Page 71 of 95 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2371
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming Knicks, Hawks, Orlando, and Bulls are the DeRozan-interested teams....

If the Spurs drive a hard bargain, what is the most they could reasonably get back?

ATL: Reddish or Okongwu, a first, Gallo or Bogi?

NYK: an expiring contract, a first, and either Toppin or Robinson?

Chicago: Porter, Lauri, and a first?

Orlando: Fournier, a first, and Bamba?

In my estimation, Spurs won't sell if the draft compensation is a pair of seconds. Resigning DeRozan is arguably better than all of those packages if second round pick(s) are the draft compensation. If a first is included, all of the packages are debatable--better, imo--against the value of resigning DeRozan.

Obviously, they're all better deals against the prospect of losing DeRozan for nothing. If he has told Spurs he's not resigning, then you get the best deal you can and count it all gain.

Of the deals above, which is the best for the Spurs?

This hasn't been rumored anywhere, but I'm surprised Memphis isn't attempting to trade for DDR. He'd solidify their playoff positioning.

Dieng, Clarke and a first is as good as anything the Spurs will be offered by others.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe the Spurs have the space to sign a max space and some space to sign another player. If Bogi was on the free agent market, he would be a good get. Also, there aren't any players worth the max anyway in this upcoming free agency. Bogi would be a nice role player, probably as good as it gets.

I see that argument. FA class is very underwhelming. DDR is top five in the class, imo.

Bogi and Gallo's deals are both small enough to allow for a max or to split between a couple more players.

The best strategy for that max space is to sit on it and wait for an all star to demand a trade, like Towns or Siakim. Spurs should put themselves in a position to absorb a contract next summer or next deadline. This is also the main argument for adding future picks to the asset column.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    1m
    Orlando is trading Nikola Vucevic Al-Farouq Aminu to Chicago, sources tell ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Orlando is trading to Chicago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1m
    Bulls are sending Wendell Carter Jr. and two first-round picks to the Magic, per sources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1m
    Orlando is trading Nikola Vucevic Al-Farouq Aminu to Chicago, sources tell ESPN.
    Oh WOW. That one came out of nowhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    58s
    The Orlando Magic are trading Nikola Vucevic to Chicago for Wendell Carter Jr. and Otto Porter, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1m
    Bulls are sending Wendell Carter Jr. and two first-round picks to the Magic, per sources.
    And Otto Porter Jr.

DAF86

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goddamn that's a ton for Vuc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 first round picks to Orlando as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what it means for Lauri?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow great deal for Orlando. Depending on the picks protections of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Otto Porter Jr.

DAF86

Did not expect that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well i guess that’s RIP to the LMA for Otto Porter scenario, right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was always in the tank camp but by the looks of things we don't want a losing culture(that's an argument for eternal mediocrity) and since we're trying to make the playoffs why trade DDR for whatever package.
    I think he's gonna stay because we're gonna receive garbage offers. If we decide to start tanking now, we're lousy at this thing called tanking, should've happened in the beggining of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, that probably kills LMA to CHI.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine
    1m
    Expected to trade both Aaron Gordon and Evan Fournier in the next three-plus hours, Orlando opens its business with a stunner by ensuring deadline day features a trade involving a current All-Star: Nikola Vucevic to Chicago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They trying to land Lonzo too. They're trying to win now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando came out of that deal looking great!

I wonder what the Bulls do with Lauri? They are trying to trade him for Ball but, if Ball goes elsewhere...do they keep him or move him...he's not the best fit next to Vuc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. But if ORL is going full rebuild then LMAs expiring could be valuable to them

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.

It seems like people want to talk about the Spurs being classy and how it helps the Spurs with free agents, without ever looking back to the past.

Premium, highly desired free agents have avoided the Spurs for decades. Aldridge was a once in a lifetime event with 3 main factors that will probably never happen again: 1. close family tie to the city, 2. bizarrely irrational jealousy of the other star of his original team, and 3. incompetence from the teams he wanted like the Lakers

That's lightning that will probably never strike twice. Let's go on a trip through memory lane for the classy Spurs who always did right by the players ...

Chris Paul wouldn't even let the Spurs get a chance to make an offer. He worked hard to play for Morey, who treats his players like disposable non-human assets unlike the Spurs. You'd think if anyone cared about how teams and executives treated players it would Mr. Player's Association himself .... sure didn't hurt Morey. Proof positive that how low importance the whole idea of treating players with class is to actual superstars.

Webber wouldn't even give them a meeting. , he wouldn't even answer his phone.

Jermaine O'Neal wouldn't even give them a meeting. He only stayed in Indy to play for Isiah Thomas of all people, who Indy promptly fired about 6 weeks later without worrying about how classy it would look to O'Neal.

Jason Kidd let his wife boss him out of signing.

Kyle Korver let his wife boss him out of signing.

PJ Brown refused to sign because he wanted to stay in NO. Jokes on him because they didn't think twice about trading him. Classy Spurs wouldn't have done that, and he still refused.

Pau Gasol when he was still good told the Spurs to get bent as he went to the Bulls for close to the mid-level. Once he was well under way of being washed up and half the player he used to be, he fleeced the Spurs at twice the yearly money of his Bulls contract!

They got Finley who was washed and wanted more money than the minimum. They rewarded him and overpaid him with an overlong deal. And once Pop finally realized 18 months too late that he couldn't play anymore, Finley asked for a buyout from a playoff team. Real classy payback from Finley to ringchase on Boston to ride the bench even more than he had with the Spurs.

Derek Anderson got what he wanted out the Spurs, a showcase. And once he got it, he smacktalked the Spurs out the door.

Most of the name vets they got disappointed, like Rasho or Barry.

The reality is that the best success with free agents the Spurs have had is with guys who were cut from other teams and cheap. Stephen Jackson and Danny Green, those are the guys who excelled. Even Patty Mills. A cheap castoff. Or Oberto, an overlooked older overseas free agent.

And those kind of players will always be available to the Spurs.
    I can't believe no one responded to this. This is an incredible refresher for past events.

I would add that, overall, I think a lot of players have great respect for Pop but don't want to play for him at all because he tells them how to play. Pop is probably right most times about how players should play, but that type of (lack of ) control is not something players probably want to be a part of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. But if ORL is going full rebuild then LMAs expiring could be valuable to them
    They don’t really have any bad deals on the books, though. As much as I view Gordon as meh, he’s not overpaid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only if they have other contracts they need to unload...or if we are buyers for Gordon..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep..

Thread Information