Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you read it quicky like I did, you almost read it like Derrick broke his toe.

It's apparently just bumps and bruises.

These guys going way too hard in the weight room or practice.
    Derrick is always going to have foot/toe issues due to how he walks/runs. He tends to run and cut on the ball and on the toes of his feet moreso than most

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope the FO factors in White's concurrent foot issues when talking about an extension... It's no joke, and is looking like it'll follow him through his career. Might earn the Spurs a Curry-like discount on an otherwise very solid player. Overall though, excited for preseason, even with no Keldon/White/Q.

It's Lonnie time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, Jones
    Mills, Walker
    DeRozan, Vassell
    Lyles, Gay
    Aldridge, Poeltl

Murray, Mills
    Walker, Vassell
    DeRozan, Samanic
    Lyles, Gay
    Aldridge, Poeltl

Murray, Mills
    Walker, Vassell
    DeRozan, Gay
    Aldridge, Lyles
    Poeltl, Eubanks

Those are the three likeliest rotations in my mind. I guess we'll see in camp, but I don't think Jones is going to play PG over Mills or SG over Vassell. I think Pop's going to go as big as he can ( the bubble lineup) and downsize when he has to. I think Pop will make at least a token attempt to start Poeltl/Aldridge again, both for Jakob and for Eubanks. Samanic is a four in my mind, but I don't think that's a settled issue for Pop. I also consider KBD getting time at the three to be more likely than Jones getting into the rotation, but you never know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phew, doesn't sound like it's a serious thing. Honestly don't mind if he even ends up missing a couple of season games, as long as he comes back 100%. We could use a tank....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Lyles is the one who came out of the blue last year. My dark horse pick is Tre Jones to be that random dude to get minutes. Sorry, my boy TheDrewShow

And I'm not saying he's any good at all

Unpredictable things happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people have short memory when it comes to Mills running point

The offense becomes a total show when he's running it.

Out of all the dudes on the roster, Patty is #2 behind Rudy on my list of "GTFO"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Lyles is the one who came out of the blue last year. My dark horse pick is Tre Jones to be that random dude to get minutes. Sorry, my boy TheDrewShow

And I'm not saying he's any good at all

Unpredictable things happen
    Came out of the blue to do what? Trey Lyles is the same barely passable player the Nuggets tossed aside, only the Spurs desperately need a body in the poition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phew, doesn't sound like it's a serious thing. Honestly don't mind if he even ends up missing a couple of season games, as long as he comes back 100%. We could use a tank....
    Keldon:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Came out of the blue to do what? Trey Lyles is the same barely passable player the Nuggets tossed aside, only the Spurs desperately need a body in the poition.
    Over Gay though?

Pop entrusting starter minutes like that to a player below the age of 30? To a non-vet?

It wasn't normal.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, Jones
    Mills, Walker
    DeRozan, Vassell
    Lyles, Gay
    Aldridge, Poeltl

Murray, Mills
    Walker, Vassell
    DeRozan, Samanic
    Lyles, Gay
    Aldridge, Poeltl

Murray, Mills
    Walker, Vassell
    DeRozan, Gay
    Aldridge, Lyles
    Poeltl, Eubanks

Those are the three likeliest rotations in my mind. I guess we'll see in camp, but I don't think Jones is going to play PG over Mills or SG over Vassell. I think Pop's going to go as big as he can ( the bubble lineup) and downsize when he has to. I think Pop will make at least a token attempt to start Poeltl/Aldridge again, both for Jakob and for Eubanks. Samanic is a four in my mind, but I don't think that's a settled issue for Pop. I also consider KBD getting time at the three to be more likely than Jones getting into the rotation, but you never know.
    That’s not great for Luka getting minutes. But it makes some sense. Luka might be a player that has to impress Pop in camp and preseason (as truncated as that is) to earn a role out of the gate.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great, now every time I hear a player being injured and missing time before the season begins I think of this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over Gay though?

