Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That pinoy maurader had problems in pharmacy school. He comes across as brilliant so i was really suprised by that. Sad.
    POD

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pinoy maurader was fantasizing about uncle Dennis wife. I think appo is kawitter. And it cost him a ton of money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That he showed up for the team photo. Just why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i’m surprised how much money kawhi’s family was willing to sacrifice for the hopes of gaining relatively marginally more money

Glad that dude is outa here! What a dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t believe anyone could top Durant going to a 73 win team as the tiest thing someone could shamelessly do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t believe anyone could top Durant going to a 73 win team as the tiest thing someone could shamelessly do.
    That's child play compared to what this coward did. Kawhi's act is a bush league move for the ages..I do think it will trigger something written in the next CBA.

As for Spursfans they will never forget or forgive..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much he wanted out of SA after 7 years. This board seems inclined to believe in the 'evil Uncle' narrative, but none of this happens without Leonard being an active and willing participant.

Call it MB's Razor. The most boring explanation is the right one. Leonard wanted out and his uncle and agent in their bumbling way made it happen.
    I think he wanted out because he wasn't going to be offered the supermax. He wasn't being offered the supermax because his representation issues have caused problems for years...see the all star game stuff and reported attempts by uncle to force his way into the Spurs front office. The Spurs likely wanted changes in that representation before offering it.

Kawhi is extremely prone to suggestion I'm guessing and probably had birds in his ear about disrespect, larger markets, bigger contracts, and the like.

Combined, that chatter along with the perception of familial disrespect coming from the Spurs, finally pushed him into a corner where he felt he couldn't be happy/respected here.

Sadly, I have little doubt he would have been a Spurs lifer had he never been introduced to Impact Sports or let business mix with family.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading through all this I see a lot of informed opinions from people who have good ideas. But at the end of the day no one really knows. My personal opinion is that Leonard is done and has a career ending, degenerative injury. Otherwise I think he would have come back at some point before the playoffs to prove himself, even if he wanted to leave the Spurs. But like I say, no one really knows.

Personally I am happy to have DeRozan and Poeltl going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boogie just offered himself to the warriors for little money, he surpass kd...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that kobyz is a got, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much he wanted out of SA after 7 years. This board seems inclined to believe in the 'evil Uncle' narrative, but none of this happens without Leonard being an active and willing participant.

Call it MB's Razor. The most boring explanation is the right one. Leonard wanted out and his uncle and agent in their bumbling way made it happen.
    IDK man. He put in all that work to become the player he is just so he could be in LA? The focus was always getting there, everything else like winning or forming a superteam was an afterthought. It just doesn't make sense for a player that put in the work he has, that has expressed a strong desire to win and go down as a legend...to all of a sudden just want to be in LA so badly. So much so that he's willing to possibly throw away 2 years of his prime.

Everything points to the Unc and Impact Sports, imo. Kawhi is probably submissive to Unc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And there is something off about him, obviously. I don't know if he's dumb...he actually was really well spoken during interviews towards the end. Im not saying he's Einstein but there's a lot of NBA players that are dumber, imo. He clearly doesn't have social anxiety, but he also doesn't really know how to conduct himself in social situations. Doesn't have feelings like the average human, not like in a he's a cold asshole kind of way, just geniunely doesn't feel much.

/armchair psychologist

edit: so I guess basically he's an Autist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally Posted by paperboy77

Boogie just offered himself to the warriors for little money, he surpass kd...

Yeah but Boogie is kinda a joke right? He's not a serious player... he's proly a subtraction to that team. KD and his gay ass actually is a SA threat. That dude makes almost impossible to beat!

tiest things to go down in the NBA:
    1. Leonard betrays the hand that made him
    2. KD screws OKC and the NBA over
    3. LBJ abandons the Land for south beach
    4. Mailman joins the Fakers
    5. NBA favors more scoring in lieu of physicality. Remember when every one used to make fun of the "soft" Euros? Finesse.. big men that shoot 3s.. lack of toughness.. Well that's the NBA today ain't it? Bring back the hand-check and force these fools to limit all this damn resting BS.

