Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113
Results 2,801 to 2,823 of 2823
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't keep links on all this . And I won't go errand boy'ing it for you now. I found all about it at the time. If you don't know it's because you don't want to know. It's a slam dunk that this is not Trayvon's gf. This chick has more holes in her than swiss cheese. Honestly, it's why I stopped caring what you think; cos you're chumpette level in that regard.
    I don't have to do anything and neither do you, that's what discovery is for. If she isn't, then it'll come up at trial. If that changes anything about the Trayvon case, then we'll know too. Frankly, I wasn't very interested in the Trayvon case back then, not sure why it needs to interest me now, but for the sake of argument, there's just no point in jumping to conclusions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me a break; if you can't read your own , you didn't write it. There's no point in trying to convince a willful troglodyte such as you. Get your together. Come back to respectability.
    Hey, I'm not going to assert that's the case here, I have no evidence that's what's going on. We'll see what comes up at trial. Just merely pointing out that I've come across that, and yes, it's very weird, and I would say uncommon, but I'm not really sure about the prevalence of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know that either. But I would expect that someone would at least be able to read what they wrote themselves.
    I don't disagree. See my previous post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have to do anything and neither do you, that's what discovery is for. If she isn't, then it'll come up at trial. If that changes anything about the Trayvon case, then we'll know too. Frankly, I wasn't very interested in the Trayvon case back then, not sure why it needs to interest me now, but for the sake of argument, there's just no point in jumping to conclusions.
    The Trayvon case is the newest shiny object in conspiracy-land. They will pretend to care about it for a while, realize it is dumb...and move on.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp really arguing for the death of an innocent black kid?

The absolute worst thing he MIGHT have done was escalate the issue after being harassed by Zimmerman and/or during the actual physical altercation, iirc.
    Did you listen to the tape of Trayvon beating the living out of Zimmerman?

"innocent"

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You always state that the legal process will bring out the truth. It's rather naive to think that way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Z was exonerated, the phone call was not central to the case

Fat white less white guy shoots unarmed black guy. yeah! AmeriKKKa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You always state that the legal process will bring out the truth. It's rather naive to think that way.
    Derp thinks crazy alt right websites bring out the truth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's naive is to think you're some sort of enlightened person.

The legal process might not always bring out the truth, but it's not for lack of trying. It's an ordered process based on facts. That alone is 10000x better than any conspiracies, gut feelings or 'common sense'.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The legal process might not always bring out the truth, but it's not for lack of trying. It's an ordered process based on facts. That alone is 10000x better than any conspiracies, gut feelings or 'common sense'.
    Actually, it is often for lack of trying. Often times the truth is quite inconvenient. While the prosecution needed the witness for their case, the defense may have ultimately had their own reasons to allow that dumb cow to testify.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, it is often for lack of trying. Often times the truth is quite inconvenient. While the prosecution needed the witness for their case, the defense may have ultimately had their own reasons to allow that dumb cow to testify.
    The bolded is nothing but more conspiracies. The truth is always inconvenient for the party that loses. That's always the case in adversarial processes.

Everybody can cross examine the other party's witness. Both sides get to pick the jurors. You have the ability to appeal multiple times. That's as fair as you're going to get in any system.

I will admit it's not a perfect system, and things like which lawyer you can afford, and how much money you have to see a case go all the way can make a big difference. And yes, that's ty. That said, I can't possibly fathom how a justice system that could convict people based on innuendo or hearsay instead of fact can be just at all.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The bolded is exactly what he is not.
    Be careful or he might become attracted to you and put you on a Blake-Reck thread of passion.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bolded is nothing but more conspiracies.
    It is what it is. Prosecution used a fake witness over no witness. Defense thought dip cow helped their cause. You're just supremely naive about how often goes. These people aren't saints.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bolded is exactly what he is not.
    Be careful or he might become attracted to you and put you on a Blake-Reck thread of passion.
    Meh, I'm wrong all the time too, what's the big deal? I've been here long enough, and seen it all, tbh... I don't particularly care what other people do with their time.

It is what it is. Prosecution used a fake witness over no witness. Defense thought dip cow helped their cause. You're just supremely naive about how often goes. These people aren't saints.
    This is the whole enlightened thing all over again. You already set your mind on what the outcome should be, anything else is a conspiracy of bad hombres, some sinister plot, everybody else is naive.

Has nothing to do with me, or anybody else being naive, not even about credibility. It's about supporting your contention with more than gut feelings. When I get a gut feeling about something, I might post about it (I did on the Texas cop case),
    nothing wrong with that, but I'm also ready to admit it was wrong. And it's certainly no replacement whatsoever to the introduction of facts.

Let me remind you that the prosecution didn't win the criminal case. That the defense had every opportunity to out any fake witness, even challenge the inclusion of their testimony.

That trials are not walks in the park, they're contentious. That no lawyer on either side wants to lose a case. Heck, the Zimmerman lawyer ended up with a career on network TV.

Sure, there are bad lawyers, there are bad judges (and thus why we have juries), and for that reason you can appeal a number of times, and present your case again.

It's not a perfect system, but it's orders of magnitude better than "I don't like the way you look, you must be a crook" type of thing. We used to have that a lot in the past, and thanks to technology (forensics, etc), that has gone down a lot, which is a good thing.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, I'm wrong all the time too, what's the big deal? I've been here long enough, and seen it all, tbh... I don't particularly care what other people do with their time.
    Yea, it's really enlightened to know that a girl on a second-grade reading level didn't write a sophisticated letter that she can't read.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, it's really enlightened to know that a girl on a second-grade reading level didn't write a sophisticated letter that she can't read.
    That's fair. Let's pretend it's a BS witness: all it's telling me is that the defense lawyer sucked, and this is a slam dunk case... well, let's see what happens at the trial.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fair. Let's pretend it's a BS witness: all it's telling me is that the defense lawyer sucked, and this is a slam dunk case... well, let's see what happens at the trial.
    I watched the trial; I wasn't left with the impression at all that the defense lawyer was bad. He was quite good, imo. And he was smart enough to jump nutcase Zimmerman in the aftermath of the verdict.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched the trial; I wasn't left with the impression at all that the defense lawyer was bad. He was quite good, imo. And he was smart enough to jump nutcase Zimmerman in the aftermath of the verdict.
    So the quite good lawyer couldn't out this witness as BS? That's a point for the prosecution.

But, by trial I meant the one that's supposedly gonna be coming down the line based on this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-50671843

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the quite good lawyer couldn't out this witness as BS? That's a point for the prosecution.
    The details may have came out after the trial was in process. I don't recall.

But yes, it's genius. He can get a mistrial if he loses; and in the meantime he can use that fat cow's stupidity against the prosecution.

Again, it's naive to think trials are merely about "the truth".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The details may have came out after the trial was in process. I don't recall.

But yes, it's genius. He can get a mistrial if he loses; and in the meantime he can use that fat cow's stupidity against the prosecution.

Again, it's naive to think trials are merely about "the truth".
    How are they not? He was tried for murder and acquitted. If that's not the truth, what is it?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are they not? He was tried for murder and acquitted. If that's not the truth, what is it?
    You're being blatantly overly simplistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legally what would the Zim need to prove to win this case?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legally what would the Zim need to prove to win this case?
    I believe this is a civil claim, so the bar to clear is much lower than a criminal case.

Thread Information