Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see a bunch of has beens and almost cans but not one bonafide superstar. I think Murray is a nice young talent but he ain’t no superstar. This team doesn’t have an iden y and no real direction. It’s pretty sad but not unexpected. I think seeing it live the dose of reality is too strong and this team is mediocre but will overachieve to a playoff seed. I hate to say it but I still want a rebuild. Get what you can for lamarsha and defrozen and try to get a superstar back in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well no we don’t have a superstar. There’s really only like 5 in the league. I agree about trading DeRozan but honestly just as pressing is getting rid of the dead weight of Marco and Patty. Even with a superstar we ain’t doing of those guys are playing 20 minutes a night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have confidence that Murray will eventually grow into being a Superstar if he can stay healthy. The question is when?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not expecting this team to contend. I'm all about player development. Watching Murray and White this year will be fun.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see a bunch of has beens and almost cans but not one bonafide superstar. I think Murray is a nice young talent but he ain’t no superstar. This team doesn’t have an iden y and no real direction. It’s pretty sad but not unexpected. I think seeing it live the dose of reality is too strong and this team is mediocre but will overachieve to a playoff seed. I hate to say it but I still want a rebuild. Get what you can for lamarsha and defrozen and try to get a superstar back in SA.
    Did you think Kawhi wasn’t a superstar in the making when he got finals MVP against the heat? He’s now the best player in the NBA. Spurs have a superstar in the making on the team right now. It’s Murray.

This is literally a Kawhi development clone. Defense first, then Chip getting his offense down. I don’t know what to tell you if you can’t see this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well no we don’t have a superstar. There’s really only like 5 in the league. I agree about trading DeRozan but honestly just as pressing is getting rid of the dead weight of Marco and Patty. Even with a superstar we ain’t doing of those guys are playing 20 minutes a night.
    true but having a superstar in this league changes everything. Players know what’s on the team. This team is so bland and boring. It’s time for more than one change. Delaying it doesn’t do anything. It’s not like it was pre 1999 where people would accept playoff runs. This city is past it now. We know what a real contender looks like and I don’t see the point in what the spurs are doing right now. It’s pointless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true but having a superstar in this league changes everything. Players know what’s on the team. This team is so bland and boring. It’s time for more than one change. Delaying it doesn’t do anything. It’s not like it was pre 1999 where people would accept playoff runs. This city is past it now. We know what a real contender looks like and I don’t see the point in what the spurs are doing right now. It’s pointless.
    120 points with your rising star only logging 24 points isn't boring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh okay, guess we had better just go get a superstar then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you think Kawhi wasn’t a superstar in the making when he got finals MVP against the heat? He’s now the best player in the NBA. Spurs have a superstar in the making on the team right now. It’s Murray.

This is literally a Kawhi development clone. Defense first, then Chip getting his offense down. I don’t know what to tell you if you can’t see this
    Actually yes I did think Kawhi was different than most young players. He showed flashes so early as a two way player and that was without even having a shot yet. It was evident he was going to be good. I don’t feel the same way about Murray. He’s good but not great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean to tell me that Pop isn’t the superstar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    120 points with your rising star only logging 24 points isn't boring.
    No your right but defrozen not scoring til the 4th was pretty bad. This a player that wants a max contract. Fuuuuck that. I like Murray but right now he’s not superstar level. He’s not even all star level. Time will tell with him though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you talking about? We have Patty and Marco.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs had a superstar in only like one year in the last decade and that dude quit on us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh okay, guess we had better just go get a superstar then

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sound like a Lakers fan. Superstars are hard to get. I have just accepted that if the Spurs do get another one it will be through player development. We'll see how these young guys like Murray,Walker,White,Luka, develop over the next few years. LMA and Demar will be gone probably after 2 years.

There is also no guarantee with tanking this team will get a special player. I will give you a pass for getting frustrated if the Spurs give Demar an extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs had a superstar in only like one year in the last decade and that dude quit on us.
    The big three each took turns carrying this team as the superstar. It was pretty special. Don’t you remember that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, what stocks should we buy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sound like a Lakers fan. Superstars are hard to get. I have just accepted that if the Spurs do get another one it will be through player development. We'll see how these young guys like Murray,Walker,White,Luka, develop over the next few years. LMA and Demar will be gone probably after 2 years.

There is also no guarantee with tanking this team will get a special player. I will give you a pass for getting frustrated if the Spurs give Demar an extension.
    Uh the Spurs have always had a superstar since the 70s. What are you talking about with this laker bull . This sounds like loser acceptance talk.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually yes I did think Kawhi was different than most young players. He showed flashes so early as a two way player and that was without even having a shot yet. It was evident he was going to be good. I don’t feel the same way about Murray. He’s good but not great.
    You sound like an idiot. Murray scored 20 points against Houston the other day shooting 72%. He scored 18 points tonight shooting 70%.

You have a guy that’s 23 years old, who’s the best defensive point guard in the league, he can guard the 1-3 spots, might be the best rebounding point guard in the league, and he can put up efficient 20 points on 70% shooting.

if that’s not great then I don’t know what is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, what stocks should we buy?

Invest in Kotex cause your flow is crazy. You should get a great ROI!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sound like an idiot. Murray scored 20 points against Houston the other day shooting 72%. He scored 18 points tonight shooting 70%.

You have a guy that’s 23 years old, who’s the best defensive point guard in the league, he can guard the 1-3 spots, might be the best rebounding point guard in the league, and he can put up efficient 20 points on 70% shooting.

if that’s not great then I don’t know what is.
    Thats great and all but you think he’s a superstar? Is he the franchise?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither did the 2014 version. Iirc, that worked out pretty well at the end.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are contradicting yourself. Not even making sense.

You said that with Kawhi “it was evident that he was going to be good.” Well obviously yeah. He continued his development trend and became great.

You said that with Murray “he’s good but not great.” Hold up. You were okay with Kawhi looking good at this age, and admit Murray is also good at this age, but there’s a problem with Murray because he’s not great? At this same age, if Kawhi was good and Murray is good, shouldn’t that be okay?

It took Kawhi 2-3 years after that to be great. Murray is literally on the same development track. He’s going to be great in 2-3 years. He’s a superstar in the making

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither did the 2014 version. Iirc, that worked out pretty well at the end.
    The 2014 team was vastly superior to this year’s team.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got Tim Duncan on the bench.

Thread Information