, and might severely hamper CLE's ability to retain all of Sexton, Garland, and their next lottery pick prospect. Paying top dollar for non-ball handling C's in today's league is a big mistake.

Btw, did you get my PM, my guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR and Westbrook.... I just don't see that working...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to see it happen just so Rummpd can call his new team a farce

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings on NBCS @NBCSKings

Retaining Richaun Holmes in free agency is Priority 1A for the Kings, but as @James_HamNBCS explains, it's complicated bit.ly/342J1EK

6:28pm · 20 May 2021 · TweetDeck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be abortionball at its finest tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar for Bertans and Rui Hachimura

Back to being an all international team

Poeltl, Austria
    Bertans, Latvia
    Rui, Japan
    Dieng, Senegal
    Samanic, Croatia
    +Whoever we pick up in the draft

It probably will be something like Bertans + Ish Smith though if the rumor was remotely true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone thought they would re-sign Forbes and Belinelli last summer, too.

One thing you can take to the bank is that the Spurs rarely come off a financial decision they’ve made. The buzz is that the salary isn’t the issue, it’s the length. If you’ve observed the Spurs over the past 20 years, they watch when a decent FA class is lined up, and they clean their cap sheet for that summer. The next one is apparently 2023, and giving DeRozan more than 2 years s that up.
    I’m sure you realize DeRozan is way better than Forbes and Belinelli so to compare them in terms of re-signing is not on the same level. I don’t think DeRozan fits on this team and we would be better off not re-signing him in terms of long term future outlook. I’ve seen how the Spurs operate but I’ve also seen enough to understand that free agents of consequence by and large do not want to play in San Antonio. I think they’ve been burned way too many times hoping for that reality to change so I think they’ll look at DeRozan more closely than any of us would like. The draft is our best possible hope and will continue to be that way until we develop a Big 3 again that others would like to play with. That’s just my opinion, though. PATFO might think bringing him back with an improved Murray, Keldon, Walker, Vassell and a less brittle White would be a better option next season. I hope that isn’t the case but we have to brace ourselves for that possibility.
    Last edited by SpurPadre; 05-20-2021 at 09:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings on NBCS @NBCSKings

Retaining Richaun Holmes in free agency is Priority 1A for the Kings, but as @James_HamNBCS explains, it's complicated bit.ly/342J1EK

Don’t care about Holmes at all. I’d like to be involved in their garage sale, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings on NBCS @NBCSKings

Looks like there is opportunity there... absord a good contract for little return or get paid draft compensation to take a worse contract...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like there is opportunity there... absord a good contract for little return or get paid draft compensation to take a worse contract...
    People's minds will probably mostly drift towards Barnes, but I'm sure the Kings will concentrate on Hield first (+ draft compensation to Thunder?), Bagley III second.

Suffice it to say, neither are Spurs material.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's what I noted in the game thread: DeMar was talking in past tense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's what I noted in the game thread: DeMar was talking in past tense.
    Is that 60 mil in cap space figure legit? Coulda swore I saw the Spurs having like 49 mil if they renounce the free agents rights

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook doesn’t work with anyone who’s allowed to shoot the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of the Pacers’ key rotation players are under contract for next season, but Doug McDermott is one important contributor who will be an unrestricted free agent this summer. McDermott addressed his situation after Thursday’s game, as J. Michael of The Indianapolis Star relays (via Twitter): “I want to be a Pacer. It’s been a great three years. It’s been a great place to call home. I hope I can continue that.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that 60 mil in cap space figure legit? Coulda swore I saw the Spurs having like 49 mil if they renounce the free agents rights
    I think it’s actually like $47M.

Thread Information