Pop entrusting starter minutes like that to a player below the age of 30? To a non-vet?

It wasn't normal.
    Pop has started ty players in the past in order to bring more talent off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has started ty players in the past in order to bring more talent off the bench.
    Yes, but gradually. Never as quick as what he did with Lyles. If I'm wrong (and I could be)-- name some examples.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the worst possible news for Lonnie. Playing with dribble dribble DJ and dribble dribble DDR and post up LMA. He’s never gonna get the ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is with these interviewers and their questions?

Once you hear about the injuries to 2 of your expected rotation players...
    No one’s able to adapt and ask about expectations for the rooks?

Lonnie featuring in the rotation? Lack of 3 point shooting after Bryn and Marco’s departures, who’s picking up the slack?

Is the G-League team Toros considering the Atlanta bubble scenario?

- I’m thinking Poeltl is going to start. Pop clearly wants the starters to run, defend, share the ball.
    My only concern would be running a Tre, Mills backcourt off the bench.
    Offensively, both would be competent but on defence, especially off ball - yikes...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the worst possible news for Lonnie. Playing with dribble dribble DJ and dribble dribble DDR and post up LMA. He’s never gonna get the ball
    They have literally trended away from that. And there's literally quotes stating otherwise. Some of y'all are hopeless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have literally trended away from that. And there's literally quotes stating otherwise. Some of y'all are hopeless.
    13 year vet.
    13 year vet.
    11 year vet
    I will believe it when I see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. You make a lot of assumptions about my thinking when I never gave you my thoughts upon the subject you speak about.
    Careful. He'll put you on ignore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Poetl and Aldridge splitting minutes. Aldridge is gonna want to extend his career a few more years and should focus on 3 & D with a little post up here and there. Poetl is in his prime and should be getting at least 20 mpg.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect poetl to start ala splitter then, then sub after 5 or so minutes by Gay or Lyles ala
    Diaw then. Just my thoughts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis is younger then Thanasis. Some also think the younger of the Ball brothers are better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could argue Marc Gasol is better then Pau, also Brent Barry was better then Jon Barry lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My beef with Tre is the he got guaranteed money from out of no where based on reputation alone and Q's work wasn't rewarded by a Coach and "Program" that used "payed his dues, program" To justify Giant contracts to people like patty mills and playing time to dopes like Byrn Forbes.

Empirically if you look at the history of brother tandems in the NBA the younger brother is almost NEVER(I haven't found a one) better than the older brother. Most recently the Morris Twins, the one minutes older is statistically better than the younger one.

So Tre's brother Tyrus was the better guard at Duke.
    Won a National tle was Player of the Final four doing it and is a Journeyman bench player arguably no better than NBA CHAMPION Corey Joseph. Spurs didn't give Corey money, a guy who paid his dues, embraced the program, and won a Chip. So why give Trey money?

One More Example of the younger brothers in the NBA not living up to the Older more talented brother.

Jrue Holliday has two younger brothers both on Indiana, one is much taller and physically bigger than him, they are nice rotation players but no where near Holiday's level of talent.
    That may all be true

But I think we're on the same page that the team needs to surround Keldon with good players

The move to underpay Q is an injustice to him and him only

It benefits the Spurs, giving them more flexibility to keep depth for the future to surround Keldon with a good supporting cast

I will complain only if Q leaves as a free agent due to being disrespected by the amount of pay this year

For now, it is an issue between the Spurs and Q. Whether it is a mismanagement of financials, that is determined by two factors:

1) Tre sucks - which you brought good points on already. However, the amount being paid to him is so little that #2 below is more important
    2) Q leaves because he was disrespected

If Tre sucks, and Q stays after this contract... Then no harm was done.

If Tre is an okay player, and Q stays... The Spurs bolstered their depth and secured their future. Big win scenario.

This is my stance on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Careful. He'll put you on ignore.
    Heaven forbid.

Thread Information