I know... i'm stuck on the 90's. SO?!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most surprising things:

The gullibility of spurstalkers to believe Kawhi was really suffering from a mysterious injury. And now spurstalkers claiming that anyone who was calling him out early on was trolling. Kawhi was clearly full of ... too many spurstalkers had blinders on.

The naivete of spurstalkers regarding national (sports) media. Post after post surprised/shocked/angered by clearly biased unsubstantiated rumors being reported as facts.

I hope you realize this phenomenon is not limited to sports media. It's much worse at the national news level. It's an agenda-filled, for-profit industry. Don't ever forget that.
    amen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi went from a humble hard-working superstar to a little that is 100% controlled by other people (ie. Uncle Dennis) and was willing to on the number one sports franchise in the world, and ruin his reputation at the same time.
    Maybe he's always had it deep inside, but this is by far the most astonishing heel turn I can recall in all professorial sports.. Zach Lowe in his recent podcast said people in the Spurs organization still can't figure out when they did exactly lose him.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    most surprising was how much the story changed... he's recovering from last year's injury/it's a different injury/he's back/he has to sit out/he's almost 100%, playing 3 on 3/he said "for sure" about staying a spur/he wants to go to the lakers/he doesn't want to go to the lakers now that lebron's there/he would be okay going to the lakers to play with lebron...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL all here blaming kawhi, hypocrites Americans...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That there are already reporters stating that KL is reaching out to other NBA players to gauge where they would like to team up with Kawhi in 2019-20 when he is an UFA. Playing on the Lakers isn't the only option. One option may surprise ... the Brooklyn Nets! But thanks to Spurs trained Sean Marks, Nets GM, Brooklyn is looking at a sick amount of cap space, especially if they do a sign and trade with Allen Crabb's contract and his player option next offseason. Uncle Dennis and Kyrie Irving's Dad are tight from what I've read on this forum. And, it's been widely reported that Jimmy Butler and Kyrie Irving are looking to team up as well. This guy hasn't played a minute in Toronto yet!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That there are already reporters stating that KL is reaching out to other NBA players to gauge where they would like to team up with Kawhi in 2019-20 when he is an UFA. Playing on the Lakers isn't the only option. One option may surprise ... the Brooklyn Nets! But thanks to Spurs trained Sean Marks, Nets GM, Brooklyn is looking at a sick amount of cap space, especially if they do a sign and trade with Allen Crabb's contract and his player option next offseason. Uncle Dennis and Kyrie Irving's Dad are tight from what I've read on this forum. And, it's been widely reported that Jimmy Butler and Kyrie Irving are looking to team up as well. This guy hasn't played a minute in Toronto yet!
    This looks like he is not exactly concerned about that horrible quad issue. That lasted long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I learned that apparently the discord started when the Spurs delayed the extension in order to help the cap situation. Leonard and his camp took it as a slight that the Spurs waited. So instead of being a team player like Tim, Manu, or Green, Leonard didn't care about the cap or the team, just his money. Now, because of his angst, he has lost tens of millions. What a selfish, gutless idiot.
    Last edited by Biggems; 07-22-2018 at 05:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He lost a bundle... deservingly. So that's good!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing. Somebody do some real investigative reporting!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really surprising but the spurs giving leonard the role player treatment according to Jeff Mcdonald..

Glad kawhi is going to a team ready to embrace his supers om

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That apalisoc is a Phillipino transves e who flunked out of cosmatology school

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I learned that apparently the discord started when the Spurs delyed the extension in order to help the cap situation. Leonard and his camp took it as a slight that the Spurs waited. So instead of being a team player like Tim, Manu, or Green, Leonard didn't care about the cap or the team, just his money. Now, because of his angst, he has lost tens of millions. What a selfish, gutless idiot.

Thread Information